Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2010, 13:33   #436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
For the age group 16-18, the license is for non-geared two-wheelers below 60cc. So, he is not eligible to ride a Dio.
Yes, I agree (I guess it's 55cc). Well, here is what I think.

In India, there is no bike currently manufactured which is below 55cc. So it would be impossible to get a license since you need to pass a driving exam on a below 55cc bike. I know there are electric bikes, but they don't require a license to ride. When I got my license, I talked to the head of the RTO (a police guy, don't remember his position) who said that the Government will soon modify the law.
Old 21st October 2010, 20:18   #437
BHPian

Has anyone tried FOX Knee guards & Elbow guards ? Reviews please.

CHEERS,
G D
Old 21st October 2010, 20:34   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P180V1 View Post

CHEERS,
G D
Couple of my friends are using it, its worth the money.
Old 21st October 2010, 22:33   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P180V1 View Post
Gautham, stay away from the FOX, AXO guards that are sold here. They are fakes/replica's and may do more damage than good if you crash.

Forget about cramster knee guards as well.

I bought a pair of crasmter knee guards last saturday and on our sunday ride to Nandi, the rivets on one of the guards popped out. I have no clue when this happened and was only aware of it when another rider pointed it out.

Gave it back and took a refund. Will go with Alpinestars bionic guards. I suggest you go for these as well. They are very very comfy, fit well and are proven to be one of the best. Worth the money if you ask me and its only a one time investment considering the slight premium you pay for it.

Do not compromise on safety.
Old 21st October 2010, 22:43   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Gautham, stay away from the FOX, AXO guards that are sold here. They are fakes/replica's and may do more damage than good if you crash.

Forget about cramster knee guards as well.

I bought a pair of crasmter knee guards last saturday and on our sunday ride to Nandi, the rivets on one of the guards popped out. I have no clue when this happened and was only aware of it when another rider pointed it out.

Gave it back and took a refund. Will go with Alpinestars bionic guards. I suggest you go for these as well. They are very very comfy, fit well and are proven to be one of the best. Worth the money if you ask me and its only a one time investment considering the slight premium you pay for it.

Do not compromise on safety.
Thanks for sharing, I was about to buy the Fox knee and elbow gaurds. Where do you get Alpinestars and how much are they?
Old 21st October 2010, 23:11   #441
BHPian

I use Fox knee and elbow guards bought from Orion Motors in Bangalore. The fit and finish is quite good and they are comfortable to wear. Not sure if they are fake ones or genuine and I have to see how long they will last.
Old 21st October 2010, 23:13   #442
Team-BHP Support

Anyone has experience with deflectors like this one
The Riding Gear thread-2009_msr_racing_youth_impact_deflectors.jpg

They looks good and being independent of a jacket makes them a good choice in my mind.
Old 21st October 2010, 23:59   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethan.ram View Post
Thanks for sharing, I was about to buy the Fox knee and elbow gaurds. Where do you get Alpinestars and how much are they?
Alpinestars is available at Orion motors, Bangalore. Or you can buy from PlanetDSG : Motorcycle Riding Gear, Accessories, Apparel and.. as they are the official importers. Orion is their retailer.

The normal knee guards cost some 3k odd bucks and the bionic ones cost 5.2k bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
I use Fox knee and elbow guards bought from Orion Motors in Bangalore. The fit and finish is quite good and they are comfortable to wear. Not sure if they are fake ones or genuine and I have to see how long they will last.
I hope they are genuine. The fake ones retail for anything between 900 bucks and 1.5k for a set of knee and elbow guards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
They looks good and being independent of a jacket makes them a good choice in my mind.
I have seen such armors before but they tend to be built over flimsy nylon/mesh cloth which can tear away in a short time.

Check this one out - Alpinestars Bionic 2 Protection Jacket - RidersDiscount.com

Since A* products reek of good quality i would suggest you buy this. Or an armored riding jacket (normal A* armored jacket) should suffice (they have CE approved armor too).
Old 22nd October 2010, 00:04   #444
Senior - BHPian

Hey Aditya, I am also looking for a riding jacket (as u know). Can we try to get a discount if a few of us try to get together and order a few ?
Old 22nd October 2010, 12:06   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Hey Aditya, I am also looking for a riding jacket (as u know). Can we try to get a discount if a few of us try to get together and order a few ?
We can take this offline as we cant discuss group buy's here.

I would suggest DSG nero as it is a very good quality jacket. You can check for sizing in Orion Motors. If you want something better, they have RJays jackets as well. Alpinestars are miles ahead but cost a bomb.
Old 22nd October 2010, 13:21   #446
Senior - BHPian

Hey

I know this has been covered a million times already, but just wanted some updated info. My sister is flying down from the US next month, and I was hoping to get a jacket (textile) from there. I am looking at stuff under ~6k INR.

Which would be the best online(?) store to shop for that stuff? She is in Houston right now, do these stores deliver inter-state?
Old 22nd October 2010, 14:29   #447
BHPian

Guys, where can we get good riding gear at reasonable prices in Bangalore?

Not particular about the brand, though.
Old 22nd October 2010, 14:59   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Which would be the best online(?) store to shop for that stuff? She is in Houston right now, do these stores deliver inter-state?
I'd suggest you to first google for closeout's. Closeout deals will fetch you items at discounted rates sometimes even higher than 50% discount.

Popular online shops are ridersdiscount.com, ebay.com, motorcyclesuperstore, bikebandit etc. Most shops will ship within USA without any hassle, some may charge for shipping though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post
Guys, where can we get good riding gear at reasonable prices in Bangalore?
Orion Yamaha (near Forum mall) stocks products from DSG, RJays, Alpinestars, etc. You can buy gloves, armored riding jackets, boots, protectors, etc. Stay away from cramster gear as their quality has been pathetic off late.
Old 22nd October 2010, 16:58   #449
Team-BHP Support

Whilst we are talking about knee & shin protection guards, I love the set of Komine frazerrazor gifted me a couple of years back. They are top nothc quality stuff, build quality is high up there and didn't feel like a burden once they were broken in and gotten used to.

Essyoume: DennisKirk.com - Motorcycle, Harley-Davidson, ATV, Dirt Bike, Snowmobile, PWC / Watercraft Parts, Apparel, and Accessories is my favourite online store to shop riding gear. Also try Search Results for "superbiketrackgear.com" and New Enough sells motorcycle jackets, helmets, gloves, luggage, tires, parts, etc. :: New Enough, both of which have reasonably good feedback staff and awesome closeout deals.

manson.
Old 25th October 2010, 17:47   #450
BHPian

My bro is coming down from the US so I thought I'd buy a riding jacket online and he could bring it down for me.

Found this site which seems to offer good deals - New Enough sells motorcycle jackets, helmets, gloves, luggage, tires, parts, etc. :: New Enough

My question is which jacket is a better buy?

The Joe Rocket 3.0 - Joe Rocket Atomic 3.0 Textile Motorcycle Jacket :: New Enough

or

The Tour Master Jett Series 2 - Tour Master Jett Series 2 Textile Motorcycle Jacket :: New Enough

If anybody has any other suggestions for a jacket that is a good deal (read under 100 dollars) and can be used in warm weather as well please do let me know.

Any other sites offering good deals would also be welcome.

Thanks.

Cheers

Rahul

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks