Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2022, 01:24   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ruroc Helmets - Worth Buying?

Hi!

Anyone here using a Ruroc helmet?
Has anyone purchased the latest Atlas 4.0?

Have always loved their design, but there are mixed reviews online (quite a few negative for the older lids).

Also, looks like they ship directly to India. Customs would be extra. Has anyone got it shipped to them directly?

Ruroc Helmets - Worth Buying?-whatsapp-image-20220525-1.23.23-am.jpeg
parrys is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 13:26   #2
BHPian

Re: Ruroc Helmets - Worth Buying?

I would advise against it for 2 reasons:

1. Their reputation is similar to that of Raycon earbuds, an average product sold primarily on influencer hype. Spares availability in the future isn't guaranteed for such an operation that could disappear in a day. Overall quality like you mentioned has been disappointing based on online reviews.

2. Customs cost will be significant, pushing the price beyond any of the premium helmets that are available directly in India.

Their designs are certainly cool, but I would personally leave the safety of my head to professionals who have been selling helmets for decades.
RiderZone is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 13:54   #3
BHPian

Well, here's an Indian clone of the Ruroc (atleast in terms of styling-matches the basic silhouette).

https://motocentral.in/products/axor...yABEgLwN_D_BwE
saitvsk23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 14:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZone View Post
Customs cost will be significant, pushing the price beyond any of the premium helmets that are available directly in India.
The problem is, there isn't any premium brand helmet available as of date.
I have a Bell Qualifier DLX Isle Of Man TT and a Scorpion EXO-1400 Carbon Obscura. The Bell is almost 3 years old, so will need to retire it.

Atlas 4.0 reviews are decent, reports suggest the improvements have made it a competent premium helmet now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saitvsk23 View Post
Well, here's an Indian clone of the Ruroc (atleast in terms of styling-matches the basic silhouette).
I bought one Axor Retro Moto-X for city use, and the quality is worse than a 100 rupee cap. The head liner from above the forehead keeps coming out.
parrys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 18:35   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
Hi!

Anyone here using a Ruroc helmet?
Has anyone purchased the latest Atlas 4.0?
I'm sure you've done your homework but if not, then there are a few YouTube Vloggers in India who have purchased the earlier versions of Ruroc and have given their views on it. Some have also mentioned about the custom duties paid etc. but that's like 2 year old uploads.

If your mind is set on Ruroc, then you can try emailing them and checking on an approx estimate landing cost. Else, you can check with bikegear.in for other branded premium helmets.
Old 26th May 2022, 21:16   #6
BHPian

Please avoid ruroc. It's a low quality Chinese helmet with a paint job. Save your money and buy Shoei, Arai, Xlite, Nolan, or any of the other dozen reputed manufacturers.
no_fear is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 22:03   #7
BHPian

I don't think any non ISI helmets are being imported or being sold in India as of now. I was searching for helmet for almost 3 months after December and all I could find was Lazer or Bell Qualifier.
dheer4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 01:24   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheer4 View Post
I don't think any non ISI helmets are being imported or being sold in India as of now. I was searching for helmet for almost 3 months after December and all I could find was Lazer or Bell Qualifier.
From what I am hearing, you are right.
Importing an helmet is a bit of a challenge right now from what I understand!!

@parrys: I would highly recommend to get in touch with bikegear.in to see what he can get for you. Pretty extensive list of helmets, decent pricing and very good service.

My humble opinion, when it comes to helmets, go with the established brands even if some of their helmets are pricey (because of endorsements).

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 12:05   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
@parrys: I would highly recommend to get in touch with bikegear.in to see what he can get for you. Pretty extensive list of helmets, decent pricing and very good service.

My humble opinion, when it comes to helmets, go with the established brands even if some of their helmets are pricey (because of endorsements).

Rachit
Yup, have checked with them.
Prices are on the higher side, but they are ensuring delivery. Money is not the concern.
I just hope the shipping and handling doesn't damage such an expensive helmet.

Airoh Commander is also on the list, but not sure how long I am keeping my 390 ADV.
Old 31st May 2022, 21:20   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Yup, have checked with them.
Prices are on the higher side, but they are ensuring delivery. Money is not the concern.
I just hope the shipping and handling doesn't damage such an expensive helmet.

Airoh Commander is also on the list, but not sure how long I am keeping my 390 ADV.
So, I got my Shoei X14 from them. Typically a helmet box is pretty safe and would prevent the helmet from damaging in transit. I would not worry about that too much. When my box arrived, even the box was scratch less.

On the subject of an ADV helmet vs Road helmet, my observation is, for road riding which includes touring, Road helmets are better. ADV helmets have advantages only on trails or in off-road riding scenarios.

Best of luck!!

Rachit
Old 1st June 2022, 21:40   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The problem is, there isn't any premium brand helmet available as of date.
I have a Bell Qualifier DLX Isle Of Man TT and a Scorpion EXO-1400 Carbon Obscura. The Bell is almost 3 years old, so will need to retire it.
parrys, why are you retiring a helmet that is only 3 years old? You can safely get another couple of years out of it.

Like the others, I would suggest that you avoid Ruroc helmets. If you are importing or getting someone to hand carry a helmet, it would be best to stick to the known brands.

If you can wait a bit, Airoh and Bell should be getting ISI certified helmets. How long you will have to wait, that I do not know.
Old 8th June 2022, 01:35   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
parrys, why are you retiring a helmet that is only 3 years old? You can safely get another couple of years out of it.

Like the others, I would suggest that you avoid Ruroc helmets. If you are importing or getting someone to hand carry a helmet, it would be best to stick to the known brands.

If you can wait a bit, Airoh and Bell should be getting ISI certified helmets. How long you will have to wait, that I do not know.
Haven't dropped the lid, but I just think that it has served me well. Also, bored.

I really hoped the Ruroc Atlas 4 was at par with other premium helmets.

If Bell & Airoh are getting the ISI certification done, I don't mind waiting for a while. Wonder which lids they would get here though...

Last edited by parrys : 8th June 2022 at 01:40.
Old 15th June 2022, 07:47   #13
BHPian

That skull-art paint job would get you pulled over by the police way too often!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks