Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2022, 16:26   #16

Re: Dad meets with an accident on his Activa

Relieved to hear that he is fine and recovering. Two wheelers are always at risk of being rammed or tipped from the rear especially considering the road conditions, road manners & the number of vehicles.

Hearing this incident & many more involving people within my circle, I honestly never had the courage to buy a 2 wheeler for my family members. This can sound cynical but having seen such incidents in the metro cities, I avoid 2 wheelers as much as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Oh my God that was an insane hit from behind which must have become far worse since your Dad must have been caught off guard as well. How you managed to keep your temper and avoid smashing that drivers smug face only you know.

It’s his military training and toughness, both physically and mentally which have helped him recover. He’s well, that’s all that’s important, vehicle is nothing.

Please wish him well from all of us at Team BHP and may he have a happy life going forward. All the best!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidharth Sankar View Post
So the incident happened roughly a month ago. My father had gone to buy groceries mid afternoon. The store is just a km away from our house. Being this time of the day there was not much traffic (our area is semi-urban). He was wearing his helmet as always as he is strict about this. He has always told me to wear my helmet regardless of how far or near I was riding to. So coming back to the topic, on the way at about half a km from our house there is a small clinic. The road bends towards the right and is comparatively narrower at that particular spot. While my father was on his way, just after this small bend there was a Mahindra Tourister (contract carriage) making a U turn. This spot has been widely used by these tempo drivers as they run a parallel service in our area and the neighbouring ones. My father slowed down to the left side of the road and came to a stop waiting for the Tourister to clear off. He could have taken the risk and overtook it but chose not to do so as he was in no hurry and due to the above said characteristics of the road at that point. The next thing he hears is a big sound of a crash and as he opened his eyes he was lying on the road with his helmet on his head (luckily).

Last edited by Aditya : 1st July 2022 at 19:53. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Traveller17 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks