Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2014, 19:05   #2011
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Same here, I have been following SPG for more than a week now, they don't have stock of full leather gloves. Is there any better alternative in the price range of 3-3.5K?
Been using the Rynox Inferno for about 8 months now, done approximately 17000 kms, including a ride from Mumbai to Bhutan and back. Used them in rain, winter (wore a thin winter glove under it), and summer. Used them for weird things like chain lubing and bike repair, very very durable.

Here's the complete review: http://riderzone.in/rynox-inferno-mo...gloves-review/

I would call them one of the best option available around 3k!
Old 3rd December 2014, 08:06   #2012
BHPian

The Riding Gear thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1417574082.906319.jpg

My new JCB boots.. Leather, Anti slip with toe protector & reinforced heel. I ride a TB 500.

Last edited by n_aditya : 3rd December 2014 at 10:10. Reason: formatting corrected
Old 3rd December 2014, 10:12   #2013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaikhmimran View Post
Attachment 1314723

My new JCB boots.. Leather, Anti slip with toe protector & reinforced heel. I ride a TB 500.
While lace-less boots are safest (ones with velcro straps or zippers are best), i would suggest you to tuck the laces inside the boot while riding.

These laces have a great liking to the foot pegs and gear/brake levers and tend to snag when you want to put your feet on the ground.

Take care and ride safe.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2014, 21:53   #2014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
@basuroy, You can check Cramster gloves
http://www.cramster.in/categories/Cr...U00053167.aspx

They have a sizing guide also. You can order the "Twister Touring" gloves or the "Tundra Winter" gloves online. I've a store in town and I'm waiting for my size to arrive for the "Flux Summer" gloves Rs.1,650!
Store: RED PILLAR, Nagar Road (Behind IBM), Pune.
Hello Riders,

The wait is over... got my pair of Cramster Twister touring gloves. Couldn't wait any longer for the Flux and as winter has set in I went in favor of the touring semi gauntlet gloves. Cost Rs. 1,500/- [as it was a 2013 stock] Size -Small.

+Leather
+Inexpensive
+Semi gauntlet
+Wide straps

-Only kevlar knuckle protector
-Thumb has net/mesh on the outside

Note: I tried the Blaster gloves also but I was in between sizes but it had more protection on the fingers, thumbs and wrist.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-img_20141203_200539.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-img_20141203_200637.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-img_20141203_200906.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-img_20141203_201106.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-img_20141203_201257.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-img_20141203_201333.jpg  

Old 4th December 2014, 07:21   #2015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhasd75 View Post
No need for any accessories unless we do real rallies.
I have traveled across India without accessories and on my RX100 and no major accident (read broken bones). Only the unsure and outrageous will talk about gloves, shin guard, et al. Not to mention the over-enthusiastic throttle
Wow I just cant believe how ignorant this post is. You are lucky(and may you stay lucky) to have traveled across India without accessories and no broken bones.
I have friends who have gone down and walked away just because they wore proper gear. Controlling the throttle comes with maturity and experience, and there are tons of bikers in India who are mature enough to ride safe at the same time use proper gear.

In the biker world only unsure and outrageous squids will talk/preach bout not wearing gear!

Right Gear SAVES you period! Ride Safe!!!
kraft.wagen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2014, 23:42   #2016
BHPian

Thanks for all the suggestions fellow members, I revisited the Spartan showroom in Chennai and kitted up. I never believe in buying life saving stuff online as fit is of paramount importance. They finally had a stock of the stuff I wanted!

1. MT Blade SV Raceline Helmet (Black and Orange scheme), love it. Excellent build, great ventilation (Chennai heat needs it!). I also used a balaclava (spartan again) but that shuts down some of the ventilation, any suggestions? The inside of the helmet gets heated up if I wear one.

2. Phaeton Gloves, excellent grip, however initial feel is that the webbing area has too much heat generation. Will wait to provide a judgement. Again, black and Orange theme

3. Helios Jacket - Went in thinking of buying Hyperion but liked the mesh construction in Helios (less leather). Given that most of a drives will be in hot, humid climate choice Helios, the size fitted perfectly. Especially the armors were comfortable. More importantly all the armor is knox. Was thinking of a cordura but gave it a pass after trying Helios.

I will write a review after some trips on each of these. As of now I am not taking riding pants as I am pretty comfortable with my Jeans (especially given the weather).

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Same here, I have been following SPG for more than a week now, they don't have stock of full leather gloves. Is there any better alternative in the price range of 3-3.5K?
Giri, I visited their showroom last week, got phaetons since I didnt want a full leather glove. Somehow I felt some fabric would reduce the heat, but I am not seeing it work. Given my experience with fabric, I would be very careful with full leather, especially if you are riding in this great Chennai weather.

Last edited by aah78 : 20th March 2015 at 00:01. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 5th December 2014, 17:02   #2017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhasd75 View Post
No need for any accessories unless we do real rallies.
I have traveled across India without accessories and on my RX100 and no major accident (read broken bones). Only the unsure and outrageous will talk about gloves, shin guard, et al. Not to mention the over-enthusiastic throttle
Completely agree with you. When we're living for others, especially as organ donors, we really don't need any riding gears hehe
aargee is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 13:47   #2018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna.vps View Post

3. Helios Jacket - Went in thinking of buying Hyperion but liked the mesh construction in Helios (less leather). Given that most of a drives will be in hot, humid climate choice Helios, the size fitted perfectly. Especially the armors were comfortable. More importantly all the armor is knox. Was thinking of a cordura but gave it a pass after trying Helios.
I purchased a Spartan Helios Jacket and Aspida Armoured trousers (made by Spartan). Extremely happy with the fit, comfort and ventilation properties of these.
Old 8th December 2014, 22:48   #2019
BHPian

Has anyone heard of , or used or know someone who has used Motoverse leathers?

It's a domestic brand but claim to source their leather from outside. The suit doesn't look any worse than other established brands , but does lack thigh/hip armour.
Old 9th December 2014, 10:05   #2020
Senior - BHPian

Hello guys,
I will be buying the SPG Icarus this weekend. Do I have options in this price range? I may also opt for basic boots along with the jacket. I currently use the Rynox Rampage short gloves, they're pretty good.

TIA

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 9th December 2014 at 10:14.
Old 9th December 2014, 12:57   #2021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
I will be buying the SPG Icarus this weekend. Do I have options in this price range?
I'm using the SPG Icarus for more than a month now on daily basis. It's bang for the buck. Try your size with the liner. Only concern I've that if you keep the zip down the jacket seems to fall backwards from the shoulders, u need to zip-up always!
Other options are,
1. Cramster Breezer 4.0 @5.5k -I found it a bit too short!
2. There is a new Jacket from Rynox Gears the Air GT mesh @5.5k
http://www.rynoxgears.com/index.php/...acket-192.html

Note: Both the options above come with 2 liners.

Cheers
surjaonwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 13:57   #2022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
I'm using the SPG Icarus for more than a month now on daily basis. It's bang for the buck. Try your size with the liner. Only concern I've that if you keep the zip down the jacket seems to fall backwards from the shoulders, u need to zip-up always!
Other options are,
1. Cramster Breezer 4.0 @5.5k -I found it a bit too short!
2. There is a new Jacket from Rynox Gears the Air GT mesh @5.5k
http://www.rynoxgears.com/index.php/...acket-192.html

Note: Both the options above come with 2 liners.

Cheers
Thanks for this Suraj, will check them out. My friend stocks Rynox gears, will go pay him a visit.

Cheers
Old 9th December 2014, 14:10   #2023
BANNED

It seems many missed Friday 28th November sale in USA, My friend picked off road gears from cyclegear.com stores directly for himself and for my kid, got complete off-road riding gears for kid under 25K and brands were Fox, O'neill etc.
Old 9th December 2014, 15:43   #2024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna.vps View Post
Giri, I visited their showroom last week, got phaetons since I didnt want a full leather glove. Somehow I felt some fabric would reduce the heat, but I am not seeing it work. Given my experience with fabric, I would be very careful with full leather, especially if you are riding in this great Chennai weather.
yes, you are right about the weather part, I would never suggest full leather for daily usage in Chennai, but I use bike just as weekend toys, so usage would be not that much! have used full leather gloves before quiet a few times, so taking the plunge
Old 11th December 2014, 16:21   #2025
Senior - BHPian

Hello all,
Got myself a Rynox Air GT jacket. Its a new offering from Rynox and its made of mesh material and it looks like it would let in a lot of air...
Got the XL size and it fit well with both liners (yes 2) in place. But feels quite loose otherwise. Haven't worn it on the bike, will be getting a size down tonight.
The other option was Rynox Tornado. This fit is a lot better than air GT but I feel it will roast me during Bombay summers. Will post pics later on in the day.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks