Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2019, 18:03   #1
BANNED

Motorcyclist chases a hit-and-run driver in Paris

https://www.reddit.com/r/JusticeServ...after_hitting/

This came up in my Reddit feed today.
Comments, ladies and gentlemen?

Worth it to endanger your own safety? I mean whats stopping the lady driver from running you down as well?
Would you do it?

EDIT: Original video's a lot older Dec 2017

Last edited by HyperRetard : 18th March 2019 at 18:09.
HyperRetard is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 18:27   #2
BHPian

Re: Motorcyclist chases a hit-and-run driver in Paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperRetard View Post
EDIT: Original video's a lot older Dec 2017
The lady should have definitely pulled over to the shoulder and helped the victim.

OT- Also, the video that you shared brought back memories of me driving a BMW X4 last year via Grande Roue de Paris, Louvre etc;
Old 18th March 2019, 18:35   #3
BHPian

Bikers chasing hit and run drivers are way more common than you'd think. A quick YouTube search shows me more than 100 videos of various bikers going after people in cars trying to escape a hit and run scene. Why such a huge number?
Well, blame it on the social media scene. Most people today have a YouTube account, and sharing such videos there could prove to be a massive opportunity for them to increase their viewership. That is why 90% of bikers with cameras attached to their helmets today, stop when something controversial happens (hit and run, fender bender etc) and try to record it all. Desperation for content is what it's called.

That being said, the stupidity of people doing such things have been discussed at length in the comments sections of such videos on YouTube. Most people (me included) believe that it's plain foolish to take the law in your own hands, and in the process endanger your own life. The biker shouldn't have chased down the car because he had captured her plates on his camera. Why not simply give it to the police and ask them to track down the car?

Here's another video that I keep thinking about from time to time. What the bikers do is plain stupid, they should have just gone to the cops and asked them to run her plates. Taking the law in their own hands and chasing her down isnt the way to go about it IMHO.

boniver is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 12:23   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperRetard View Post
Worth it to endanger your own safety? I mean whats stopping the lady driver from running you down as well?
Would you do it?
Not if I had her on video, which the biker did too. Why bother? Just submit the video to the authorities and they'll take care of it.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 12:35   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
Here's another video that I keep thinking about from time to time. What the bikers do is plain stupid, they should have just gone to the cops and asked them to run her plates. Taking the law in their own hands and chasing her down isnt the way to go about it IMHO.
No idea how the local law will interpret this, but I feel since the bikers attacked the lady, not to mention, tried to intimidate her, gangster style - they might have a bigger problem than the lady. Absolute stupid thing to do. They could have called the police and handed over the evidence.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 15:41   #6
Senior - BHPian

Looked like a desi video Made in streets of Paris!

1) Pedestrian run over - Indian
2) Driver running away - Indian
3) Biker(s) witnessing and chasing bigger vehicle - Indian
4) Brake checking, Playing Cop/Vigilante - Indian
5) Explaining to fellow public about your righteousness - Indian
6) Big White Police Bikes with Helmets - Phoren
7) Paris ka Streets - Phoren

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks