Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2020, 12:50   #46
BHPian

Re: Bengaluru Superbike Rider arrested for doing 300 km/h on flyover

Kudos to Bangalore Police for setting up the right example. Public roads are not meant for that speed the guy achieved. I wonder don't these guys think of the consequences of risking their and others' lives. Imagine the slightest human error at that speed and he and his bike would be in a thousand pieces and no amount of safety gear can protect you.

Delhi NCR is also full of such "BIKERS" who pop wheelies at 200kmph on Yamuna Express Way but won't go for a track day at BIC.
utkarshshukla92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 12:51   #47
Senior - BHPian

Grade A moron. Actually there are so many like him in our country and worldwide. All this is done just for the YouTube likes and views. Frankly, I don't understand these kind of people. Yes, you are a selfish person and don't care about others life but atleast have some care about your own.

I believe everyone has driven a bike/scooter in their young age. I had a yamaha for 10 years in my school, college days. Never drove it above 90 although roads were relatively empty 20 years back. Even today I make it a point not to drive my car above 100 on empty expressways. Indian roads are unpredictable and any human or animal can rush on the road unexpectedly. Always best to stay cautious.

Hopefully this guy may serve some jail time. No amount of fine can drill some sense in you other than some heavy jail time. I wish NCR cops were as much Pro active.

Last edited by harry10 : 22nd July 2020 at 12:55.
Old 22nd July 2020, 12:52   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post

We don’t need more race tracks...we need less idiots on the road.
We need both, in India there are like only 3 decent tracks. More racetracks will help to grow the motorsports community in India and will reduce the number of people speeding on the streets. Obviously there will always be few people doing stupid stuff on the streets, can't do much about them but it will help getting the genuine racing fans into motorsports and keep them from speeding on the streets.
Old 22nd July 2020, 13:02   #49
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Chandra Deep for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
Greetings,

Since there is a thread regarding the biker from Bangalore being arrested for overspeeding on the electronic city flyover, I was wondering why other people who try similar stuff in the country are not charged with anything. I am in no way related to any channels, it is just out of curiosity. I am sharing the links of a few videos that show similar atrocities so that through Team-BHP, necessary action can be taken on them too as I did not find any thread related to the same.

Last edited by ChiragM : 22nd July 2020 at 13:05.
ChiragM is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 13:12   #50
Senior - BHPian

Bengaluru Police i have a simple solution for this, build a speed breaker on flyover

Police should return his R1 back, he has already suffered.
I hope this sets an example nationwide.
silverado is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 13:22   #51
BHPian

There is something VERY wrong in this video and this is not to discount the fact that he was overspeeding or anything, but to show that the speed is manipulated.
I don't know he did it, but it doesn't make sense at all.

e.g. At 01:19 he overtakes a car and a motorcycle at a speed slightly higher but his speedometer shows 100kmph.
Now either everyone is a speed demon on that road, including 100cc honda unicorn motorcycles or he's messed that speedometer up to show a higher speed than actual.

Other things wrong are that the rider is NOT an experienced rider at all. The way he's handling the bike is very evident of that.
No countersteering, bad body position are the first two things that come to my mind.

The bike with the speed limiter removed will do 300 for sure - but it's hard to believe.
Otto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 13:37   #52
BHPian

Always the sane ones pay the price for these insane money loaded morons! There are loads of bikers who I know have litre class bikes and I'd be lying if I told they don't do triple digits on highways. But, here is the thing they would never ever do this to grab attention!
I know it's not legal, but then all of us do cross the set speed limits on the highways. Infact, when I commute to office I have to take the NICE road and on a 400cc bike I reach triple digits if I cautiously do not limit the throttle. If there is traffic I don't think I even reach the allowed speed limits. Because I don't ride looking at speedo only to gain speed, I ride to commute! Again, I had a full gauntlet gloves and a decent jacket even before riding a 400cc bike. I upgraded the gears the moment I started riding on NICE road. My older bike could barely reach 80kmph! Yet I upgraded my gear, because of the weird high speed traffic on NICE road and even being pushed away from the shoulder onto gravel at times. People in general are A holes when it comes to driving on this road and they tend to do insane speeds when it's not safe. (Mostly referring to cars here overtaking from left most lanes at 90-100kmph)

So, I got pulled over twice at the exit. You ask why? Because I had safety gears on while going to office Now the cops know me and have learnt why I gear up to commute and don't bother me anymore. But it's a general perception created that safety gear==racing
bhansali_hardik is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 13:44   #53
BHPian

Undoubtedly the rider has put everyone at risk. Bangalore polices proactive action on such riders will go a long way in keeping the roads safe. Having a big motorbike is not always about speed and definitely not about insane speeds. In this case the rider had gone for cheap speed thrill and deserved to be punished as per the law.
Old 22nd July 2020, 13:55   #54
Senior - BHPian

On a lighter note, there is a WhatsApp forward (joke) circulating around, that BTP (Bangalore Traffic Police) is now also asking if one have a youtube or Instagram handle, along with checking on the other documents.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 13:59   #55
Senior - BHPian

All I would comment here is that let his license be cancelled permanently and his bike be confiscated. No way anyone can justify those insane speeds on Indian roads. That’s downright dangerous - no matter how much of an expert biker you are or how much capable the bike is, of doing those atrocious speeds.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 14:12   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
On a lighter note, there is a WhatsApp forward (joke) circulating around, that BTP (Bangalore Traffic Police) is now also asking if one have a Youtube or Instagram handle, along with checking on the other documents.
Sadly, that is not a joke. It happened to a Triumph owner in Bangalore today.
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 14:13   #57

Although it was a great job done by Bangalore Police in catching him, a simple Youtube search will lead you to hundreds of videos wherein people with litre class bikes are doing 200kmph+ speeds on Indian highways.

Speeding up on the highways and city roads are completely different things, but it is insane overspeeding nonetheless.

All of us bikers like to twist the throttle once a while on highways, but there should be some self control on it. And for all those "bikers" fishing for views and subscribers on Youtube, they should really be tracked down by the Police of every state and should be seriously made to pay for their offence.
amoghk98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 14:22   #58

Driving in a city like Bangalore at 300 km/h to me seems to be a little impossible. Not really sure if this is true... I mean he is giving all the professional F1 drivers a race for their money.. but if it's true, he needs to be booked immediately.
Old 22nd July 2020, 14:53   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsharma06 View Post
Driving in a city like Bangalore at 300 km/h to me seems to be a little impossible. Not really sure if this is true...
Not really. This did not seem to have happened right in the thick of the traffic. It is done on a straight 10 Km elevated toll road which must have been quite empty during the lock down. It is quite a long flyover with no exit/entry in between. Quite possible to do.

Bengaluru Superbike Rider arrested for doing 300 km/h on flyover-betl.jpg

With that speeds, he must have done this in 2 minutes..

Last edited by balenoed_ : 22nd July 2020 at 14:55.
balenoed_ is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 15:28   #60
Mik
BHPian

These 'superbikers', 'breakfast speed runners' really scare me.
Heck I have changed my timings of ever riding out on weekends as I don't want to classified along with that bunch.
The really big nut-jobs are the ones who gear up and then ride like its some sort of Vibranium armour they have on.
Infact, just to get to the Big Rock Dirt Park for a slide school session, I chose to go by car instead of bike (the sacrilege!) just to avoid any unnecessary harassment.
Right now, I really want to take my GSX 750 out for a service right in the middle of the city. Should I wear slippers and look as un-bikerly as possible to escape the cops.

/rant. Please don't infract
Mik is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks