Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2009, 16:51   #121
BHPian

@Steeroid: Saw the link a few months back. Not sure when it's releasing, but I'm not convinced about it's USP. Let's see when it's out.

Here goes my riding gear list:

Helmets:

1) GP One - For daily use.
2) Arai RX7 Corsair - Weekends and trackdays.

Jackets:

1) DSG Nero
2) Alpinestars Octane Full Leathers

Armour/Supports:

1) Alpinestars Bionic Knee Protectors
2) Cramster Lower Back Support belt.

Boots:

1) Gaerne GR-S (Carbon fibre).

Gloves:

1) First Gear (Forgotten the model name)
2) DSG Primal Touring Gloves.
Old 28th April 2009, 18:40   #122
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Planet DSG eliminated Daijya from their product catalogue within a couple of days from when I quoted Sankar's email saga with Marushin on Castrol Power Passion Hunt: xBhp Hunts for the Most Passionate Biker in India!, an Indian motorcycle forum of which Planet DSG happens to be a co-sponsor.

Through the grapevine I had later gathered that DSG was trying to offload their entire Daijya inventory at really cheap pricing.

Do you yet think DSG suddenly realised that Daijya was a low volume and non profitable range? Or did they just gather that they could be in some serious trouble if anyone did take appropriate action against them.
Infact Daijya was one of the better selling premium (pricing parameter) helmets in India for those one or two years, so there is a slim chance that DSG stopped marketing Daijya due to low deman or zilch profitability.

manson.
Thanks for that Manson. I knew something had happened for them to withdraw all Daijyas from the market.
Old 29th April 2009, 09:49   #123
BHPian

My riding gear list is as follows:

Helmet
1. Cross (Daily use)
2. AGV GP1 (Weekend use)

Jacket
1. DSG Nero

Gloves
1. Cramster (don't remember the model)

Boots
1. Alpinestar One-o-One (casual & touring boots)

CHEERS,
G D
Old 29th April 2009, 13:43   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter View Post
@Steeroid: Saw the link a few months back. Not sure when it's releasing, but I'm not convinced about it's USP. Let's see when it's out.
I saw a whole episode of some Discovery show on this new 'invention', where they had a dummy fitted out with a camera for the 'head' wearing this helmet on pillon.

The rear view mirror is roughly in the same position as that in your car - which allegedly saves the rider those precious moments lost in looking at the handlebar mounted stuff. The chap reviewing it also said he didnt feel the need to look at his wing mirrors with the helmet on. On the camera it showed a WIDE view of the rider's (in this case the pillon's) rear.

Obviously it would be quite useless if you have a pillon rider because this is mirror based, not run through a camera.

I can see the need for it and am more than willing to give it a try - I think it would be invaluable in fast-moving traffic like what I encounter while riding here, where a momentary loss of vision can mean death.

Last edited by Steeroid : 29th April 2009 at 13:44.
Old 19th June 2009, 18:20   #125
Senior - BHPian

Cross helmets

Anyone owned a Cross helmet? How are they? I saw one for 3.5K in Bangalore.
Old 19th June 2009, 18:48   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
See if you can find anything from the AGV-MPA range within your budget, or lookout for the Studds range. Considering you will be buying an Indian make, please buy one with an ISI marking only.

the thing is manson, no one is selling the agv-mpa helmets below 2.3k,atleast here in hyd. plus they have only the solid colours.

any leads where i can get to see the full range of the indian agvs?

tried mailing the parent company: group protech. but no response.

same is the case with gp-one. none in hyd!
Old 19th June 2009, 19:20   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
the thing is manson, no one is selling the agv-mpa helmets below 2.3k,atleast here in hyd. plus they have only the solid colours.

any leads where i can get to see the full range of the indian agvs?

tried mailing the parent company: group protech. but no response.

same is the case with gp-one. none in hyd!
Try On The Rocks-The Camping Store
Old 8th August 2009, 11:01   #128
Senior - BHPian

Fieldsheer?

Sorry but couldn't go through the entire thread to check - information needed quite urgently.

There is a good sale in the US on the Fieldsheer Aqua Sport Textile jacket. Anyone know the quality of the Fieldsheer jackets? They look good and have approved CE armour on all the right places.
Old 9th August 2009, 13:56   #129
BHPian

hey i'm from kerala.. do any of you guys know where i can get a genuine branded helmet here? and also which brand do u suggest??
Old 9th August 2009, 13:57   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Sorry but couldn't go through the entire thread to check - information needed quite urgently.

There is a good sale in the US on the Fieldsheer Aqua Sport Textile jacket. Anyone know the quality of the Fieldsheer jackets? They look good and have approved CE armour on all the right places.
Those are good jackets. Buy it.
Old 9th August 2009, 14:05   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone owned a Cross helmet? How are they? I saw one for 3.5K in Bangalore.
I got one quite recently and am pretty impressed by it. Very good fit, comfortable, and (hopefully safe) . Good ventilation and removable padding.
Old 9th August 2009, 22:55   #132
BHPian

I have a Cross which I got 4 months ago, quite satisfied with it. Initially I thought the wind noise was a little high, but maybe I got used to it now !
Visor is quite good too, scratch resistant like AGV and the interior/padding is better than MPA made AGV.
Old 10th August 2009, 00:15   #133
Senior - BHPian

Help needed

I saw a decent deal on some online site for the Fieldsheer jacket. My sis is coming to India from the US so I thought I will save some shipping charges by having her bring it along. So I try to place an order with my credit card but only PayPal possible. Cool, I have an account so use that to try and place the order. But I am not allowed to add a US address on Paypal. Now, I am left with a situation where I cannot place an order with my credit card or use PayPal to ship to an address in the US.

I know lots of you guys have overcome these problems. Please let me know how to go about it.
Old 10th August 2009, 00:37   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I saw a decent deal on some online site for the Fieldsheer jacket. My sis is coming to India from the US so I thought I will save some shipping charges by having her bring it along. So I try to place an order with my credit card but only PayPal possible. Cool, I have an account so use that to try and place the order. But I am not allowed to add a US address on Paypal. Now, I am left with a situation where I cannot place an order with my credit card or use PayPal to ship to an address in the US.

I know lots of you guys have overcome these problems. Please let me know how to go about it.
This is but I guess I should help out a fellow biker/ebayer.

You gotta ask her to sign up, add her US card for signing up. Then just ask her to give you her login details. You then add your India CC to PayPal and then during checkout choose your card for payment. Problem is sometime paypal's internal "chori protection AI" rejects it. Just try again later in 4 hours. Still doesnt work? Use your sisters card and promise you'll repay her when she lands. Or she can keep the Jacket .
Old 10th August 2009, 01:11   #135
Senior - BHPian

I dont think I've posted here before so here it goes.

Alpinestars Black Label (limited edition) Gangsta Jacket
Alpinestars SMX Riding Shoes
Alpinestars GP Plus Riding Gloves
NoLan FaceLift Helmet
Vemar Helmet
GP-One Helmet x2

Planning to get ICON Death from Above helmet & a spine guard soon.

Most Viewed