Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2011, 22:41   #526
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Here are pics of my brand new Sidi Vertigo CE Certified riding boots. Bought them from Motorcycle Superstore.
Great buy! Boots are pending for me and most probably I too will pick up Sidi. BTW, were these shipped or brought by a friend? And these are Air boots right? Why not a water proof one? Am eyeing Gortex
Old 16th April 2011, 23:11   #527
Team-BHP Support

@Aditya - Oh my my! Your post exudes happiness

Whats the damage? What about the size compatibility? I wear 29 cms UK10.

Last edited by Sheel : 16th April 2011 at 23:12.
Old 17th April 2011, 02:16   #528
Senior - BHPian

Great boots Aditya! And watch out, Sheel is gonna try and steal these. He's already looking out for the right size.

@Sid

The one you picked up is a modular as well? How much does a Cross full-face cost?
Old 17th April 2011, 08:50   #529
Senior - BHPian

Great for you thin guys.You can even stuff the jeans inside the boot.Man i have problems even stuffing my leg inside it.LOL

Great looking boots by the way.how comfortable are they in walking?
Old 17th April 2011, 10:28   #530
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
And watch out, Sheel is gonna try and steal these. He's already looking out for the right size.

ROFL. I have wanted good riding shoes, but walking in them as Nav points out should be a concern.

@ Nav - For the first time since 3 years, I have put on waist belt. (Which means I have successfully managed to shed few pounds) How I wish I could use a 3rd smile here. Any ways, ... :-)
Old 17th April 2011, 10:43   #531
BHPian

Quote:
@Sid

The one you picked up is a modular as well? How much does a Cross full-face cost?
I was keen on picking up a Flip-up as it is lot more convenient.

He didn't have a full face Cross in stock. Only two Flip-up's from Cross (model Hunk). One in shining black and another one in graphics that I picked up (same as Prajwal's, pics given in his post above).

He quoted LS2 diamond for Rs.3200/-. Had one AGV on display for Rs.2300/-. I checked out the Vega Boolean Dinosaur too. Quoted Rs.1750/- approx. He had a Sparx as well but I didn't ask the price.

And yes, no bill given for Cross. I wish I had checked on this before and would have negotiated further knowing that he will be pocketing all the tax .

Cheers, Sid
Old 17th April 2011, 14:00   #532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Great buy! Boots are pending for me and most probably I too will pick up Sidi. BTW, were these shipped or brought by a friend? And these are Air boots right? Why not a water proof one? Am eyeing Gortex
Thanks JVH. I ordered these via Motorcycle Superstore and got it shipped to a friend who carried it down for me.

These are Sidi Vertigo's and have an air vent which can be open or closed as needed. I'm not sure what differences the Vertigo Air has from this.

I initially wanted Goretex but they get very hot and uncomfy in summer. I dont enjoy riding in the rain anyway so goretex/waterproof ones were out.

I was seriously looking for touring boots as they are slightly more comfy than these street / race boots but the touring ones have no replaceable parts like toe sliders, etc.

Dainese, A*, Gaerne are other brands that are similar to Sidi's but cost lesser (some variants). You might want to check them out too.

Edit - I have a discount coupon from Motorcycle superstore. If you are ordering from here and want the coupon, let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
@Aditya - Oh my my! Your post exudes happiness

Whats the damage? What about the size compatibility? I wear 29 cms UK10.
Thanks Sheel. This is size UK 43 / US 9.5. Cost me US$ 300 / ~INR 14k

Quote:
Great boots Aditya!
Thanks SUV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Great for you thin guys.You can even stuff the jeans inside the boot.Man i have problems even stuffing my leg inside it.LOL

Great looking boots by the way.how comfortable are they in walking?
This has a calf adjuster so you can loosen the calf area, stuff the denims in and then tighten it by turning a small dial on the back of the boot in clockwise direction. See below pic with the dial highlighted in the yellow rectangle. Just below the dial is a switch which when pushed to the right loosens the calf area.

The Riding Gear thread-camera-dump-004.jpg

I felt weird walking in them initially but after sometime it was just fine. I found it hard to upshift due to the limited foot movement but once it wears in, it'll be fine. The air vent works well and on the way back from today's ride it was scorching hot and i could feel air entering the boot through the vent provided.

Overall a nice boot. Very well made, quality looks top notch and feels pretty comfy and safe.

Last edited by n_aditya : 17th April 2011 at 14:04.
Old 17th April 2011, 15:16   #533
Senior - BHPian

I agree to your adjuster bit but i suppose even that has an upper limit.LOL.here is where my calf steps in. :P hahahaha.

Yes it does feel a bit wierd to walk but i asked whether it was too taxing.I am looking for a new pair now and since i do a fair bit of walking around when i reach my destination hence i need something to walk in as well.Especially when its cold and its snow around.Then you don't even want to change into regular shoes.
Old 17th April 2011, 18:39   #534
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
These are Sidi Vertigo's and have an air vent which can be open or closed as needed. I'm not sure what differences the Vertigo Air has from this.

I initially wanted Goretex but they get very hot and uncomfy in summer. I dont enjoy riding in the rain anyway so goretex/waterproof ones were out.

I was seriously looking for touring boots as they are slightly more comfy than these street / race boots but the touring ones have no replaceable parts like toe sliders, etc.

Dainese, A*, Gaerne are other brands that are similar to Sidi's but cost lesser (some variants). You might want to check them out too.

Edit - I have a discount coupon from Motorcycle superstore. If you are ordering from here and want the coupon, let me know.
Yup, your reasoning makes perfect sense for summer riding. I'm contemplating between Sidi and Puma...lets see.

Thanks for the offer . Will have to wait for a little while since I'm literally bankrupt right now (you know why ;-))
Old 18th April 2011, 10:52   #535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
I agree to your adjuster bit but i suppose even that has an upper limit.LOL.here is where my calf steps in. :P hahahaha.

Yes it does feel a bit wierd to walk but i asked whether it was too taxing.I am looking for a new pair now and since i do a fair bit of walking around when i reach my destination hence i need something to walk in as well.Especially when its cold and its snow around.Then you don't even want to change into regular shoes.
Well if your calf muscle is as big as my thigh then it wont fit. And i have some chunky calf muscles too so it should fit you just fine.

Here is what i can do. I'll take a video of the calf adjuster in action and post the link here so you get a better picture.

On the walking part, i didnt face any discomfort. I could keep them on and walk for quite a bit i feel. Its definitely not like walking in a pair of sneakers. It's like walking in a pair of slightly restricted woodlands or red tapes. Definitely not uncomfortable, no shoe bites, no soreness in my feet etc.

Last edited by n_aditya : 18th April 2011 at 10:54.
Old 18th April 2011, 12:12   #536
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: For queries and posts related to helmets please post here.

For all other riding gear such as jackets, boots, etc. please use this thread.
Old 18th April 2011, 12:13   #537
Senior - BHPian

Ah thats nice.The reason i am asking for reviews is that i never get any boot in my size in india which i can try and then decide.I have a size 11.At most the boots which are in my size are totally uninspiring.So lets see.I will look at some more reviews because i have some time to order.
Old 19th April 2011, 00:23   #538
Senior - BHPian

@Navpreet: Try Sidi boots. have a Vertigo Corsa 10.5. Fits nicely.

Finally got a proper leather jacket.

The Riding Gear thread-joe2.jpg
Old 19th April 2011, 09:23   #539
Distinguished - BHPian

Sunnyboi, how much did the joe rocket cost you? Specs, model details?
Old 19th April 2011, 17:12   #540
BHPian

Folks, its raining cats and dogs in Bangalore and I had a quick question for you. What rain gear do you own? I'm specifically looking for light weight (water tight - obviously), two piece (pant and jacket) kind of rain coat. I'm aware of Duckback. But the problem is that it is too bulky and storage is a problem. I've seen a bright yellow rain coat that my friend had brought with him from abroad. it was extremely light and could be folded into a really tiny packet. I've searched a lot of places online and was not able to find something like that. It looked like nylon but was obviously something more water tight. Suggestions please!

Most Viewed