Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2010, 12:50   #316
BHPian

long ride

hi guys ,
just back from a 1200km ride over 2 days, my gear held up superbly during this ride.

helmet - Joe rocket - stain series- zero whistling. the vents are placed beautifully and did not feel the heat on the highways.

jacket- custom made buffalo leather from swaraaj fashions , cool weather coated leather , felt very comfortable on the long hot ride. a bit heavy but then that is the price you pay for safety.

Pempas gloves - gave ample feel , though the early morning starts felt a bit chilly on the hands, not recomendded for cold weather riding.

will post pics soon.
Old 4th March 2010, 14:19   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurtazaGhiya View Post
Got a LS2 helmet, a pair of ProBiker gloves and FOX racing knee and elbow guards. Pics:
Hey Murtaza - If you dont mind, please can you share the damages for ProBiker Gloves & Fox racing knee & elbow gaurds?

I am going to a shop around my area who stocks these things, just dont wanna be cheated.
Old 4th March 2010, 14:37   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Hey Murtaza - If you dont mind, please can you share the damages for ProBiker Gloves & Fox racing knee & elbow gaurds?

I am going to a shop around my area who stocks these things, just dont wanna be cheated.
The Probiker gloves costed me 900 and the Fox knee/shin guards costed me 750(stock clearance sale).

Hope it helps.
Old 4th March 2010, 14:49   #319
BHPian

Quote:
The Probiker gloves costed me 900 and the Fox knee/shin guards costed me 750(stock clearance sale).

Hope it helps.

Thank you sir, I will be leaving now with my brother for the market. Will update you with what we have bought.
Old 4th March 2010, 23:37   #320
BHPian

Hello Murtaza - Thank you for your inputs today afternoon as it helped us crack a decent deal (Fox Standard Shin & Elbow gaurds + Pro-biker Gloves Full protection for Rs. 1500/-). After a lot of bakwaas he finally agreed to agree upon this amount.

Here are some pictures of the stuff we saw and prices as quoted by the dealer :-
  • Fox Standard Shin & Elbow gaurds - Rs. 850/-
  • Pro-biker Gloves Full protection - Rs. 900/-
  • Pro-biker Gloves Half protection - Rs. 650/-
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-dsc00686.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-dsc00687.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-dsc00688.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-dsc00690.jpg  

Old 5th March 2010, 07:14   #321
BHPian

Hi Mantrig / Murtaza, where in Mumbai did you get this stuff? I am going to Mumbai next week, so would be great help guys...
Old 5th March 2010, 12:07   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 View Post
Hi Mantrig / Murtaza, where in Mumbai did you get this stuff? I am going to Mumbai next week, so would be great help guys...
Yeah I'd like to know as well.
Old 5th March 2010, 12:27   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Hello Murtaza - Thank you for your inputs today afternoon as it helped us crack a decent deal (Fox Standard Shin & Elbow gaurds + Pro-biker Gloves Full protection for Rs. 1500/-). After a lot of bakwaas he finally agreed to agree upon this amount.

Here are some pictures of the stuff we saw and prices as quoted by the dealer :-
  • Fox Standard Shin & Elbow gaurds - Rs. 850/-
  • Pro-biker Gloves Full protection - Rs. 900/-
  • Pro-biker Gloves Half protection - Rs. 650/-
Great! You mean to say you got the full protection gloves and the knee guards for 1500!! The prices seem to be on par with the prices here in Pune.

Btw, did you also get elbow guards along with the knee guards? I mean there should be two pairs both for the elbow as well as the knee. Asking the question since there is only a pic of the knee guards and not the elbows.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Guys, I got them from Pune. Mantrig can help you guys find a place in Mumbai.
Old 5th March 2010, 16:25   #324
BHPian

Question:

If one buys something from one of the US websites how do duties and taxes work ? Do we get the order from UPS straigh to the address or is there anything else involved ? I am planing to buy some riding gear online.
Old 8th March 2010, 16:30   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Hello Rahul & Hiten - Sorry for not reverting back earlier as I was away for the weekend.

We picked these up from a shop at the Grant Road (Its the lane adjacent to Alibhai Premjis). You keep going down the lane and just before the lane ends on the right hand side you will come across a Vega Helmets ka dealer who stocks these things.

You can easily bargain atleast for a 10% discount. Not sure about the name of the shop but its a big helmet store right opposite to a fancy and performance accessories store.

PM me if you need to know more.

Quote:
Btw, did you also get elbow guards along with the knee guards? I mean there should be two pairs both for the elbow as well as the knee. Asking the question since there is only a pic of the knee guards and not the elbows.
Yes Murtaza - There is a pair of knee as well as as elbow gaurds. I have uploaded a pic with one of each (Elbow & Knee) gaurd to save the trouble of additional upload.

I'm too lazy.

Last edited by aah78 : 4th March 2015 at 02:03. Reason: Posts merged (old).
Old 8th March 2010, 22:46   #326
Senior - BHPian

I know I have asked this a million times by now, but please please bear with me and help me out.

My brother has a friend flying in from UK by the end of this month. He can get me a riding jacket, so I have been searching for deals in UK.
I have shortlisted these:
Akito Edge Textile Motorcycle Jacket

Gear Hyper Textile Motorcycle Jacket Waterproof

Spada Camo Textile Jacket (Green)

Weise Hawk Jacket - FREE UK DELIVERY

CYCLE SPIRIT 0207 Motorcycle Jacket Mens

Please advise regarding the best deal and if there are other websites that I should check out.

Thanking in anticipation Gurus!

Regards.
Old 9th March 2010, 14:17   #327
BHPian

Same question as above. Suggest a good textile jacket for Indian Summer. Currently shortlisted (buying from US - Budget 200$ Max)

Cortech GX Sport Series 2 Jacket

Cortech GX Air Series 2 Jacket

Shift Avenger (Not Air Avenger)
Old 9th March 2010, 15:11   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
I know I have asked this a million times by now, but please please bear with me and help me out.

My brother has a friend flying in from UK by the end of this month. He can get me a riding jacket, so I have been searching for deals in UK.
I have shortlisted these:
Akito Edge Textile Motorcycle Jacket

Gear Hyper Textile Motorcycle Jacket Waterproof

Spada Camo Textile Jacket (Green)

Weise Hawk Jacket - FREE UK DELIVERY

CYCLE SPIRIT 0207 Motorcycle Jacket Mens

Please advise regarding the best deal and if there are other websites that I should check out.

Thanking in anticipation Gurus!

Regards.
If you ask me, I would go for the Weise Hawk Jacket - FREE UK DELIVERY
This one has back, chest and elbow protectors which I believe none of the others have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
Same question as above. Suggest a good textile jacket for Indian Summer. Currently shortlisted (buying from US - Budget 200$ Max)

Cortech GX Sport Series 2 Jacket

Cortech GX Air Series 2 Jacket

Shift Avenger (Not Air Avenger)
My verdict would be Cortech GX Air Series 2 Jacket if you could extend you budget a little bit.

Last edited by MurtazaGhiya : 9th March 2010 at 15:18.
Old 9th March 2010, 17:50   #329
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhogalrajnish View Post
Question:

If one buys something from one of the US websites how do duties and taxes work ? Do we get the order from UPS straigh to the address or is there anything else involved ? I am planing to buy some riding gear online.
I suggest reading through the thread. There are atleast a few post suggesting detailed answers to your queries.

manson.
Old 9th March 2010, 18:46   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you ask me, I would go for the Weise Hawk Jacket - FREE UK DELIVERY
This one has back, chest and elbow protectors which I believe none of the others have.
Thanks a lot for your reply!

It doesn't have any reflective piping though. Is that a matter of concern. I guess the best looking of the lot is the Akito Edge.
Also, they haven't mentioned what grade of polyester (600D, 450D) is used in the shell. Now, I have no idea whether this is even important! :P

Please some more guidance!!

Most Viewed