Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2020, 17:45   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bengaluru Superbike Rider arrested for doing 300 km/h on flyover

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
They seem to do this for online fame and the "biker/racer/risk-taker" identity that comes along with such acts. Without their online identity, most of them are just regular Joe with rich parents whom no one would ever care about. This probably explains why they defend their act at all cost.
But this guy as shown in Kannada news channel is not from rich family who stay in rented house doing small time job, but someone crazy about biking and racing, where we borrowed money from friends and some bank loans and got the bike.
Old 23rd July 2020, 21:42   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
There is another famous Youtuber called DV, who rides as crazy as this guy but has now completely removed all his videos on fear of police action.

Hope they stop riding dangerously as well.
The least one can do, sitting in the comfort of our house, is to report such videos on YouTube, for harmful and dangerous act. It may or may not amount to anything but it's anyway better than doing nothing. We too are complicit in such crimes if we are mute to such videos.
Neo18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 21:47   #93
BHPian

In a country like india, i do not feel safe driving even at 90 on Beautiful road like Agra-Lucknow expressway. In-fact, in a country like india, any speed in excess of 70 is deadly as per me. One can never be sure about someone getting possessed by some evil spirit and doing something that is really crazy. Have u ever noticed bikers jumping onto the expressway by some damage that the nearby villagers forcefully create? In case u honk at them, be sure of a glance from them in a way that will make u feel guilty.

And a guy doing a speed of 290+ is something that should be treated as a terrorist activity on road. In case someone wants to race, he better head towards Buddha international circuit and satisfy his itch
su1978 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 15:34   #94
BHPian

He is among a bunch of guys who seem to think that they are the infamous Ghost Rider of Sweden (Patrick Von Furstenhoff) reincarnated.

What he and the like of him do not seem to understand is that if something goes wrong, its death for them, whether it's on the spot or in a hospital Casualty Room or ICU. Its death in the end. So if they want to play, they can play this game of death to their heart's content. However, there its very highly probability that they will be involved in a crash which involves other people. They are sure to kill some innocent bystander or at least grievously injure them. They have no right to play with other people’s lives. It's downright criminal conduct.

Last edited by Aditya : 24th July 2020 at 20:54. Reason: Profanity even if veiled is not permitted on Team-BHP
PratikPatel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 08:19   #95

There are a bunch of these "new" motovloggers who think its cool to max out their bikes on the open roads. 10ronsteroids was one such guy from Bangalore. His fans think maxing out a bike on an empty road is the coolest thing ever.
They are a part of the problem. These so called motovloggers should try to instill the habit of safe riding. The reality is that they stoop to any level , put their and others lives at risk for views. The fun part is that once the R1 was caught, he has ghosted his Youtube and Instagram. Hope to see some change in the community.
vinay5795 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 10:04   #96
BHPian

A very good percentage of these guys are also "inspired" by Max Wrist who is pretty famous for going full out on public roads (he is super proud of it btw )and has crashed a ton of times too, but sooner or later things catch up to you and all it takes is a second for things to go wrong.

Going through this video might help. I usually watch this channel because he provides a lot of crash analysis and first aid do's and don't which many times can be helpful in the event of a crash. It's clear his friend here who is recording had no clue what to do for the first few minutes either because he just doesn't know or he was in shock.

Posting this here for 2 reasons

1. No matter how invincible you feel you are because you managed to ride so far without having a fall, it is just a matter of time. So act like it

2. There are lot of information on what you need to do/know in the car of a crash which might be the difference of living or losing your/someones life

Cheers
Krishna

Last edited by krishnaprasadgg : 26th July 2020 at 10:12. Reason: fixed typos
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 22:36   #97
Senior - BHPian

While most of us do press the A pedal hard from time to time,what this guy did is wrong for a reason! Such vloggers "influence" their young audience, encouraging them indirectly to do such dangerous stuff, so this is something more than just breaking the traffic rules. If you do something stupid/dangerous/illegal at least don't announce it to the world.

For people who think he is not putting anyone's life in danger should have a look at the below video.

While doing crazy speed on motorcycle, one doesn't need to crash into something to loose control. Just a small imperfection on the road can cause this (one among other multiple factors).
giri1.8 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 09:30   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Such vloggers "influence" their young audience, encouraging them indirectly to do such dangerous stuff, so this is something more than just breaking the traffic rules. If you do something stupid/dangerous/illegal at least don't announce it to the world.
This is so true. Social media is filled with so many "vloggers" that blatantly break rules on camera - with no apparent consequences. And its not just social media - look at Bollywood.

Actors need to show off their perfectly styled hair and that's why most of them don't wear a helmet while riding a 2-wheeler on screen.

If a cigarette kills, so does riding without helmet but there's no warning on-screen about that. The sad part is that these guys don't see the affect they have on young and impressionable minds.

Someone very close to me used to ride at insane speeds - I mean doing 60-80Kmph on internal colony roads. One day he crashed into a car that was turning from a small bylane.

He was doing 80 with no helmet on. The doctors struggled to put his head back together for the last rites. There was nothing left - except a grieving mother.

Whenever I see someone doing stupid stunts on YouTube I immediately report that video and ensure that the channel is never recommended to me again.

