Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:32   #301
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepikins View Post
Point here. if you are going to the performance store, it might be worthwhile to check the websites of sparx, joe rocket etc and then go there for try outs. These guys will order the helmet for you as available on the website. this takes a week or so. alternatively, you can see the range at the store itself on their computer , but i some how prefer the leisure browsing at home.
PRS stocks a bunch of 'running' series and sizes, but I gotta agree with you on the leisure browsing at home bit. Always gives you more time to look around for products from other makes, reviews, comparisons, e.t.c

manson.
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:12   #302
Senior - BHPian

With the upcoming purchase of my Ninja, I need to pick up a good helmet and a pair of gloves.

Which helmet and gloves would you guys suggest in the range of upto INR 5K (for the helmet alone) and where in Blore can I buy them?
Old 22nd February 2010, 16:34   #303
Team-BHP Support

This is simple, really.
Straight6 ordered a superbb Icon lid for the guy with the green two bros Ninja in the group. Get the same lid, and have it shipped to your parents who could bring it down. Period.

That helmet is literally colour coded to match the Ninja 250 green. Slightly over your budget at 170 USD though.

manson.
Old 23rd February 2010, 21:30   #304
BHPian

Hey given & Manson Thanks for the help, I am currenly out of mumbai, but eill check ithe stores once I get back.

by the way do these US sites ship to India.
Old 23rd February 2010, 23:21   #305
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post

by the way do these US sites ship to India.
Shipping to India is slightly expensive if you're not ordering the whole hog, but most of them ship international. I hear motorcycle closeouts has some very reasonable shipping rates, downside being you don't get a tracking number for the same.

manson.
Old 24th February 2010, 09:28   #306
BHPian

Friends, I have a friend flying in from Germany in 3-4 weeks. I am planning to get a nice touring jacket with all the protective armour et all. I have couple of queries -

1. Do the touring jackets provide cover from heat, cold and monsoon? Or do we need to buy seperate jackets for the conditions we are riding into?

2. Is it any economical to buy stuff from Germany? Or is it better to get stuff from Cramster since it is locally available?

This is the first time I am buying such stuff and that too from abroad, hence the stupid questions . Also, would be great help if you can point me some direct links to jackets, so that I know what kind of stuff I need to order. Hope to hear some responses guys, pls do pour your suggestions.
Old 24th February 2010, 22:51   #307
BHPian

Just checked with MotorcycleCloseOut. They are no more shipping to India. MGMT decision they said.

One of the most interesting things about the following websites is that they both offer a 50$ flat shipping rate for any helmet to India. That includes

sportbiketrackgear.com
extremesupply.com

I am open to other websites right now, and just trying to close a deal on AGV or Shoei X11. Let's see how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Shipping to India is slightly expensive if you're not ordering the whole hog, but most of them ship international. I hear motorcycle closeouts has some very reasonable shipping rates, downside being you don't get a tracking number for the same.

manson.
Old 26th February 2010, 00:27   #308
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post

One of the most interesting things about the following websites is that they both offer a 50$ flat shipping rate for any helmet to India. That includes

sportbiketrackgear.com
extremesupply.com
IMO thats a pretty standard rate across most online stores. I had Sport bike track gear (STG henceforth) ship me a helmet, extra visor for the same, windshield and two pairs of Stomp grips for 50 USD.
The bummer being they shipped me a windshield for the a wrong bike instead

manson.
Old 26th February 2010, 21:29   #309
BHPian

Quote:

manson.

Will Buying in Singapore be a better Option. I can get it from there. But I dont know the prices there?

I think all n all it's better to buy at tardeo
Old 26th February 2010, 23:31   #310
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Will Buying in Singapore be a better Option. I can get it from there. But I dont know the prices there?

I think all n all it's better to buy at tardeo
Singapore I'm not too aware about really. I'm told you can get stuff at good prices there if you know where to buy from.
I'd strongly suggest heading down to PRS & Bachoo before you plunge into anything online.

manson.
Old 28th February 2010, 12:56   #311

I agree with manson if you are in Mumbai PRC n Bachoo are very good options. the best thing is you can try stuff before buying. I bought my KBC helmet and joe Rocket riding gloves from PRC and balacklava from Bachoo. You can also try DSG.
Old 28th February 2010, 15:30   #312
BHPian

Quote:
I'd strongly suggest heading down to PRS & Bachoo before you plunge into anything online.

manson.
Yes, Think I'll do just that - Thanks.
Old 28th February 2010, 17:20   #313
BHPian

Got a LS2 helmet, a pair of ProBiker gloves and FOX racing knee and elbow guards. Pics:

The Riding Gear thread-p1070718.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-p1070724.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-p1070725.jpg

Name:  P1070726.JPG
Views: 1876
Size:  315.9 KB
Old 3rd March 2010, 13:45   #314
Senior - BHPian

checked out Cramster on Monday. The street gloves cost 1100 bucks and they have a kevlar knuckle protector. Like the fit and feel.

They have no leather jackets but I did try on a fabric (?) street / summer jacket which has elbow, shoulder and back protection. cost - 5200/-

Any reviews on Cramster? They are affordable and i like the fit and feel.
Old 3rd March 2010, 14:46   #315
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

Any reviews on Cramster? They are affordable and i like the fit and feel.
it is good enough and if you are comfy and feel good after wearing it, nothing like it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks