Team-BHP - Motorcycle school? Want to learn riding & maintenance/mechanicals
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Ride Safe (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ride-safe/)
-   -   Motorcycle school? Want to learn riding & maintenance/mechanicals (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ride-safe/36808-motorcycle-school-want-learn-riding-maintenance-mechanicals.html)

Anyone here know of a training school who teach how to ride a bike as well as maintenance and mechanicals?

Would be nice if it was in Bangalore...

Cheers,

Paul

Sadly there are no such schools in India, though learning to ride a bike is quite easy. I learned it myself, just take you bike/scooter to an open ground and start practicing.

As for learning basic maintenance tasks, there is plenty of information available on the internet and you can always take your bike to a mechanic and ask him to teach you basic stuff like changing oil, adjusting chain etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRK (Post 763328)
I've been searching this for sometime now.. No Luck here in Mumbai..

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogesh sarkar (Post 770190)
Sadly there are no such schools in India, though learning to ride a bike is quite easy. I learned it myself, just take you bike/scooter to an open ground and start practicing.

As for learning basic maintenance tasks, there is plenty of information available on the internet and you can always take your bike to a mechanic and ask him to teach you basic stuff like changing oil, adjusting chain etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mithun (Post 774030)
Don't think about a motor-bike school in India !

There is a motor driving school in Bombay that teaches bikes. Its a 15 days course. I remember seeing a poster on the wall quite some time back.

Radio bhuvan has a course for car & bike maintainance. Check with them. I don't know if they have a branch outside Bombay though.

Any update on two wheeler riding schools in Bangalore? I'm trying to teach my wife how to ride. She says she has ridden a bicycle before, but it doesn't show. I would appreciate some information on schools near R T Nagar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by triedeverything (Post 1993012)
Any update on two wheeler riding schools in Bangalore? I'm trying to teach my wife how to ride. She says she has ridden a bicycle before, but it doesn't show. I would appreciate some information on schools near R T Nagar.

I guess most driving schools do teach two wheeler riding also. Atleast in Pune they do. Some schools even advertise that knowing how to ride a bicycle is not a prerequisite.
Know it because 5 years ago, I sold my Scooty ES to a driving school who I think use it to train novice riders till date. I have seen a Kiney, an M80 and a Hero Honda CD100 also with them, so I guess they offer options to learners.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRK (Post 763328)
I've been searching this for sometime now.. No Luck here in Mumbai..

There's one in Borivali I know of. I had some issues with my license so I went to this motor driving school opposite my house to ask if their agent can help me out, there I saw someone coming and enquiring about 2 wheeler training. Not only that, you get to choose from a range of bikes... Apache, Pulsar, Unicorn. (they had 3-4 bikes, don't exactly remember which ones). :Shockked:

You can try some good car driving schools. Most of them would be teaching two-wheelers also. At my place you can find one almost every 5kms. For the beginners who dont have cycle balance, they use Sunny.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Phoenix (Post 1995019)
There's one in Borivali I know of. I had some issues with my license so I went to this motor driving school opposite my house to ask if their agent can help me out, there I saw someone coming and enquiring about 2 wheeler training. Not only that, you get to choose from a range of bikes... Apache, Pulsar, Unicorn. (they had 3-4 bikes, don't exactly remember which ones). :Shockked:

Where is this place in borivali? I stay in kandivli and need to learn riding a bike!

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrangeWizard (Post 2701425)
Where is this place in borivali? I stay in kandivli and need to learn riding a bike!

It's on the Link Road. You must be aware of this famous restaurant called BBC - Borivali Biryani Center. Same building, few shops next to BBC, the corner facing Link Road has this driving school. You won't miss it, there's a bike mechanic next to it and you'll see bunch of mechanics and bikes over there.

I hope this helps. :)

I came across a place in Hebbal, Bangalore where a lady teaches other ladies how to ride. 90% of their students have never ridden a cycle before. They say that they can do this 'miracle' in 10 days.

I'm hoping I won't have to change my signature soon :D

Anyway, the name of the place is Sagar, near Big Baazar Hebbal. They will charge between 3k to 3.5 depending on whether you want to learn around your house or if you can go to Hebbal. This includes assistance with getting a driving license. PM me for contact information.

Quote:

Originally Posted by triedeverything (Post 1996223)
Don't tell me there is no one on this forum that has taught his wife to ride. Come on guys ... some help hereplease:

I taught my wife and daughter on a Dio/Scooty initially. Getting the balance and the basics right was easier without having to cope with any gears. Graduated to a bike after letting them use a scooter for a few months allowed a much steeper learning curve!
All the best!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badaasaab (Post 3266147)
Graduated to a bike after letting them use a scooter for a few months allowed a much steeper learning curve!
All the best!

Super! and thanks for the response. I too went ahead and taught her how to ride. And here's more info - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...e-scooter.html

Get in touch with these guys. Apart from the riding school and tours, they also have a garage at Whitefield, Blore. Their garage is called Greasehouse, they work on SBK's, vintage bikes and bullets.

Quote:

Get in touch with these (Indimotard - Motorcycle Tours, Track Racing & more...) guys
Reviving an old thread , are there any new such schools ? I have not seen any initiative from Harley dealers locally unlike overseas where they regularly conduct driver training program and give Harley bikes to drive . It can be a side earning for dealers and a sales opportunity as well , I am looking something for self - any pointers in North

Fellow BHPians,

You all know that India has immense potential in the "big bike" segment. With a lot of international manufacturers coming in and setting up shop in India and people having more disposable income at hand, there has been a rise in sales of expensive motorcycles.

Also there has been a rise in 2 wheeler accidents as always. There are a lot of automotive enthusiasts in India who like to improve their skills in driving or riding. There are quite a few driving schools in India but not even a single official/registered riding school. I know about IndiMotard`s Throttle Wide Open (T.W.O.), California Superbike School (CSS) and the like, but they are available at a certain time of the year to train a select group of people, not regularly.

Do you think that if a motorcycle riding school is available regularly (9 to 5) in India, like driving schools ,then motorcycle accidents can be reduced?
A simple school, not a track riding/racing school.

If yes, then how would it help the general public? And how would it affect the automotive scenario in general?

In my opinion :
- A riding school should be available regularly which teaches at least the very basic skills(clutch and brake control, friction point, etc.).
- Creates awareness about safe riding.
- Should teach at a nominal cost.
- Should issue certificates which will then help the person to get a separate motorcycle license.

Pros :
- Less hooligans on roads
- Improved traffic etiquette due to less lane splitting, etc.
- More awareness regarding powerful motorcycles and how to use them

Cons :
- People experimenting with their skills on public roads.

So what`s your opinion about this?