Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2015, 00:38   #2236
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
Congrats on the Z ! Kawasaki has struck the right chord with this discount thing ! We will see how you never cross 100 kmph

I have the following accessories on mine.

1 - R&G fork protectors - PRS mumbai
2 - Puig R12 frame slider - RetroRiders, Delhi
3 - Kawasaki Engine Guard - motoriders.in, Bangalore
4 - Evotech Radiator Guard - BSS, Mumbai
5 - Tank Pad - Keiti Karbon Fiber, Orion Motors, Bangalore
6 - Paddock - G&A Facebook page, Mumbai

I believe, frame sliders, engine guards and Radiator guard are absolute necessities.

Don't think you need a elbow protector if you have a decent jacket. Don't forget the boots and the gloves (leather ones preferably) as they are bare minimum gear you would want on you in case of a mishap.
Thanks a lot Sojo! Congrats to you too - waiting for your thread to go live. Agree with you on the 100kmph part I have ordered for the engine guards and the paddock stand. Frame sliders, Fork protectors and Radiator guard are next on the list.

Yes, if I could get a decent jacket with good protection - I may not need elbow guards - so will have to check those ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chida View Post
Congrats on you Z800!!! I am sure that would be some feeling when you get your hands on your dreambike; do keep us posted with updates and Pictures.

I don’t have a superbike (probably would get one next year) but I am sure it can do triple digits without much effort, so it’s going to be a challenge. Not sure how crazy the traffic is in Mumbai, coz here in Bangalore such speeds are possible only if you drive early in the morning that too in outer ring road/ Airport road. ALL THE BEST!!!

Considering the amount you have spent on the bike, I suggest you invest in good riding gears. Depending on your budget I suggest you go for either A*/Dianese/SPARTAN. I personally use A* jacket (it has got CE certified elbow, & shoulder protector; Foam for chest & back – 11K) & ASPHIDA - ZEUS Sports boots (8k). Few of our fellow BHPians swear by SPARTAN Jackets, you can check out post by Aargee for more details.

If you plan to go for 1 piece suit, then you can try TBG; I have not used it personally but have read some good reviews about the same.
Thanks Chida! Yes, I cannot wait to get my hands on the bike. Its been 2 months and the wait is killing me - but like they say - Patience Pays!

Currently am on a tight budget for a riding gear and hence not looking at expensive ones - but in due time, yes - I will invest in a good riding gear (although not the 1 piece suit and definitely not a leather jacket). The Alpinestar one that you mentioned - could you post a pic of it and also let me know where it is available? I will check out Spartan jackets too.

All the best to you too and hope to see a thread from you soon early next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Considering Mumbai weather I feel you must stick to mesh jackets and trousers. The Spartan Helios mesh jacket coupled with the ASPIDA mesh riding trousers provide good protection, zip together at the back to form one unit and have adequate ventilation.

Safe and happy riding
Very true, goandude - Mumbai weather and leather gear dont go together. So its definitely going to be a mesh jacket. Trousers ... hmm... not for now.. but eventually yes.

Thanks goandude!
Old 8th April 2015, 10:37   #2237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Currently am on a tight budget for a riding gear and hence not looking at expensive ones

Trousers ... hmm... not for now.. but eventually yes.
The trousers are very comfortable and airy with inbuilt knee and hip protection and cost only about 3k, so if you go for this along with a Helios jacket, the total would be 9xxx/- much less than an A* jacket alone.
PS I have nothing to do with Spartan
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2015, 12:06   #2238
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot Sojo! Congrats to you too - waiting for your thread to go live. ...

...Currently am on a tight budget for a riding gear and hence not looking at expensive ones - but in due time, yes - ...

Very true, goandude - Mumbai weather and leather gear dont go together. So its definitely going to be a mesh jacket. Trousers ... hmm... not for now.. but eventually yes.

Thanks goandude!
Thanks. Hopefully I can make it go live the right way

I have been using the ADVBREED jacket from TBG for the last couple of weeks and must say this is great for the summer. Bangalore has been deadly hot during this time and I have been kept much cooler in it. I used to wear a Nero and now when I wear it, it feels like someone if suffocating me. I wear it to office in bangalore traffic everyday now.
Also this jacket comes with sastech level 1 armors for elbow and shoulder which also offer great flexibility unlike the hard ones. The back is a level 2 sastec which is brilliant.
I use a foam back (from nero) for city and the level 2 for highway. The fit is tight and snug. The length is shortish at the waist. Pockets are pretty small. Comes with a rain liner which you put from outside and is great as it is weightless. The rain liner pocket is pretty big and can be used in multiple ways if needed. Chains might be a bit fiddly to use with gloves because they come with small tabs.
Hope you have planned for a leather glove as well.

Also suggest if you cannot afford a pant at all to get a knee guard at least. They are cheaper and provide decent protection, much better than just trousers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
The trousers are very comfortable and airy with inbuilt knee and hip protection and cost only about 3k, so if you go for this along with a Helios jacket, the total would be 9xxx/- much less than an A* jacket alone.
PS I have nothing to do with Spartan

Which pants are we talking about here for 3K and protection and airy ?
Old 8th April 2015, 12:54   #2239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, if I could get a decent jacket with good protection - I may not need elbow guards - so will have to check those ones.
Alan,
You could even try Rynox Air GT mesh jacket. I have it and it's so light you hardly feel its on.

Congrats on your purchase BTW

cheers

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 8th April 2015 at 12:58.
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2015, 15:52   #2240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post

Which pants are we talking about here for 3K and protection and airy ?
Aspida by Spartan. My bad it was 5900/-
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2015, 19:34   #2241
BHPian

Quote:
The Alpinestar one that you mentioned - could you post a pic of it and also let me know where it is available? I will check out Spartan jackets too.
Sorry could not take picture of my own jacket, got this from internet. I have got the same color; so here's my warning, this jacket really looks good, but gets dirty pretty fast as well, so I pretty much end up washing this every 10days or so. btw, I use this daily and Bangalore pollution takes care of making it as dirty as possible

I got this from ORION motors here, I believe they get it from Bachoo motors, considering you are from Mumbai, you should be able to source it from them (if and when you decide)

Considering you are tight on budget try out SPARTAN Helios jacket, I have read some good reviews about that (probably here or in xBHP).
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-images.jpg  

Old 9th April 2015, 11:15   #2242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have got the same color; so here's my warning, this jacket really looks good, but gets dirty pretty fast as well,

I got this from ORION motors here, I believe they get it from Bachoo motors, considering you are from Mumbai, you should be able to source it from them (if and when you decide)
It get dirty fast as it has more white on it.

Bachoo motors is the official guys for RJAYS and not Alpinestars, DSG pune and Mumbai are the guys for Alpinestars.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 18:06   #2243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
It get dirty fast as it has more white on it.
Yes, absolutely and when washed it looks equally amazing!!!

Quote:
Bachoo motors is the official guys for RJAYS and not Alpinestars, DSG pune and Mumbai are the guys for Alpinestars.
Thanks for the info, I found lot of Bachoo motors boxes around (probably it had RJAYs gears in it) and hence the wrong conclusion.
Old 10th April 2015, 13:29   #2244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes they do, but maintenance is high. I spend a good 30 to 40 minutes cleaning up my gear (white ones) after every sunday ride and then pack them up for the next sunday.
Old 12th April 2015, 12:52   #2245
BHPian

Quote:

I can vouch for the the amazing quality, stitch of this. I have one in the same color as you posted above, and another one in all black(Black in summers is a bit of a problem in Delhi for daily wearing)
So the white one is just for summers, wore it for 7-8 monts straight form April to November last year every day and by the end of week put it in the machine and voila, it comes out as good as new, not a single thread has come off yet.
And now it is up for another year of commuting, lets see how it holds.
Old 12th April 2015, 13:27   #2246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehuel View Post
I can vouch for the the amazing quality, stitch of this.
Thanks, that helps, I was kind of getting worried and felt probably washing once in a week may not be a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehuel View Post
I have one in the same color as you posted above, and another one in all black(Black in summers is a bit of a problem in Delhi for daily wearing) So the white one is just for summers, wore it for 7-8 monts straight form April to November last year every day and by the end of week put it in the machine and voila, it comes out as good as new, not a single thread has come off yet.
And now it is up for another year of commuting, lets see how it holds.
Yeh, I can understand. Wearing such jackets in Delhi during summers (heat waves) is a challenge for sure; but delhi does have the advantage of very low humidity though.
Old 12th April 2015, 13:56   #2247
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, that helps, I was kind of getting worried and felt probably washing once in a week may not be a good idea.

Yeh, I can understand. Wearing such jackets in Delhi during summers (heat waves) is a challenge for sure; but delhi does have the advantage of very low humidity though.
, no issues at all. it can bear a lot of torment. the only thing that i should have mentioned before is the reflective tape on the sleeve is showing slight signs of wear, but other than that all is good.

Yup, luckily humidity isnt that much of an issue in Delhi, a month or two to the most during monsoon.
but trust me, as you said its the heat wave that gets you and makes black impossible to bear when you are standing in the jam or redlight with sun shining bright thus making white the perfect color for daily use.
Old 13th April 2015, 10:47   #2248
BHPian

I am looking to buy a perforated full suit for the track at a budget of under 40k. Any recommendations for a local purchase in Mumbai? I tried the agvsport bullet size 40 and it fits perfectly, but unfortunately that was a sold piece and they dont have more in my size. I will be at Kari motor speedway for my third stint with Apex racing academy, this time for the L2 course.
Old 13th April 2015, 11:32   #2249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
I am looking to buy a perforated full suit for the track at a budget of under 40k. Any recommendations for a local purchase in Mumbai? I tried the agvsport bullet size 40 and it fits perfectly, but unfortunately that was a sold piece and they dont have more in my size. I will be at Kari motor speedway for my third stint with Apex racing academy, this time for the L2 course.
The only suit in that budget would be the Agvsport, You can also try DSG if they have suits in your size. IXON is there but you would have to stretch the budget a bit.

As far as i recall, only BIC does not allow any riding without a one piece suit. Madras track there were riders in non leather pants and jackets. So please check with the track..
Old 13th April 2015, 12:35   #2250
BHPian

Quote:
The only suit in that budget would be the Agvsport, You can also try DSG if they have suits in your size. IXON is there but you would have to stretch the budget a bit.

As far as i recall, only BIC does not allow any riding without a one piece suit. Madras track there were riders in non leather pants and jackets. So please check with the track..
Hey, Ive been to Kari twice in the past and there is no restriction of only a Leather Suit. However, i would prefer to be in leathers myself (as there is no better known protection level), even more so this time as i will have my RC390 (and not the rented R15's like the last 2 times) and i haven't ventured a race track with this kind of power.

Also, i have spoken to Apex guys about renting a suit of my size for the weekend and that will be taken care off but i need to once and for all make the investment.

There are other suits in the bracket of under 40k namely DSG and Cortech. Dont have any leads on Cortech and DSG is kind of made to order so they dont have one in my size.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks