Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2015, 19:40   #2566
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Fellas, can someone kindly guide me to an online portal where I can buy a helmet skull cap?

I've been looking for one since ages but no local shop seems to have it and nor have I found it on any online shopping portal.

Cheers.
Old 6th September 2015, 20:12   #2567
BHPian

Here is one ... I also find the Nike Dri Fit combat skull caps very effective - should be available in any Nike outlet. Decathlon also had some house brand ones a while back.

Huntsman Era Helmet Liner Solid Skull Cap
http://www.flipkart.com/huntsman-era...r=pp_cap_color
outofthebox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 10:35   #2568
BHPian

Can anyone suggest good riding gear shops in Mumbai, preferably around Chembur area. Need to buy a decent mesh jacket, glows and a DOT certified helmet.
Old 11th September 2015, 22:40   #2569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelemail View Post
Can anyone suggest good riding gear shops in Mumbai, preferably around Chembur area. Need to buy a decent mesh jacket, glows and a DOT certified helmet.

Planet DSG Juhu area.

JV Promoto BKC area.
Happysmiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 12:13   #2570
Senior - BHPian

Guys, need advise. I have a LS2 jacket whose back protector (piece of thick foam) is a bit worn out ( almost halved in thickness). Where can I get a good insert for the same? I tried online, but the only places I saw was in UK and US. DSG Evo jacket mentions upgradable back protector, but couldn't find it online.

I don't mind visiting shops , but they should have stock of it since traveling from Navi Mumbai might get a bit tedious if I have to make multiple trips.
Old 14th September 2015, 16:54   #2571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
I was on the lookout for an entry-level jacket and gloves a couple of weeks ago. Checked out offerings from LS2, Spartan and DSG. Ended up buying DSG Evo jacket and DSG Moto Mesh gloves from the brand store in Juhu. The jacket is comfortable and the build quality is good for the price (5k). The gloves lack a bit in terms of quality but again decent for the price (1k). Used the jacket with the rain liner and happy to report that it worked perfectly. The T-Shirt remained completely dry. The gloves also dry up pretty fast once you ride in no rains.

Overall, happy with the purchase and can recommend these products to anyone on the lookout for basic gear.
I exactly did what was recommended by you. Tried negotiating for discount and failed.
The jacket was very comfortable and the rain liner did it's job perfectly. Not even a drop of water entered. Even the outer pockets are rain protective. Held the mobile tight, without a single drop of rain even in the heavy downpour last saturday.
Old 14th September 2015, 17:37   #2572
BHPian

Quote:
Try Moto101, Bandra, they have everything you are looking for. OTG is also closeby, so is Garage 52. AH Helmets is there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Guys, need advise. I have a LS2 jacket whose back protector (piece of thick foam) is a bit worn out ( almost halved in thickness). Where can I get a good insert for the same? I tried online, but the only places I saw was in UK and US. DSG Evo jacket mentions upgradable back protector, but couldn't find it online.
I think it'll be quite hard to source one. You could pick up the Alpinestars one, but doubt it'll fit in an LS2.
RiderZone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 15:43   #2573
BHPian

Rynox Deal from Outdoor Travel Gear (Mumbai, Thane & Goa)

Hi Guyz - Got this mailer from OTG as they are running a promotion on Rynox gear, in case someone is planning to buy jacket, gloves or saddle bags.

Quote:
@ Neel: You can give these guys a visit, may be you would be able to find something of your interest & take advantage of the deal as well.

I have no affiliation with OTG or any personal interest, sharing as received for the benefit of our fellow members.

The Riding Gear thread-rynox.jpg

Also, I had purchased Rynox gloves (pics attached) last year (May'14) before my Ladakh ride from OTG which have been serving well so far. No complaints or quality issues regarding the product.

Cost: Don't remember exactly, paid somewhere close to 2.7K then. (Was a gift from wifey for the trip )

Gloves Type: Semi Gauntlet (As needed it to withstand the chill in hills).

Why Rynox: My palm size is 2XL and these were the only one which were budget & comfort friendly. Rest were either ill fitting or too expensive.

Other Options Considered: Cramster (Quality wasn't up to the mark), Joe Rocket (out side my preset budget for such gloves). Few other brands were considered, however didn't get my size in those.

The Riding Gear thread-img_20140525_145840.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-img_20140525_145932.jpg

Last edited by mantrig : 16th September 2015 at 15:48. Reason: Forgot to quote
mantrig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 16:01   #2574
BHPian

Didn't find any relevant thread so I'm just posting this here

It's slightly off topic but it puts across the importance of riding gear and also the rider clearly saves his girlfriend from on-coming traffic.. Insane presence of mind I'd say..!

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...Dwr2EkB6dagz7m
Old 16th September 2015, 21:56   #2575
BHPian

Re: Rynox Deal from Outdoor Travel Gear (Mumbai, Thane & Goa)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
@ Neel: You can give these guys a visit, may be you would be able to find something of your interest & take advantage of the deal as well.
Thanks mate. I bought DSG EVO jacket and a pair of basic gloves last Saturday. Fitted well within by budget and seems to be of decent quality, except for the back protection.

Thanks once again for the suggestion.
Old 16th September 2015, 23:57   #2576
BHPian

Guys i would like to know what backpacks do you guys use while riding, I would like something compact and which can be used to carry a change of clothes as well when going to the club for swimming.
Old 17th September 2015, 01:02   #2577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpcard View Post
Guys i would like to know what backpacks do you guys use while riding, I would like something compact and which can be used to carry a change of clothes as well when going to the club for swimming.
I use a laptop backpack. Most of the good ones are typically waterproof or water resistant and can keep my laptop safe in case of rains that aren't very heavy. You just have to tighten up the backpack till it sits flat on your back, and you won't be too bothered about what's on your back.
Shanenanigans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 07:26   #2578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanenanigans View Post
I use a laptop backpack. Most of the good ones are typically waterproof or water resistant and can keep my laptop safe in case of rains that aren't very heavy. You just have to tighten up the backpack till it sits flat on your back, and you won't be too bothered about what's on your back.
I have seen a triumph rider in and around my locality with a backpack which seems to have an outershell I guess for impact protection and it looks very smart as well, any idea if these are available in India and what brands to look out for! I checked a few of these bags on amazon.com but they costed upwards of 20k in most cases.
Old 20th September 2015, 05:49   #2579
BHPian

I picked up some Rynox gloves for my Bhutan ride. By the time I'd reached Nashik, I wanted to toss them out. The leather peeled off, the dye came off on my hands and there were some weird pains in my index finger.

Tried to upload a photo but bhopal does my seem like my phone and 3g keeps coming and going.
Old 26th September 2015, 23:31   #2580
BHPian

Hi folks,
Looking to buy TCX RS2-EVO riding boots. I looked at HighPerformanceNote website and it is listed at Rs.26,500. But the same boots costs $430 in Revzilla. The price listed in High Performance Note site is actually less than Revzilla price. Does this site sell original TCX boots. Found from the website that it is near Andheria Modh station in Delhi. Can some Delhi folks who has bought from/know about this shop let me know if the goods are genuine TCX. Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks