Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2015, 16:37   #2461
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

I have placed an order with Bay City Speed Shop, Mumbai for a pair of RST Raptor II CE WP Boots, size 48. The boots will arrive sometime in Mumbai by July 3rd or 4th week.

I will post pics and share the price details once I receive it !
Old 3rd July 2015, 16:52   #2462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I have placed an order with Bay City Speed Shop, Mumbai
That is also the place for all EVOTECH parts of your bikes. The guy is nice and it's was good dealing with them.
Old 4th July 2015, 19:00   #2463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
you are doing it all wrong bud. Wearing these guards over your pants is an absolute no no. These guards do not have a strap for the knee cup and therefore cannot conform to the bend of your knee while on the bike. In case of a get off; you will at best have some shin protection but your knee will be completely exposed

I wear similar guards for my daily commute - Thor Sector. Same principal applies. I beliieve the Quadrant is actually a slimmer design than the Sector so as to fit undernearh street gear or at least a standard pair of jeans

Again; cannot say this enough .... Stop wearing these over your pants. It'll do you no good
No matter how many times you say it, I can't wear my Quadrants under my pants - they just don't fit! I normally wear a loose rain pant over pants and protectors to keep my good pants from getting dirty and also to conceal the Quadrants from stares. In any case, it's better to wear it they way I do than not at all. This is why practicality and ease of use is important.

My Quadrants have actually saved my knees once in a low speed fall/tumble. I was wearing my full gear (Joe Rocket jacket, helmet, DSG leather gloves, Quadrants and safety boots) and I escaped with just bruises and minor friction burn from the jacket.

I did look at the Knox Flex Lite knee protectors. But I found some mixed reviews on fit and quality so I'm not sure about it. Does anybody here have personal experience with these?
Old 4th July 2015, 19:39   #2464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
Does anybody here have personal experience with these?
I use a Knox Armour jacket which is very well put together and a godsend in Delhi summers.

For inner wear knee protection I use the Dainese Easy Fits which are similar (but pricier) to the Knox and same CE approval levels. The current set is more than a year old and they are so light and comfortable that I can wear them under my trousers or jeans all day long without any discomfort or rashes. Many a times I wear them under formal work trousers all day long without anyone noticing a thing.
The Riding Gear thread-daineseeasyfitkneeprotektor.jpg

I also have a cheaper but equally comfortable inner knee wear from Aliexpress which are equally comfortable and have same CE level of protection.
The Riding Gear thread-freeshippingjapanstopbrandsduhanstealthcemotokneeguardswearcomfortablewithinthe.jpg
outofthebox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 16:47   #2465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Just a quick update on my latest purchase. The Speed and Strength Under the Radar mesh jacket.

Ordered it on Amazon.com, as they had a special for 3 day global shipping at the same price as regular International shipping.

Cost $116 plus shipping. Landed cost, including duties was ₹10k. The reason for choosing this jacket was:
Saw the S & S at MotoGear, a new store in Chennai. 14.4K sounded too expensive for something selling around the $140 mark in the US. The back protector is solid, assume its CE level 1. Most other mesh jackets only have foam piece.
Old 7th July 2015, 17:18   #2466
Senior - BHPian

Quick update: Dainese Piston gloves (rain review)

Was caught in a major downpour last night. The gloves got totally soaked, but my hands were surprisingly dry. These are not waterproof gloves BTW

However; I found my hands covered in what looked like black paint. Just like the day after holi. After an hour of scrubbing, my hands are somewhat clean

I understand that its not a waterproof glove and I would have been OK if my hands would have been wet. Whats with the colour leaking? That too from a Dainese? Did not expect that; not cool!!
Old 7th July 2015, 17:23   #2467
BHPian

I think, comparing prices in the US and India, the best jacket one can get is one of the Rev'it jackets from highnoteperformance. They sell the Airwaves for 15000 which retail at around $220 in revzilla.
Old 7th July 2015, 17:29   #2468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Whats with the colour leaking? That too from a Dainese? Did not expect that; not cool!!
A friend has experienced the same with Cramster gloves. It took him a couple of weeks to get rid of the black color completely. That was the color from the inner liner when it got wet (I guess). But that was Cramster, surprised with that happening in a Dainese!
man_of_steel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 17:55   #2469
BHPian

It will happen with anything leather. Dainese or Bootwalah's leather. Even my Scorpion with Kangaroo palms does that. The leather is dyed and if you expose them to water and rub with anything it will get the dye off to a certain extent. It will not fade though. That is why we have water proof gloves
Old 7th July 2015, 17:59   #2470
Senior - BHPian

Never faced it on my INR 2500/- DSG full leather gloves though!!
Old 7th July 2015, 18:17   #2471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Never faced it on my INR 2500/- DSG full leather gloves though!!
Is the inner liner leather too or does it have something in between your skin and the leather ?

Like my Scorpions leave color from the outside only. Insides are fine. Realised this when I gripped the throttle with bare hands after a wet run and the palm went black
Old 7th July 2015, 19:23   #2472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
I think, comparing prices in the US and India, the best jacket one can get is one of the Rev'it jackets from highnoteperformance. They sell the Airwaves for 15000 which retail at around $220 in revzilla.
Actually prices seem to be very closely matched and even on boots. Sizing is only concern.
Old 7th July 2015, 21:45   #2473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
Is the inner liner leather too or does it have something in between your skin and the leather ?
There is a thin porous layer of material lining the interiors. It is not waterproof.
Old 9th July 2015, 13:25   #2474
BHPian

The Riding Gear thread

After long though process and long wait, finally I purchased JCB safety shoes for riding.
Did 200 km off-road ride on this and feeling good. This comes with all the basic safety features like metal toe cap, side padding etc. surprisingly it is light weight compared to Army shoes or Woodland one.

The only drawback is I am still getting used to it as so far I was riding on sport shoes or formal office shoes ( don't laugh)

Overall I am happy for this buy, my friend is using same shoes for 3/4 years now in all season and everywhere from Jeep off-roading, bike riding and office.

The Riding Gear thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436428335.214536.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436428356.696681.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436428375.632203.jpg

Last edited by Thar4x4 : 9th July 2015 at 13:27.
Old 12th July 2015, 21:05   #2475
BHPian

Hey guys!

I'll be riding down to Bangalore tomorrow to buy some riding gear. I need to buy a good pair of gloves and knee guard. Could Bangalore riders please suggest me which is the shop I need to be looking for to get some nice gears?

Also, please suggest which one to go for?
Knee guard Budget around 1.5 - 3k and gloves the same too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks