Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2016, 13:27   #2896
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

My Spartan gloves served me really well and I enjoyed wearing (rather owning) them over 2.5 years now

However, recently left glove near forefinger the cloth got torn. Otherwise rest of the glove is still solid and intact. I thought of replacing it with a new one

Couldnt find any Black and Green Combo to my liking

Visited Bikeopedia store run by a fellow bullet rider (Teja) and picked up this glove (Passion Solace). I was pleasantly surprised to know that Solace is the erstwhile SPARTAN

I actually liked a full leather Aspida Gloves (with wee bit of ventilation) that was priced at 2.2K but, I picked up these because they felt more comfortable, roomier and has more cloth than leather (not a big fan of leather)

Priced at INR 1600

At the outset, they feel extremely comfortable. Yet to ride in them so will post a feedback after some more time
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-img_1101.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-fullsizerender-1.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-fullsizerender-2.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 7th October 2016 at 10:28.
mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 13:49   #2897
CGB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
CGB : Here is the link of my yellow jacket...I'm a bright color fanboy

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3460419
Thanks for the link, Avi. Indeed shakthimaan jacket it is

Quote:
Priced at INR 1600
At the outset, they feel extremely comfortable. Yet to ride in them so will post a feedback after some more time
Just looking for something like this for city runabouts. Please do share the reviews.
Old 6th October 2016, 14:05   #2898
BHPian

Quote:
My Spartan gloves served me really well and I enjoyed wearing (rather owning) them over 2.5 years now

However, recently left glove near forefinger the cloth got torn. Otherwise rest of the glove is still solid and intact. I thought of replacing it with a new one
What a co-incidence. My Spartan gloves too got torn near the left fore finger recently after about 2.5 years of use. Only difference, in my case it is a full leather glove (Ares)

Quote:
I was pleasantly surprised to know that Solace is the erstwhile SPARTAN
AFAIK, Solace is not related to Spartan. Solace is based in Bengaluru. Aspida is erstwhile Spartan and is based in Chennai

Last edited by theredliner : 6th October 2016 at 14:06.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 10:27   #2899
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
What a co-incidence. My Spartan gloves too got torn near the left fore finger recently after about 2.5 years of use. Only difference, in my case it is a full leather glove (Ares)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
AFAIK, Solace is not related to Spartan. Solace is based in Bengaluru. Aspida is erstwhile Spartan and is based in Chennai
My bad! I meant Aspida but, said Solace. Leather glove priced at 2.2K that I liked was from Aspida which is as you rightly said is erstwhile Spartan
Old 7th October 2016, 11:09   #2900
Senior - BHPian

I've been using the Spartan (now Aspida) Ares for about 3 years now, before that I was using the Cramster TRG2 for 4 years (changed once bought the TRG2 again) and before that I was using the Cramster TRG1 for a year before I lost it to a crash. And before that I was using PlanetDSG model which is no longer in the market.

All of them have had the finger seam either torn off or break off over a period of use. I typically use the full gauntlet gloves even in city so the usage is pretty high.

That said the Spartan one outlasted all of the others before it started to tear. The cheap man's way i.e. me was to just get these tears stitched back at a cobbler and the gloves would then hold for another couple of months.

My Ares is on the death bed now, and I guess in the budget market that is the only good option now.

Any other options exceeding Spartan's quality (of course at a similar price point) ?
praful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 11:37   #2901
BHPian

Posting a link to my short review of my MT Revenge, Rynox Nomad and BMW 2-in-1 Gloves. Detailed review will follow after extended usage.

Last edited by Roomy : 7th October 2016 at 11:47.
Old 8th October 2016, 00:01   #2902
BHPian

I'm planning to buy a riding jacket. So need some guidance from our experienced riders. I'm on a tight budget. My budget is around 5k. I'm searching fo a decent quality mesh jacket.
Old 9th October 2016, 00:49   #2903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
I've been using the Spartan (now Aspida) Ares for about 3 years now, before that I was using the Cramster TRG2 for 4 years (changed once bought the TRG2 again) and before that I was using the Cramster TRG1 for a year before I lost it to a crash. And before that I was using PlanetDSG model which is no longer in the market.

All of them have had the finger seam either torn off or break off over a period of use. I typically use the full gauntlet gloves even in city so the usage is pretty high.

That said the Spartan one outlasted all of the others before it started to tear. The cheap man's way i.e. me was to just get these tears stitched back at a cobbler and the gloves would then hold for another couple of months.

My Ares is on the death bed now, and I guess in the budget market that is the only good option now.

Any other options exceeding Spartan's quality (of course at a similar price point) ?
Praful, try TBG Jacket as they come with CE Level 2 Armour.

https://www.facebook.com/thebreedgear/
Old 9th October 2016, 02:10   #2904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Praful, try TBG Jacket as they come with CE Level 2 Armour.

https://www.facebook.com/thebreedgear/
I am set with the jacket. I have a cortech mesh jacket which is holding up for a while.
Old 10th October 2016, 12:13   #2905
BHPian

Got Rynox inferno pro gloves for Rs 3105/- from outdoor travelgear. Will post the review soon.
Old 10th October 2016, 18:41   #2906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
My Ares were stolen and I was on the look out for better options. Tried out TBG which came highly recommended in this price range & the Solace (forget the name). The leather on both the gloves felt much rougher compared to the Ares. Even the inner lining in the Ares felt much much better. Ended up getting the Ares all over again. But the price has shot up compared to 2 years ago when I bought it. Still in this price range it is worth every penny for that soft feel yet durable leather and it held up for 2 years in my case without any stitch failing on it till it was stolen. You may check out a new semi gauntlet from Solace as well as Spartan/Aspida that is released if you want to go the semi way else I think in the full gauntlet arena the Ares still holds its own against competition.
Old 10th October 2016, 22:37   #2907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
I think in the full gauntlet arena the Ares still holds its own against competition.
Couldn't agree more. Especially the inner liner comfort and the fact that the liner outlast most of the others in this range.

I guess Ares it is for my next replacement. I should post a pic of the state of my gloves currently.
Old 19th October 2016, 21:57   #2908
BHPian

The Riding Gear thread

Ares is by far the best gloves I have used (among the ones i have owned). Got them on launch, and used them since for daily commutes, touring, rain, storm, hell, heaven and what not.

In between also used DSG, Cramster and AGV Sport gauntlets. None of them ever came close to the comfort of the inner lining of the Ares.
So much so, that my almost new AGV gloves are eating dust!
Old 21st October 2016, 15:26   #2909
BHPian

Hello Riders,

Saw this interesting riding pants from Bachoo motors, Mumbai. At 7k it's the cheapest pants with knee sliders!

http://www.bachoomotors.com/index.ph...duct&id_lang=1

Perfect for those track days with the sliders.
The Riding Gear thread-tarmac_nomad_2.jpg

Normal riding without the sliders.
The Riding Gear thread-tarmac_nomad_1.jpg

Note: I didn't buy them nor used them just found them online! Neither do I recommend anything less than leathers for track days.

Ride Safe
Old 7th November 2016, 19:14   #2910
BHPian

Quote:
Alright, it's raining jackets in my part of the world

Picked up another jacket from X-Element (actually its a gift).

I currently use an X-Element jacket which is very old one (people say i look like Shaktimaan in it) which comes with really awesome body armour all through including the back. Great airflow combined with super protection, this jacket just cannot go wrong

Wanted a high viz jacket so that people know a yellow blur is approaching fast..LOL!

Now please dont ask me the price...It's bound to shock a lot of people

Hello Avi Sir,

Did you buy this Jacket online ?
If so how much time did it take to reach you and kindly state website address.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks