Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2011, 11:24   #646
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
We get them as 2 piece suits too and mine is a 2 piece. The jacket and the pants can be zipped forming a one piece. So, just looking to alter the thigh portion. Checked out all the local neighbourhood tailor shops...No luck so far :-(
I meant just the pants. They are stitched in a way that they dont tear easily. If you re-stitch you're possibly undoing the very reason you picked them up for :-)

Go work out your legs in the gym for a month and it'll be alright!
Old 4th August 2011, 13:11   #647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Knee pads are available with cramster. Please check their site too.
Cramster's sucks. I have seen them at their outlet here and even Aditya had posted his first hand experience about it. So keeping away from Cramster.
Old 11th August 2011, 17:30   #648
BHPian

Quote:
We get them as 2 piece suits too and mine is a 2 piece. The jacket and the pants can be zipped forming a one piece. So, just looking to alter the thigh portion. Checked out all the local neighbourhood tailor shops...No luck so far :-(
I have been gifted an Alpinestars TRC1 jacket by my sister.

But,the grin you see above was long gone just after I opened the couriered box and checked for the size!

As per the sizing chart,I bought the size M from DSG pune (online).The order was delivered within 2 days and now,I am having some issues.

The fit is very snug and indeed very nice around shoulders and waist. Most probably the best jacket I have ever seen. Quality of material is excellent and it lives up to its premium name.

Albeit,the thing that's been bugging me for so long is the sleeve length. They are long(and broad) by over 2 inches.And the armor is not quite where it should be. With the inner lining on it somehow feels bearable and remains in place too but, without it the whole thing just hangs by and is very loose.I simply don't like it.

I haven't taken the badges off yet and didn't ride even once wearing it. I am thinking to have a size change but I don't want to loose the otherwise perfect shoulder and waist fit.The fit is just perfect save for the elbows and sleeves.

And also,it's been 20-25 days since I got the jacket.I reported the issues to DSG the same day and they are arranging the small size for me.

I would like to know if the things I have mentioned are normal or should I go for a change? I am totally confused!
Old 12th August 2011, 00:03   #649
Senior - BHPian

Just like to report something here; I happened to test out the waterproofness of my DSG Nero (although not willingly). On my way home from office this evening, it started raining near the Ejipura signal and just kept getting worse, so much so that I was having difficulty seeing what was in front of me.

Anywho, I kept riding and finally when I reached home, I was totally drenched, dripping wet. BUT, when I removed my jacket my shirt (above my waist) was absolutely dry! I had my cellphone, Bluetooth handsfree in my shirt pocket and a Sony P&S in the front top jacket pocket. None of these items got wet, even a bit! I was in the rain for more than 2hrs.

btw, the bottom two pockets aren't that waterproof. Looks like Nero was a good choice.

Last edited by IronH4WK : 12th August 2011 at 00:05.
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 07:56   #650
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
Albeit,the thing that's been bugging me for so long is the sleeve length. They are long(and broad) by over 2 inches.And the armor is not quite where it should be. With the inner lining on it somehow feels bearable and remains in place too but, without it the whole thing just hangs by and is very loose.I simply don't like it.
Hi Shivank! Firstly, congrats on your jacket. You got a great sister and another chap I know was gifted a Ninja 250 by his wife . Damn! when will I get lucky :-(

Anyway, on the topic, it would help if you can post some pictures specially on the wrist and elbow area. On the armour being displaced, I'm not surprised because my A* jacket also had the same problem. I removed all the armour and fit them again to my comfort. It should be doable in your case also.

And how's the tightening mechanism at the wrist? And normally for textile jackets, there are 3 buttons near the elbow for adjustments, doesn't your jacket has one?

I wouldn't advise you on a replacement since you say its a good fit on the shoulders and waist. The sleeves should also be covered by your gloves (if you have full length) but the pictures should help to give more comments.

Last edited by JVH : 12th August 2011 at 07:57.
Old 12th August 2011, 10:22   #651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
BUT, when I removed my jacket my shirt (above my waist) was absolutely dry! I was in the rain for more than 2hrs.
I wanted to buy the Nero too but Orion had no stock and my ninja was due for delivery so in haste i bought the cramster raptor. Although its marketed as "Protection against extreme wind, rain and snow" it soaks the rider in 10mins of light/medium rain. My Van Heusen jacket (not a riding jacket) is completely waterproof and cost me half of what i paid for cramster. Even the armor on cramster is not upto the mark. The only thing i like in the cramster is the 3M reflective piping on the jacket.

Quote:
another chap I know was gifted a Ninja 250 by his wife . Damn! when will I get lucky :-(
You're looking around to get married again?
Old 12th August 2011, 10:42   #652
Team-BHP Support

And the rain sometime back helped me test out my Tourmaster Full Suit.

The only problem is if I am wearing my laptop bag inside. That makes it very uncomfortable.
Without that bag and just my riding jacket inside. Its acceptable.

Also completely dry despite pouring rain.
Old 12th August 2011, 11:24   #653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
another chap I know was gifted a Ninja 250 by his wife . Damn! when will I get lucky :-(
hey! you got the Monster. don't be greedy
Old 12th August 2011, 19:34   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Shivank! Firstly, congrats on your jacket. You got a great sister and another chap I know was gifted a Ninja 250 by his wife . Damn! when will I get lucky :-(

Anyway, on the topic, it would help if you can post some pictures specially on the wrist and elbow area. On the armour being displaced, I'm not surprised because my A* jacket also had the same problem. I removed all the armour and fit them again to my comfort. It should be doable in your case also.

And how's the tightening mechanism at the wrist? And normally for textile jackets, there are 3 buttons near the elbow for adjustments, doesn't your jacket has one?

I wouldn't advise you on a replacement since you say its a good fit on the shoulders and waist. The sleeves should also be covered by your gloves (if you have full length) but the pictures should help to give more comments.
Yes,she's a great sister. What if it takes a lot of effort to convince or force her to gift me things like that. I am sure that's not the case with your friend and his wife.Forcefully made to 'gift' things.

Okay,the size issue.First off,I tried the the jacket again today without the inner liner and the simple thing is I cannot live with it.The elbow armor was down to the wrist leaving the elbows alone.Sleeves hang by excessively and I completely hated it.There are no buttons to adjust the elbow and I think I got to change it no matter what! I would be riding without the inner liner most of the time so thinking to go for small.

Size small will reach to DSG store,Delhi by Monday or Tuesday and I can then only confirm which one to keep. As of now,seems the M is sure on its way back.If it turns out the way,lets see what can be done about the armor and sleeves length.

So,thanks again for replying and I will post more about this once I get to check the small size.

Ducati Monster? You? Unlucky? What on earth do you mean by this?

Last edited by Shivank : 12th August 2011 at 19:49.
Old 12th August 2011, 21:53   #655
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Okay,the size issue.First off,I tried the the jacket again today without the inner liner and the simple thing is I cannot live with it.The elbow armor was down to the wrist leaving the elbows alone.Sleeves hang by excessively and I completely hated it.There are no buttons to adjust the elbow and I think I got to change it no matter what! I would be riding without the inner liner most of the time so thinking to go for small.
Hmmm elbow armour down to the wrist? Isn't this a clear case of mis-alignment? Did you try to remove and fit them again? Sorry, but this is one of a kind situation and I couldn't help but smile.

Quote:

Ducati Monster? You? Unlucky? What on earth do you mean by this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
hey! you got the Monster. don't be greedy
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

You're looking around to get married again?
Guys!!! You know what I was hinting at...
Old 13th August 2011, 15:19   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm elbow armour down to the wrist? Isn't this a clear case of mis-alignment? Did you try to remove and fit them again? Sorry, but this is one of a kind situation and I couldn't help but smile.
This is mis-alignment for sure! And the elbow armor is not removable. DSG says it is but I couldn't understand how? Plus,this jacket is most probably going to be replaced so, I am thinking not to fiddle with it much.

Quote:
Guys!!! You know what I was hinting at...
You have been oh-so-modest.
Old 13th August 2011, 15:25   #657
Team-BHP Support

Try to see inside the sleeve part of the jacket. There will be a bit of velcro. That is closing an opening inside which is the armour.
Old 15th August 2011, 22:48   #658
Senior - BHPian

Hello guys,
Your suggestions/comments about the below products required, mainly the disadvantages.

Alpinestars Reflex Knee Guard - BikeBandit.com

Amazon.com: Thor Motocross Sector Knee Guards - One size fits most/Black: Automotive
Old 24th August 2011, 08:00   #659
Senior - BHPian

Anyone know if we can get the rain boot covers here locally? Something like this - Tour Master Deluxe Rain Boot Covers - RidersDiscount.com

I hate it when I ride after the rain stops and my shoes and legs get wet - worse slushy. And I have to sit in office for hours.
Old 24th August 2011, 12:52   #660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Anyone know if we can get the rain boot covers here locally? Something like this - Tour Master Deluxe Rain Boot Covers - RidersDiscount.com

I hate it when I ride after the rain stops and my shoes and legs get wet - worse slushy. And I have to sit in office for hours.
@naveen,
Not available locally.
I tried through to get from some seller from China but the product was not delivered due to some issue during transportation, so the seller returned the money.
I believe you also know that these boot covers do not cover at the bottom of the shoe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks