Team-BHP - The Riding Gear thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Ride Safe (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ride-safe/)
-   -   The Riding Gear thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ride-safe/42000-riding-gear-thread-51.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveenroy (Post 2592235)
Guys, need your help. I am still looking around for some good knee-guards. Can you suggest something that I can get in a couple of weeks time cause am doing a 1800 kms ride for the Christmas hols.

I see you have updated your location as Bangalore. Go to Orion Motors (authorized Yamaha dealer/service center) behind Forum Mall. They have Fox Racing elbow and knee armor. These are sold as a set and not separately. Also these are genuine and not like the fake axo's that are sold for 950 bucks for a set of knee+elbow guards. Or go to performance racing store (linky) and order for it. They ship within 24-48 hrs and are very friendly and customer centric.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveenroy (Post 2592235)
Guys, need your help. I am still looking around for some good knee-guards. I contacted adventure on the rocks store and they said they sell only with elbow-guards. Since I have a riding jacket, I just need the knee-guards to complete my riding armour. Though the Alpinestars bionic knee guard sounds great, think it is a bit costly.

Can you suggest something that I can get in a couple of weeks time cause am doing a 1800 kms ride for the Christmas hols.

Avoid Adventure on the Rocks. The stuff there is fake most of the times or over priced.

In Bangalore, I would recommend the Orion Mall or Cramster. I have seen my friends using Cramster and they seemed pretty sturdy and durable

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasikiran_bs (Post 2593418)
Avoid Adventure on the Rocks. The stuff there is fake most of the times or over priced.

In Bangalore, I would recommend the Orion Mall or Cramster. I have seen my friends using Cramster and they seemed pretty sturdy and durable

I agree on the Adventure on the Rocks store. Ritesh's prices are way too high.

Like mentioned earlier, i wouldn't recommended safety/riding gear from Cramster. The quality just sucks. Yes, their prices are cheap but not worth taking a risk with riding gear. Better to invest in better stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasikiran_bs (Post 2593418)

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_aditya (Post 2593547)
I agree on the Adventure on the Rocks store. Ritesh's prices are way too high.

Like mentioned earlier, i wouldn't recommended safety/riding gear from Cramster. The quality just sucks. Yes, their prices are cheap but not worth taking a risk with riding gear. Better to invest in better stuff.

Thanks for pointing that out about Adventure on the Rocks. And no, I don't want to buy from Cramster either. That will be the last place I visit.

Will check Orion or order from PRS.

:OT - n_aditya, are you part of the Riders group on FB?

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveenroy (Post 2594000)
n_aditya, are you part of the Riders group on FB?

Yes sir, I am. Are you also on this group?

Hello folks,
Am on the lookout for a durable set of saddlebags for my Roadking. Having seen and used a friend's Ladakh-returned Cramster Stallion bags, I feel these are very sturdy and durable. However n_aditya's caution against Cramster equipment has me thinking again. Would you say their luggage is as flimsy as their protective gear? Note, i'm interested only in their saddlebags, nothing else.
So, any feedback on the Cramster Stallion?

Cheers
Rahul

PS: Would anyone happen to know anything about the Firstgear Kilimanjaro touring jacket?

Quote:

Originally Posted by voodoochild (Post 2594379)
Having seen and used a friend's Ladakh-returned Cramster Stallion bags, I feel these are very sturdy and durable. However n_aditya's caution against Cramster equipment has me thinking again. Would you say their luggage is as flimsy as their protective gear? Note, i'm interested only in their saddlebags, nothing else.

I haven't used the Cramster saddle/tank bag's but a rider friend in my group bought one sometime back and has no complaints. So my assumption is that their travel gear is of better quality and durability than the protective riding gear. :)

You could also look at other alternatives at Bachoo Motors. They sell RJays products and I myself have the Platinum Series Elite Tailbag (pics in my Ninja ownership thread). RJays products are expensive compared to cramster but the finish, quality and everything else is top notch. Total VFM and highly recommended.

Thanks n_aditya! Checked the link. Looks like the RJays saddlebags are a bit smaller, but the rain covers and detachable pouches seem worthwhile apart from the apparently better quality (from the pics atleast). But 4 times the price of Cramsters?? Justifiable? In my case they wont be used for hardcore abuse (just maybe a Ladakh trip sometime :D) so I suppose the Cramsters will suffice.

@aditya: are you using Alpinestar knee guards? last time we met at the coffee day at Tumkur i thought you were wearing the Alpinestars Boinic Knee Guard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by voodoochild (Post 2594452)
In my case they wont be used for hardcore abuse (just maybe a Ladakh trip sometime :D) so I suppose the Cramsters will suffice.

Saddlebags from Cramster is of good quality. You can go for it and since you want it for a few trips only, this should serve the purpose well! Have used them for around 12 trips so far over the last 3 years. It has seen rain on 3 of those 12 trips and has held up well. Still good for many more trips.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronH4WK (Post 2594533)
@aditya: are you using Alpinestar knee guards? last time we met at the coffee day at Tumkur i thought you were wearing the Alpinestars Boinic Knee Guard.

Yes, I use the A* Bionic knee guards. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_aditya (Post 2594243)
Yes sir, I am. Are you also on this group?

Yes :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by voodoochild (Post 2594452)
Thanks n_aditya! Checked the link. Looks like the RJays saddlebags are a bit smaller, but the rain covers and detachable pouches seem worthwhile apart from the apparently better quality (from the pics atleast). But 4 times the price of Cramsters?? Justifiable? In my case they wont be used for hardcore abuse (just maybe a Ladakh trip sometime :D) so I suppose the Cramsters will suffice.

Yes, I also have the Cramster sadlle-bags and have used both the Colt and Stallion. IMHO, these are good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_aditya (Post 2594577)
Yes, I use the A* Bionic knee guards. :)

Where did you get those from? DSG?

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveenroy (Post 2594845)
Where did you get those from? DSG?

Bought them from Orion Motors who is a reseller for Planet DSG, Performance Racing Store and Bachoo Motors. But most of the time Orion has no stock and also does not carry the full range of products that is originally available with the above mentioned importers.

Good news for folks on a budget. AGV Sport is made available in India Performance Racing Store. AGV Sport

My kit

AGV S4-SV helmet, Dainese D-Air Jacket and Gloves, Falcon Riding Boots and Hein Gericke Touring Textile Trousers