[Sorry if this sounded like a rant. ]
JoeTheWanderer is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 06:04   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTheWanderer View Post
This is so true. Social media is filled with so many "vloggers" that blatantly break rules on camera - with no apparent consequences
Immediately the name "Faisal Khan" comes to mind. Worst so called 'reviewer' ever. Have seen his videos of him driving at speeds which cannot be mentioned here! And then he uploads them on his youtube channel. So daring! EVEN THEN his videos are not deleted by youtube (even after I reported so many times), neither a concerned authority takes any action.
Once I put up a some 60-70 word comment on his video (and tagged him in that comment) regarding his rash driving. He replied to me "Point noted". Then after a few days when again I watched one of his videos, I saw he has started to put a 'Disclaimer' supporting safe driving (may be my comment effect, not sure). But once that written disclaimer ends after 2 seconds, he is back to his regular rash driving. Then what was that disclaimer for? And what 'point' did he 'note' based on my comment?

These people should be banned from automotive sector with immediate effect, for indirectly provoking others to drive in an unsafe way.

Quote:
If a cigarette kills, so does riding without helmet but there's no warning on-screen about that.
Very valid point!

Quote:
Whenever I see someone doing stupid stunts on YouTube I immediately report that video and ensure that the channel is never recommended to me again.
It rarely works. Has not, at least for me, whenever I have reported. That video remains there even after days. End of the day, those morons make youtube even more popular and business of Youtube depends on those morons, rather, "stakeholders"!
Mynameis is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 06:31   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameis View Post
Immediately the name "Faisal Khan" comes to mind. Worst so called 'reviewer' ever.
Spot on. He's a special kind of stupid. Not sure where he's based but a tweet/FB message to that city's police might help. Car companies ought to do their part too - stop giving idiots like him media invites to drive newly launched cars.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 07:41   #101
BHPian

I'm glad we're all discussing this. I'm more glad that the stupid fellow didn't kill anyone (while giving mini heart attacks) on his joyride and has been caught.

Having said that, I'd like to say a few things, which may or may not have already been posted here on the forum or this very thread.
  • Motorcycling is inherently dangerous. Doesn't matter if it's a Scooty Pep or a Hayabusa. Crashing is inevitable, one can only delay the same with safe riding practices.
  • Motorbikes cannot self balance themselves, cars can. This doesn't directly mean that cars are safer. In the wrong hands, cars can kill more people at once.
  • 2 set of braking wheels on a bike versus 4 in cars. In most cases, cars would stop in a more assuring manner. Yes SBKs have awesome brakes, but people around don't! So, that must be kept in consideration.
  • Everyone over speeds by a certain delta. The extent of that delta makes a world of a difference. I'm sure most of bikes do 100-110. Bigger bikes do that in a more controlled manner and are safer to brake to lower speeds. But 300 is simply madness!
  • Riding gear doesn't make anyone invincible.
  • Cops cannot run behind each person to make them follow rules, it's our own responsibility.
Divya Sharan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 08:53   #102
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

A biker. Why am I not surprised (no offense). Have seen tons of biker rage videos. You don't respect traffic rules and speed limits. You come flying at 200km/h and abuse someone who took a turn while indicating just because he was not expecting a bike to cut him off so fast. Then you have the audacity to break their wing mirror because you broke speed limits. I remember back in Manipal, there was this Y-junction near my college. I waited for traffic to clear, then I moved on to the main road. This idiot on a blue R15 comes barreling down easily at 120+ . He violently cuts me off and then honks and gives me the finger because I did not see him as he was literally flying. I wish I had hit him. Living in Bangalore for a year made me hate bikers even more. Out of 100 bikers, maybe about 2-3 behave normally. I am so done with two wheelers. Even autorickshaws and taxis behave better.

Last edited by vredesbyrd : 5th August 2020 at 08:57.
vredesbyrd is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 22:28   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameis View Post
Immediately the name "Faisal Khan" comes to mind. Worst so called 'reviewer' ever. Have seen his videos of him driving at speeds which cannot be mentioned here! And then he uploads them on his Youtube channel. So daring! EVEN THEN his videos are not deleted by Youtube (even after I reported so many times), neither a concerned authority takes any action.
I agree. You should see how he drives the AT variants. Always launches his car. For what? Aircon off, left foot on the brake, right foot pushed hard on the accelerator and then let go of the brake. Who drives like this? It is very irritating to watch him drive in this fashion. He even clocks his 0 to 100 runs driving in this fashion. AFAIK, no other reviewer drives in this manner.
pgsagar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 00:36   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I agree. You should see how he drives the AT variants. Always launches his car. For what?...AFAIK, no other reviewer drives in this manner.
Yes Sir, I have seen his AT cars drives too. 0-100 in a Kwid AMT. And many more! Least said the better.

But at the same time, if you see his reviews when he went to USA, he was driving so patiently. Also, his voice did not rise after a certain limit. Why? Clearly he knew it would be a lot of trouble if he drives like that in the States. Huge fine, may be even jail.

Patient driving in a Lincoln Navigator vs enthusiastic driving in a kwid AMT. Least said the better!
Mynameis is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 16:11   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I heard that the Youtuber DV had an accident and damaged his knee cap which is smashed. I hope that is not the case and that they invest in proper riding gear.

Not his knee cap though. Even with riding gears things can take a bad turn. It's not easy to admit your mistake on a public forum but I appreciate the fact that he spoke about it. DV if you are reading this it would be a good time to change the content of your channel. You have a family expecting you everyday at home. Speeding on a highway is totally unwarranted unlike a racetrack.
shady is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks