Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2015, 16:53   #2386
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
They only have knee protectors, I suppose. This makes them better than costly denims, was my perception!

Cheers,
I take my words back. I did not find the knee protector bit in another link that I opened (the blue denims). Plus these are "SasTec" protectors, very comfy, protective and low profile. Looks good

I still wish they came with Kevlar though. On the plus side, one would not sweat as much in these

Worth a look for sure
Old 1st June 2015, 23:03   #2387
BHPian

sharing a low cost, high quality discovery

A month back or so, I'd ordered these from Amazon.in for INR1.8K, just on a whim, since I fancied their looks:
ID Men's Charcoal Leather Boots
The Riding Gear thread-81hhbsn7lel._ul1500_.jpg

Now I have a bit of a thing for sneaker style riding boots and have tried everything from Joe Rocket, Alpinestar, Dainese and TCX and even Diesel and Converse in this genre over the years.

After riding for nearly 100 Kms in these, all I can say is that there is very little to separate the ID from popular imported riding gear brands CE rated sneakers costing 5-8 times more!

Only a stiff CE certified ankle protection & water proofing is missing, otherwise the ID's are spot on - a stiff sole & toe box, genuine leather uppers, padded ankles. ID has accidentally created a riding beauty!

For INR 1.8K, these ankle sneaker boots at least offer quality construction, a good grip & some protection in the right places as opposed to random casual footwear. I would highly recommend these as a stop gap till one gets hold of pricier but proper riding shoes. But, as always, YMMV.
Old 4th June 2015, 12:42   #2388
Senior - BHPian

I was always in look for a shoe which will offer better protection than usual executive shoes, but will gel with the company dress code (Dark pants, Light color shirts and Tie) and my search was futile till I stumbled on this beauty - Cat Men's Carsen Mid Black Boat Shoes. Got them from Amazon.in for 1.6K and after wearing them for a week, I am happy to say that I have actually found what I was looking for.

The Riding Gear thread-41t0j2g1ukl._sx395_.jpg
Pic courtesy: Amazon

They obliviously do not offer as much protecting as a proper riding boot, but have leather Uppers, reinforced stiff toe box, stiff heel box, a lightly padded covering till ankle length and anti slip tough soles. Have been wearing them for 10 to 12 hours a day and they are comfortable to wear - no sweating or reddening \ chaffing of feet.

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 4th June 2015 at 12:43.
Old 4th June 2015, 13:44   #2389
Senior - BHPian

Have anyone used Forclaz 500/600 shoes for riding? I really liked those shoes and was wondering if I should buy those. I've been using their Alpanez shoes and I really like them, pretty comfortable and kind of water-proof too. [ I don't want to go for the riding boots as it would be difficult to wear them in situations other than riding. ]

Another question, where can I get the CE rated back protectors? I bought the Cramster Breezer 4S as suggested but that comes with a foam back protector only. After buying the jacket I checked Rynox Tornado jackets online and they also seem to come in big sizes and they come with CE rated back protectors too. Wish I had checked them out before pulling the trigger.
Old 5th June 2015, 10:40   #2390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust_Harl View Post
I am searching for a suitable protective gear for my son who is 6 years old and not able to find anything good here in Bangalore.
Go onto the Revzilla site, then to FOX pee wee collection and look for youth size. The full suit and full length shoes from MotoG. New helmet from Revzilla again.
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-img20150604wa0061.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-img20150604wa0060.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-img20150604wa0062.jpg  

speedy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 22:42   #2391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Have anyone used Forclaz 500/600 shoes for riding? I really liked those shoes and was wondering if I should buy those.
I use similar shoes like Forclaz, a brand called Lomer. They are tough hardcore trekking shoes which are waterproof till ankles. Have used them while trekking in rains and they lived upto their mark. Would test them this time while riding. Though not steel ankles but Lomer have extra toughened ankled area for protection against falling rocks while hiking. You can try these, with recent price hike they cost about 6k I think.
Dodge_Viper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 23:39   #2392
BHPian

If you are looking for Forclaz, do try IndiaLetsPlay.com . I have ordered quite a few times and the prices are the best in my experience !
Sojogator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 16:07   #2393
BHPian

Anyone has any experience with the Zeusgear coolmax balaclava ? Or http://www.outdoortravelgear.com/pro...headwear/black ?

Or is there a better option available for our weather ? Wouldn't want to spend more than a grand or two at most.
Old 8th June 2015, 17:16   #2394
BHPian

Have a look at the Spartan Balaclava , I have been using them for a year now , quite good , only Rs 350 u can get a pair and rotate it too .
slalom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 17:19   #2395
BHPian

Since the rains are around the corner i got the Royal Enfield boot covers. Got it for 800 Rs + shipping from the RE shopping store. Fits very nicely over my A-Star SMX6 boots. Have not tried in the rains yet.
the VTEC guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 18:28   #2396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
Anyone has any experience with the Zeusgear coolmax balaclava ? Or http://www.outdoortravelgear.com/pro...headwear/black ?

Or is there a better option available for our weather ? Wouldn't want to spend more than a grand or two at most.
It does its job well. I have it since a year and has held up well till now. Only downside to this is the mesh net which wraps around your nose. These tend to get loose over a period of time and sags down the mouth.

And easily gets dislodged while you wear your helmet over it if it is a snug fit.

Colleagues from my circle say Cramster is a VFM product @INR200. Do check it out too.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 18:56   #2397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalom View Post
Have a look at the Spartan Balaclava...
Looks good and 300 bucks too with a pollution filter of some sort. Good help. Much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
Since the rains are around the corner i got the Royal Enfield boot covers. ..
Absolute necessary piece of accessory for us 12 month riders I feel. I got myself one from Decathlon, Shoe Cover 300, for 750 from IndiaLetsPlay. These don't have soles though. Feels and looks darn well made and passed the bucket test with flying colors. They are only ankle length and that is what I preferred since I will anyway have a WP pants overlapping them and rain covers do make things stuffy unless they are of the breathable type. Do review them once you have used them. The soles look pretty good too.

I have a doubt though. Would the top of the cover hold the abuse of gear lever ? I got myself a shoe protector for this reason. Not sure of shifter socks would have been a better idea !

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
And easily gets dislodged while you wear your helmet over it if it is a snug fit.

Colleagues from my circle say Cramster is a VFM product @INR200. Do check it out too.
Oops. That seems quite a gripe, for the price, to have, within an year.
Will take a look at the cramster one for sure. Thanks again !
Old 9th June 2015, 14:38   #2398
BHPian

What are the options to keep hands bit dry during rains? My Rynox Kombat gloves which have ventilation holes will definitely allow water to seep in. Any inner layers or how about surgical gloves?
Old 9th June 2015, 15:19   #2399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
What are the options to keep hands bit dry during rains? My Rynox Kombat gloves which have ventilation holes will definitely allow water to seep in. Any inner layers or how about surgical gloves?
How about some motorcycle rain over gloves? They are specifically designed for this purpose - oversized and made of some non slippery silicone rubber material. Typically shouldn't cost more than a couple of 100 bucks. I had a few el-cheapo Made in China ones but these days they are not seeing much use.
Old 9th June 2015, 15:23   #2400
BHPian

Where do I get them?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks