Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2022, 20:30   #4066
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Gear Aid Tenacious Tape – Reflective Pre-Cut Patch Kit. I recently bought this from bigbadbikes. I am not aware such a product exists in the market. Here are some photos. I have applied it on my Helmet, Jacket and bag. I think it is useful since all my gear, bike and bag are in black colour.

In the daylight, these stickers are muted and not vibrant. Only in the night, upon light reflection, they appear this bright.

However, the longevity of the product remains to be seen.

The Riding Gear thread-10897tenacioustapegearpatchessafetypkg01a.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-20220524_122057.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-20220524_200116.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-20220524_200134.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-20220524_200152.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-20220524_200316.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-20220524_200331.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-20220524_200359.jpg

I also bought a 3M standard reflective strip but I find it is a bit too loud

The Riding Gear thread-20220524_200223.jpg

Last edited by amvj : 24th May 2022 at 20:33.
amvj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 20:47   #4067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Gear Aid Tenacious Tape – Reflective Pre-Cut Patch Kit. I recently bought this from bigbadbikes. I am not aware such a product exists in the market. Here are some photos. I have applied it on my Helmet, Jacket and bag. I think it is useful since all my gear, bike and bag are in black colour.
This is really useful and just what I was looking for! Do you think it will stick on soft surfaces for long though? Also can you take pictures of the stickers without the flash and in normal light, want to see how they look.
Edit: nevermind, saw the first pic.
Doge is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 20:57   #4068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
This is really useful and just what I was looking for! Do you think it will stick on soft surfaces for long though? Also can you take pictures of the stickers without the flash and in normal light, want to see how they look.
Edit: nevermind, saw the first pic.
I pasted this on my regular wool jacket as well.

I don't know the longevity or durability of the product. Only recently I bought this.

The Riding Gear thread-20220524_205252.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-20220524_205307.jpg
amvj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 22:45   #4069
BHPian

Hi folks,

Need some advice on deciding riding boots

With the extended budget of 20k and hailing from Cochin, the following boots are short-listed
1. Falco Oxegen 3 boots
2. TCX SP-Master Boots Black
3. Royal Enfield TCX Stelvio (ADV boots)
4. TCX Hub WP Boots

I ride a CBR 650f and if it was not for the same I could have easily fixed on enfield boots for the protection and value for money it provides.
Tried and tested all four options. But got confused even more after trying out.

Usage Pattern: A track day wont be happening in the near future. Mostly it will be a one day ride, with occasional 2/3 day trips.

Glad if you could help me figure out the best option!
rt363 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 01:23   #4070
BHPian

Hey guys. Quick question.
I have a ride planned to Spiti in August this year and wanted some advice on the gear. I have a RE Nirvik jacket, Komine 3D riding pants and recently got my hands on the RE Stelvio calf length boots.
Do you guys think the Komine riding pants would be a good thing to wear for ride as its a mesh riding pant?

Another question I had is do I need winter/waterproof gloves like the RE Blizzard/Bikeratti Meridian, etc. or normal vented leather gloves would be ok?
rahulbhosle is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 05:53   #4071
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulbhosle View Post
Hey guys. Quick question.
I have a ride planned to Spiti in August this year and wanted some advice on the gear. I have a RE Nirvik jacket, Komine 3D riding pants and recently got my hands on the RE Stelvio calf length boots.
Do you guys think the Komine riding pants would be a good thing to wear for ride as its a mesh riding pant?

Another question I had is do I need winter/waterproof gloves like the RE Blizzard/Bikeratti Meridian, etc. or normal vented leather gloves would be ok?
Mesh gear:

No comments about the specific models you’ve mentioned but as a concept, mesh jacket and pants are absolutely fine for Spiti. What I would highly recommend is a high quality rain pant and rain windcheater, which you can wear over your riding gear at short notice. This serves not only to keep rain out when needed but can also insulate extremely well against wind chill and cold.

Decathlon has an excellent rain pant from Quechua which most importantly, has a zip that goes all the way up to the knee, enabling easy wearing on the fly without having to remove your boots. This is essential as weather in the mountains can change rapidly within a single riding day, from extreme heat to rain and also involve water crossings.

Footwear:

I’d recommend Goretex or similar weather protection boots. The last thing that’s desirable on a ride like this is water inside your boots. Wearing the rain pants over the boots at the right time is also critical to this end. I’d recommend wear your riding pants as well over the boots, if the design and fit permits.

Secondly, buy at least one pair of waterproof socks - LazyAssBikers has a good range of these from multiple brands. I’d recommend carrying this in your back-pack as backup on each riding day (instead of wearing them at the outset). If ever you do get water inside your boot, then that’s a good cue to change into these socks when it gets uncomfortable.

Gloves

Firstly, make sure you carry TWO pairs of gloves. They’re bound to get water inside at some point.

Secondly, at least one of those gloves should be Goretex if possible. RE seems to have a good range of gloves although I’m not familiar with specific model names - pick the one with the right weather protection and attributes to keep out cold as well as rain / water.

Last edited by Axe77 : 30th May 2022 at 05:55.
Axe77 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 06:12   #4072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Mesh gear:

No comments about the specific models you’ve mentioned but as a concept, mesh jacket and pants are absolutely fine for Spiti. What I would highly recommend is a high quality rain pant and rain windcheater, which you can wear over your riding gear at short notice. This serves not only to keep rain out when needed but can also insulate extremely well against wind chill and cold.
Cool! So I should be good with my Komine pants then. Just might have to wear some thermals inside, just in case?

With regards to the footwear, the RE TCX Stelvio boots are waterproof. Breathable like Gotetex? I don't think so, but they should suffice I believe.

I will take a look at a few waterproof gloves that I had found in my search - RE Blizzard, Bikeratti Meridian, Shima Inverno/ Dry Touring gloves, etc. If you have any specific ones in mind, then do let me know.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 30th May 2022 at 08:00. Reason: Trimmed post quote.
rahulbhosle is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 10:29   #4073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulbhosle View Post
Cool! So I should be good with my Komine pants then. Just might have to wear some thermals inside, just in case?

With regards to the footwear, the RE TCX Stelvio boots are waterproof. Breathable like Gotetex? I don't think so, but they should suffice I believe.

I will take a look at a few waterproof gloves that I had found in my search - RE Blizzard, Bikeratti Meridian, Shima Inverno/ Dry Touring gloves, etc. If you have any specific ones in mind, then do let me know.
I recently bought a pair of Shima Touring Dry gloves after trying on Viaterra Tundra and Shima Inverno to check the fit and feel.

Both Viaterra Tundra and Shima Inverno felt too warm for riding in the rains. Comfort wise, I felt Shima gloves are better than Viaterra ones. I have ridden with these gloves just once in light rain for about 40 kms (about 50 minutes non-stop) and I liked it. The gloves were comfortable despite the humidity and my hands stayed completely dry. Being full gauntlet, I'm pretty sure they will hold up well in heavy rains too.

Last edited by siddhant : 30th May 2022 at 10:30. Reason: Grammar
siddhant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 19:43   #4074
Senior - BHPian

RE Alpinestar Gloves update: After few long rides I noticed my gloves giving way. Hope RE honours the warranty and gives me a new pair
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
picked up the RE Alpinestar SMX1 V2 gloves
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-4d76b7e9f0a746afb2e47de6b4b436a8.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 20:05   #4075
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
RE Alpinestar Gloves update: After few long rides I noticed my gloves giving way. Hope RE honours the warranty and gives me a new pair
Are those the thumbs? Are you pulling your gloves off by pulling the thumb off?
Old 30th May 2022, 21:06   #4076
Senior - BHPian

Its happening on all fingers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Are those the thumbs? Are you pulling your gloves off by pulling the thumb off?
Old 30th May 2022, 21:10   #4077
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Its happening on all fingers
If you are using the ends to pull the gloves off, it happens to many gloves that use mesh fibres at the end of the tips for comfort. This happens to expensive top of the line revit gloves as well. Don’t ask me how I know.

Knowing Royal Enfield, they will change this out for you. Revit will not. But this is going to happen again, so temper your expectations from gloves like these.
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 07:24   #4078
Senior - BHPian

The velcro is getting stuck to this material. RE should have put some thought into it
Quote:
If you are using the ends to pull the gloves off, it happens
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 07:38   #4079
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The velcro is getting stuck to this material. RE should have put some thought into it
Not RE man... Alpine Stars

These are just rebadged RE products from the Alpinestars catalogue. Bought in bulk and sold at a reasonable price for us blokes.

You been spoilt by KLIM!
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 08:32   #4080
Senior - BHPian

Ok, if you insist I'll let RE off the hook BTW thanks for the KLIM advice buddy, they're super
Quote:
Not RE man... Alpine Stars
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks