Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2011, 13:42   #676
BHPian

Re: Breezer 4.0(Dyna) vs RJays vs JK17

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

Although the revive gloves are not waterproof they do not become sticky or uncomfortable when wet.
Thanks, Aditya. These will replace my DSG Moto Mesh soon. The Moto does a good job, but the upper layer of the fabric around the thumb area on both hands came off few months after the buy.

Also, I did see your glowing review on the DSG Revive webpage

Last edited by Cayman360 : 22nd September 2011 at 13:44.
Old 22nd September 2011, 13:53   #677
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhamAT View Post
Aditya: What's your take on these:
AXO Pro Race Gloves : Black - 2,499.00Rs and Cramster MX3 ?
The AXO gloves seem to be good. However the palm area is not full leather. Please note that when a person falls he/she will use his hands (palm area) to break the impact of the fall. Since this glove has a mix of textile/mesh and leather on the palm area the abrasion resistance offered will not be comparable to a full leather glove. Protection will be compromised.

Cramster MX3 is a textile-leather glove. The upper part of the glove is textile while the palm area is leather. Here again protection is not enough. Also i have read multiple reviews that these gloves come apart within a few months of usage.

Last edited by n_aditya : 22nd September 2011 at 13:54.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2011, 14:24   #678
Senior - BHPian

^ +1. Cramster MX3 are kind of a daily commute mesh gloves (i use it for my 3hr commute to office and back). like Aditya mentioned, it mesh/leather combo, which means if you fall with the palms facing the asphalt, you're safe; the other way around - not so good also, you have carbon fiber protection on the knuckles, but the protection on the phalanges is basically rubber.

i happened to ride in pouring rain with the MX3 and other than get wet i didn't find any problems. the palm, which is covered in leather, didn't lose grip at all.
Old 22nd September 2011, 15:16   #679
BHPian

My new Thor ride gloves
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-thor.jpg  

Old 22nd September 2011, 19:34   #680
BHPian

Smart Designs, Wadala -- A big thumbs down

I asked a friend to pick up a pair of DSG Revive gloves from Smart Designs,Wadala. Day 1 they didnt have any stock, no issues, trivial matter. Day 2- they offer my friend a damaged pair of gloves and have the audacity to say " Sir, you can take these, no problems at all, I will give you a discount. No big deal in such a small damage".

My friend was absolutely furious to say the least and walked out of the shop. Such is the state of affairs of people selling "protective gears"
Old 22nd September 2011, 20:41   #681
BHPian

Got the Axo Pro Race. The discount caught me (typical Indian mentality). Apart from that i liked the protection over knuckles. On the palm side there is a small leather insert but as you guys had already pointed, and i agree, it is not as good as more expensive full leather ones.
Old 26th September 2011, 18:21   #682
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post deleted. Please use the PM feature for any 1x1 conversations. Kindly read the Announcements section before posting further.

Last edited by n_aditya : 27th September 2011 at 10:36.
Old 27th September 2011, 20:45   #683
BHPian

Hi friends, I am planning to go for a riding jacket and a pair of gloves. Any showrooms for riding gear in Ernakulam, if none in Trivandrum. Thanks in advance.
Regards Adrian
Old 29th September 2011, 21:37   #684
BHPian

Got probiker full protection gloves for Rs.470/- from Light House, Trivandrum. Are they good enough?

Name:  glove2.bmp
Views: 2325
Size:  485.2 KB

Last edited by n_aditya : 30th September 2011 at 12:21. Reason: edited to display image correctly.
Old 30th September 2011, 12:22   #685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
Got probiker full protection gloves for Rs.470/- from Light House, Trivandrum. Are they good enough?
Should suffice for city commutes. For longer rides and for highway use, pick up a pair of full leather gloves. Refer to my earlier posts on this thread for more info.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 16:36   #686
BHPian

Its been a month that I have got my bike. I am finding it difficult to ride without riding gear.
I wanted to buy the DSG Nero, but Orion motors does not have stock for my size.
I was educated that Leathers are better than Textile Jackets/Pants.
I found these on motorcycleclouseouts.com

Shift Gear, Shift Havoc Over the Boot Leather Textile Pants
Shift Fuse Hybrid Jacket - $149.95 closeout special! In stock NOW! :: MSRP: $279.95#
FieldSheer Sport Air Perforated Leather Pants - $169.99 closeout special! In stock NOW! :: MSRP: $289.99#

Please let me know your views on these. Are these good quality products? Or is there a catch in this deal?
These were like the cheapest leather jacket/pant available on the site.
All the other sites had more expensive products.
Old 30th September 2011, 16:49   #687
BHPian

Got myself a LS2 Piston Head helmet and also ordered a pair of DSG Revive gloves from Planet DSG. Settled on the Revive after reading all of Aditya's recommendations . These will replace my battered and tattered DSG Moto Mesh gloves.
Old 30th September 2011, 19:07   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Got myself a LS2 Piston Head helmet and also ordered a pair of DSG Revive gloves from Planet DSG. Settled on the Revive after reading all of Aditya's recommendations . These will replace my battered and tattered DSG Moto Mesh gloves.
How long did the Moto Mesh last? Do compare the Revive experience post the Moto Mesh..
Old 30th September 2011, 19:13   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayman360 View Post
How long did the Moto Mesh last? Do compare the Revive experience post the Moto Mesh..
Bought the Moto Mesh in December 2010, so they lasted 10 months. The left glove is still usable but the right one is pretty bad. I have used them for city riding only.
Old 13th October 2011, 11:07   #690
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Sidi Vertigo boots are home

Went for a short spin to test last night.They are extremely comfortable and confidence inspiring. Highly recommended for the quality and fit. Cost including shipping and duties turned out to be slightly less than 15K.

A pic off the net
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-vertigo.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks