Team-BHP > Team-BHP > Road Safety > Ride Safe

Old 3rd July 2019, 12:37   #3286
BHPian

Default Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet_chacha View Post
Guys.. Need replacement for riding jacket and helmet. Currently using DSG Triton. Requirements as below

Jacket:
*Budget : 10-12k. Currently stuck on Rynox stealth pro
*comfortable for long tours
*close enough to waterproof via internal or external liner
*removable thermal liner
*will be good if it has lots of pocket
*textile construction

Helmet
*budget: 5-6k
*silent
*removable liners
*preference to be given to the ones with flat chin models to better stick action cam mounts.

Comments/suggestions /options welcome
DSG Triton! Back in the day was the only Ladakh ready jacket as it was a full textile construction and was pretty popular in bullet groups due to its robust nature.

I think you mean to refer to the Rynox Stealth Evo V3 touring jacket. It has you covered all round. You should go for it
Highlights:
- Knox Level 2 armor for elbow & shoulder
- Level 2 back protector
- Chest protectors
- Removable Kidney belt for lower back support
- Internal thermal liner
- External rain liner
- Enough ventilation

For helmets please check the helmet thread (Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet)

MT Thunder3 SV should be a good option with 4 star sharp rating. In addition consider the lids from HJC brand mentioned in that thread.

Ride safe,
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2019, 11:51   #3287
BHPian

A rain gear for your bikes instrument cluster?

Came across this pic when I was reading about Nepal rains, was intrigued to find a rain coat that covered the whole handle bar of the bike, it even had holes for the side view mirror. A transparent visor for the headlights.

Take a look
The Riding Gear thread-raincoat.jpg

Source

I thought this was something unique, home made by that man in the picture, but a google search told me otherwise.

It is called a "Motorcycle raincoat", seems pretty popular in the south east asian region. Some google images.
Name:  1.PNG
Views: 214
Size:  331.3 KB Name:  2.PNG
Views: 216
Size:  402.0 KB
Spinnerr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2019, 10:57   #3288
Senior - BHPian

With the ongoing season sale, Royal Enfield has a couple of riding jackets available that are for around Rs 4,000. They come with CE protectors (slight difference in protection level between the two, I'll suggest going for the better one) and you can replace the back protector with a certified CE protector for not a lot of money.

At a price of around Rs 4,000, these jackets are absolute steal deals and are perfect for those who are looking for their first riding gear jacket that is light and easy to wear around the city.

Links - https://store.royalenfield.com/colle...g-jacket-black
and
https://store.royalenfield.com/colle...cket-navy-blue

P. S - I have used a Royal Enfield touring jacket for almost a year now and love the quality. I should put up a review on this thread soon, Ive been meaning to but havent got around to it. Many people get turned away from their gear because of the RE logo but the stuff is actually quite good.
neil.jericho is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2019, 06:33   #3289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
With the ongoing season sale, Royal Enfield has a couple of riding jackets available that are for around Rs 4,000. They come with CE protectors (slight difference in protection level between the two, I'll suggest going for the better one) and you can replace the back protector with a certified CE protector for not a lot of money.
Yesterday i was at the RE store and was checking out various jackets and the quality seemed good, for 4500₹ minus 20% discount coupon I got with my bike, I was getting a jacket with good level of protection. Even the knee guards seemed good for 1200 bucks.

Last edited by manson : 25th July 2019 at 14:11. Reason: Trimmed quote.
yesyeswe is offline   Reply With Quote