Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2016, 10:47   #2851
BHPian

Hi team,
I stay in Chennai and I ride a scooter to work. I want to buy a riding jacket which can be comfortable for a commuter like me.
Last week I went to Spartan Progear to buy a helmet and ended up buying MT Blade (had planned for the Kranos) . At the same time tried out the Aspida Helois jacket. Though it's good I feel it's too bulky for my daily ride to office (also not able to store under seat) which is about 15 kms one way.
Could you suggest a light weight jacket which has foam padding, easy to wear, breathable, and carry to office?
Thanks in advance.
Old 28th July 2016, 18:40   #2852
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rynox Advento - Initial impressions and quick review

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
I have been using a pair of Cramster riding pants for the last 9 years (including more than 3 years of daily use) and the heavy use at last took its toll and I was in market searching for a replacement.
Nice review. I bought the same pants (L size) online in Feb. I found the waist tight, though it was fine as per the size chart and consultation with the Rynox executive over phone. The length is slightly short, which was mostly expected as I am 6' 2" tall. I am yet to use it as I was out of station since March and just came back home.

The pant seems to be of good quality and love the adjustable knee guard and protection. Seems to be a good buy, can only confirm once I use it for sometime.

The good news: I lost more than 10 kgs during this time and now the waist is perfect fit for me.
PatienceWins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 10:25   #2853
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Hi team,
I stay in Chennai and I ride a scooter to work. I want to buy a riding jacket which can be comfortable for a commuter like me.
Last week I went to Spartan Progear to buy a helmet and ended up buying MT Blade (had planned for the Kranos) . At the same time tried out the Aspida Helois jacket. Though it's good I feel it's too bulky for my daily ride to office (also not able to store under seat) which is about 15 kms one way.
Could you suggest a light weight jacket which has foam padding, easy to wear, breathable, and carry to office?
Mate for your requirement a mesh riding jacket will be the best. Remember that the armour and the jacket itself adds to the weight and most jackets are somewhat heavy but still lighter than leather jackets. If you like Spartan Jackets then you can look at Scimitar Solus or Aspida Atlas jacket. They both are mesh jackets, have adequate armour, are light weight and ideal for commuting. I use a DSG EVO mesh jacket for short rides but can't recommend them to you as they are a bit heavy.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 11:49   #2854
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys :

My 2.5 year old Spartan gloves are coming to an end. There is a small hole that erupted in the left forefinger of the glove a week ago. Even though it does not hamper my riding, I think it's time to move on

This pair (image below sourced from web and not exactly same. Mine has white color on upper portion and has mesh for better breathing) was extremely comfortable and loved my time with them

Easiest thing is to go get the same pair yet again. If I recall correctly bought them for 2.4K

But, would love to hear from experts on what's trending now and your recommendation for a short cuff glove (dont like those long cuff ones)

Color preference is black & green for obvious reasons

TIA !!!
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-pegasus_gloves_1024x1024.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th August 2016 at 11:52.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 18:10   #2855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
your recommendation for a short cuff glove (dont like those long cuff ones!
In case you are willing to let go of the colour aspect, check out the Royal Enfield short cuff glove options. I recently picked up their water proof glove, and the quality is quite at par for the price. Otherwise, Alpinestars has some good options, albeit at a higher price range. Beware of fakes when buying Alpinestars though.
anilp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 20:02   #2856
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Color preference is black & green for obvious reasons
IMHO, the best short cuff summer glove in the market today is this:

http://store.royalenfield.com/collec...r-gloves-black

Its basically the Rev it Sand pro glove with RE badging. The fit and comfort of this glove has to be experienced to believe it. Review of the Sand Pro:

If color matching is high on priority, check these out:

http://www.planetdsg.com/alpinestars...en-p-1741.html

Be careful when buying Alpinestars with regards to sizing though. I typically wear a size L in most gloves, but am an XL in A-stars

Hope this helps
Urban_Nomad is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 14:46   #2857
BHPian

Gloves Query - Full gautlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
IMHO, the best short cuff summer glove in the market today is this............................Hope this helps
Folks ,

What would be a set of good glove for winters? I'm thinking of a full gauntlet, for extended riding, mostly in the hills of Uttarakhand. Does anyone have any experience with RE Gloves - their prices are comparable to some of the established names in the field.

Cheers !
Old 5th August 2016, 15:09   #2858
Senior - BHPian

Re: Gloves Query - Full gautlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
Folks ,

What would be a set of good glove for winters? !
You haven't mentioned budget. For around 6k, you can get the alpinestars dry star apex gloves. Gets mostly positive reviews.

Spartan too makes a waterproof glove for the winters called Poseidon. It's for around 2500 IIRC

RE - not too sure. Mostly because the company itself claims that the gloves are water resistant and not fully waterproof

One glove that you absolutely need to stay away from is the cramster tundra. Horrible horrible glove. The inner liner bunches up all the time and is a pain, you lose all feel for your hand controls. Now this would be kind of acceptable if the glove did what it was supposed to - that is keep your hands dry and cozy in rains or winters. But this thing is hot in summers, cold in winters and wetter than a cotton t shirt in rains. Even the protection offered is just an afterthought

Hope this helps. All the best
Urban_Nomad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 17:28   #2859
BHPian

Quote:
I'm thinking of a full gauntlet, for extended riding, mostly in the hills of Uttarakhand. Does anyone have any experience with RE Gloves - their prices are comparable to some of the established names in the field.
I've been using the long cuff water resistant RE glove for nearly two months in Bombay's monsoons now. It's stood up well so far, even on long rainy day rides at highway speeds. This one,

http://store.royalenfield.com/collec...er-glove-black

It does keep your hand warm in the rains, but I'm not sure if this will be sufficient for Uttarakhand's cold weather. At 3700, this is a great buy though.

Frankly, I was surprised that Royal Enfield gear was so good, hahaha. I'm an ex-Bullet owner, and didn't have high expectations from anything with the Enfield branding. This was a revelation.

Last edited by anilp : 5th August 2016 at 17:29.
anilp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 11:39   #2860
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilp View Post
In case you are willing to let go of the colour aspect, check out the Royal Enfield short cuff glove options. I recently picked up their water proof glove, and the quality is quite at par for the price.
Can you share a picture of the gloves that you bought and price of same?

Quote:
Its basically the Rev it Sand pro glove with RE badging. The fit and comfort of this glove has to be experienced to believe it. Review of the Sand Pro:
Thanks Karan! Looks really awesome with that spread out protection of knobby things.

Anilp : Is this the one you bought?
Old 6th August 2016, 11:49   #2861
BHPian

Quote:
Folks ,

What would be a set of good glove for winters? I'm thinking of a full gauntlet, for extended riding, mostly in the hills of Uttarakhand. Does anyone have any experience with RE Gloves - their prices are comparable to some of the established names in the field.

Cheers !
Hi, there's a thermal gauntlet by Alpinestars ranging near Rs 6000/-. U can check that. It is really good and effective.

Guys any idea on how the performance of DSG one piece suit is? And is it recommendable?

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th August 2016 at 12:39. Reason: Merging
Old 6th August 2016, 16:33   #2862
BHPian

Quote:

Anilp : Is this the one you bought?
It's this one in the quoted text. I wanted the RevIT one, but it wasn't available in my size when I'd gone to check it out.

Quote:
I've been using the long cuff water resistant RE glove for nearly two months in Bombay's monsoons now. It's stood up well so far, even on long rainy day rides at highway speeds. This one,

It does keep your hand warm in the rains, but I'm not sure if this will be sufficient for Uttarakhand's cold weather. At 3700, this is a great buy though. .
anilp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 19:01   #2863
BHPian

Quote:
You haven't mentioned budget. For around 6k, you can get the alpinestars dry star apex gloves. Gets mostly positive reviews.

Spartan too makes a waterproof glove for the winters called Poseidon. It's for around 2500 IIRC

RE - not too sure. Mostly because the company itself claims that the gloves are water resistant and not fully waterproof...

Hope this helps. All the best
Quote:

It does keep your hand warm in the rains, but I'm not sure if this will be sufficient for Uttarakhand's cold weather. At 3700, this is a great buy though.

Frankly, I was surprised that Royal Enfield gear was so good, hahaha. I'm an ex-Bullet owner, and didn't have high expectations from anything with the Enfield branding. This was a revelation.
Thanks guys !
Will check out these - heading to the Mecca of (almost) all things automotive , Karol Bagh tomorrow
Old 6th August 2016, 22:49   #2864
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It's this one in the quoted text. I wanted the RevIT one, but it wasn't available in my size when I'd gone to check it out.
This looks like a full leather one. Sorry, I dont prefer full leather

What I'm looking at is a meshed gloved. More the mesh, better it is!
Old 7th August 2016, 11:05   #2865
BHPian

Quote:
This looks like a full leather one. Sorry, I dont prefer full leather

What I'm looking at is a meshed gloved. More the mesh, better it is!
Not really. It's fabric and leather mix. Not mesh though. Check out the RevIT or Alpinestars. The latter has some good mesh options in the 5-7k range.
anilp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks