Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2011, 20:01   #721
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
Budget is strictly under 3k.
Up the budget by 1K and you may have this Performance Racing Store. JOE ROCKET - GPX 2.0 GLOVES

I have a Yamaha gloves & they do quite well (Rs. 1,999 INR)

I am too pissed to open DSG's website.

Note from the Team-BHP Support:
Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by n_aditya : 16th November 2011 at 10:22. Reason: external link for uploaded pics removed.
Old 15th November 2011, 20:02   #722
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank

So, you are suggesting the revive as well. They are definitely worth it, it seems.

A* SMX-2 comes for 5.5k from DSG. And I am not that mad!

The only option I have in A* range are SMX gloves. They are priced at 3.5k through DSG. Though earlier they used to retail it for 2.5k only, if I remember correctly.

I could have added 500 bucks to my already stretched budget but then reviews about the SMX weren't so pleasing. Most of the guys were complaining about the poor quality and short life (5 to 6 months) of these gloves. That would be too expensive for my pocket to bear, considering the fact that my previous gloves were 'nakli' KTM from China for just 1.5k. Amazingly, they did last long (1.5 years).
actually I was suggesting you to check all the online stores and not necessarily DSG. This time of the year, you are bound to get deals including shipping.

On the revive I do not have first hand experience but I have seen Aditya's gloves up close and found them to be pretty good. More importantly they were snug fit which is how the leathers should be.
Old 15th November 2011, 23:20   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Up the budget by 1K and you may have this Performance Racing Store. JOE ROCKET - GPX 2.0 GLOVES

I have a Yamaha gloves & they do quite well, have a look (Rs. 1,999 INR) 100_0852.jpg picture by sheelpriye - Photobucket

I am too pissed to open DSG's website.
JR looks tempting for the price. But trust me, I am on a very tight budget. I might have to starve in the coming days if I choose to make any deal worth 4k. And I cannot wait much now. Previous gloves are all torn from everywhere. Because of which I can't ride with my jacket too as I look a bit silly. Must get new ones by this week itself.

Yamaha gloves sure seems good for the price. But again, riding RTR with R15 gloves would look out of place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
actually I was suggesting you to check all the online stores and not necessarily DSG. This time of the year, you are bound to get deals including shipping.

On the revive I do not have first hand experience but I have seen Aditya's gloves up close and found them to be pretty good. More importantly they were snug fit which is how the leathers should be.
Can you pin-point some of the websites?

And hey, no international stores please. The reason you might have already read above. I have only this week's time.

Otherwise, revive is going to be the obvious purchase as it saves me a few hundred bucks too. ;-)
Old 16th November 2011, 02:30   #724
BHPian

If you are open to other brands, you could take a look at RJays gloves.

RJays Gloves - BIKES I RIDING GEAR I PERFORMANCE ACCESSORIES I SPARES
prateekm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2011, 08:27   #725
Team-BHP Support

RJays are worth giving a look and Zulfi's response has been fantastic whenever asked for.

I myself have seen RJays helmet and the quality (suede & feel) seem on par with SparX and KBC.
Old 16th November 2011, 09:22   #726
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Can you pin-point some of the websites?

And hey, no international stores please. The reason you might have already read above. I have only this week's time.

Otherwise, revive is going to be the obvious purchase as it saves me a few hundred bucks too. ;-)
I was refering to international sites. The stores available locally will obviosuly charge whatever's possible to meet their profit levels and thus closeouts do not work out for them.

Why closeouts are everybody's favourites because even after shipping, duties you land up a bargain. And these are no bad stocks. They just make way for the new year's line up.

Anyway, for your future reference and for the others interested, listing some links. But they are no longer on discounts/closeouts.

Gloves > All Types > Alpinestars :: MotorcycleGear.com

ALPINESTARS Gloves-men - RidersDiscount.com

Alpinestars Gloves | SportbikeTrackGear.com

ALPINESTARS SMX-2 AIR CARBON GLOVES M MEDIUM MD BLACK NEW AC MOTORCYCLE | eBay

And since you are in a hurry, you can go ahead for DSG revive. I'm afraid I do not have any experience with Rjays.

And I'm glad that at your age you are quite matured to take the gear seriously. Spread the word with your buddies :-)

Last edited by JVH : 16th November 2011 at 09:32.
JVH is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2011, 18:15   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
RJays are worth giving a look and Zulfi's response has been fantastic whenever asked for.

I myself have seen RJays helmet and the quality (suede & feel) seem on par with SparX and KBC.
I am thinking to try the RJays' stuff for once for sure. Most probably going with the Canyon.

Quote:
I was refering to international sites. The stores available locally will obviosuly charge whatever's possible to meet their profit levels and thus closeouts do not work out for them.

Why closeouts are everybody's favourites because even after shipping, duties you land up a bargain. And these are no bad stocks. They just make way for the new year's line up.

Anyway, for your future reference and for the others interested, listing some links. But they are no longer on discounts/closeouts.

And since you are in a hurry, you can go ahead for DSG revive. I'm afraid I do not have any experience with Rjays.
Are you guys paying any duties for your international gears? Only thing that stops me from buying gears from these stores are duties and the time they take to deliver. Plus, the headache involved. I hope all this is solved now...

For the gloves, most probably going for the RJays. Slightly costlier than the revive but looks (and feels) good for the money.

Quote:
And I'm glad that at your age you are quite matured to take the gear seriously. Spread the word with your buddies :-)
Thanks JVH.

It happened only because of you guys. We see you guys and learn. This is perhaps the best lesson I have learned from Xbhp/Teambhp over the years.

When I got my bike. My buddies followed with more powerful P220s/ZMAs/R15s. Next, I bought LS2. Four of my friends followed again. Then, I got myself a riding jacket and two of them are already saving money. Now, as I am about to buy new gloves, two guys are ready with cash in hand and wait for my decision (Yes, I buy 3 pairs of gloves today or tomorrow; expecting some discount too!)

Be it peer-pressure or anything else, I am happy they are keeping up with me...;-)
Old 16th November 2011, 20:50   #728
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Are you guys paying any duties for your international gears? Only thing that stops me from buying gears from these stores are duties and the time they take to deliver. Plus, the headache involved. I hope all this is solved now...
Ofcourse! There is no escaping from that. A ballpark would be 30% on the MRP. In closeouts and on the juicy ones, like I said earlier the combined cost --> Closeout MRP+Shipping+Duties, most of the time turn out to be less than the original MRP. Not all will turn out to be great deals but if you do the Math correctly and have some patience, you will reap the rewards.

A query from my side -

How and where do you guys store the riding gears? My wife is pretty pissed that half of one of the cupboards is filled with that. Wanted to explore a compact bag which can help me in taking the gear wherever needed. Something like this

RS Taichi Gear Bag from SportbikeTrackGear.com

Last edited by JVH : 16th November 2011 at 21:06.
Old 17th November 2011, 09:46   #729
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

A query from my side -

How and where do you guys store the riding gears? My wife is pretty pissed that half of one of the cupboards is filled with that. Wanted to explore a compact bag which can help me in taking the gear wherever needed. Something like this

You had to bring this query up, don't you

Taichi gear-bag is a good option though.

I have got myself a formal suit cover (a size bigger). I keep my riding jacket in the space provided and hang it with other jackets/coats. My riding pant is pushed inside the cupboard or kept with other pants.

Problem arises when they aren't clean. I have kept the drawing-room for bikes. My helmet/bike/riding gear/paddock stand/Car wash-wax/magazines all stay in the couch & sofa and my parents are forced to entertain guests either in the living room or in the veranda. Wife? Shall tell you the rest of the story by the end of 2012
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2011, 11:12   #730
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Ajay (Strider) is suggesting this bag

ICON Squad II Back Pack Hi-Viz Yellow from SportbikeTrackGear.com

And Rahul (bluevolt) told me to check it out in local storage stores where one can get the trunks with lids. Am not sure how feasible they will be to transport.

Will check out if something is available locally this weekend and update. If nothing's here, will most probably go for Taichi.

P.S - You are pretty much like me during the good old Bachelor days ;-)
Old 17th November 2011, 13:05   #731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A query from my side -

Get a cricket kit bag if you have full leather suit. Comes in different sizes and looks the same as the RS Taichi bag. has trolley wheels and extendable handles. Will cost ~2K.

I dont have a suit, just a leather jacket. All the gear (gloves, knee pads, helmet, jacket, etc ) will fit nicely in a big Puma bag.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2011, 13:34   #732
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Get a cricket kit bag if you have full leather suit. Comes in different sizes and looks the same as the RS Taichi bag. has trolley wheels and extendable handles. Will cost ~2K.
Thanks! Any particular outlets I need to look into? 2K will be a bargain compared to Taichi.
Old 17th November 2011, 14:51   #733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Jayant,
If you plan something like this ICON, do check out Pin Ball Factory outlet, Opp Thaygarajanagar Police Station. They have varieties of bag pack. Its not specific to motorcycle but with similar functionality.
rk_sans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2011, 22:35   #734
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I found the Taichi bag to be better in terms of practicality (not factoring in the costs here)

Quote:
And Rahul (bluevolt) told me to check it out in local storage stores where one can get the trunks with lids. Am not sure how feasible they will be to transport.

Will check out if something is available locally this weekend and update. If nothing's here, will most probably go for Taichi.
Scour around places, but Taichi will be a better option + you can take the gears to a track conveniently that way.

Quote:
P.S - You are pretty much like me during the good old Bachelor days ;-)
My good days would be over before 2012 :( and I really hope for the best, err thats what I am left with, HOPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
This option sound nice too, definitely worth trying out. Though it won't have a dedicated lid carrying department with protection. Though a terry bag (fur bag with added sponge) shall do just as good I believe.
Old 25th November 2011, 11:38   #735
BHPian

This is a very good thread.
I'm looking for gloves, but my budget is up to 3K, max stretchable to 4K. Any good shops around South Delhi that I could check out that would have some nice options?
Am also looking for a nice helmet. I have one basic Taiwanese one for daily riding, looking for a better one for the weekend blast. Please suggest places in Delhi. Budget 3-4K. Could stretch to 5K for a really nice one. Or could I order these from abroad at a cheaper price? In that case I would probably spend the 5K and get something much better! AGV, HJC any other brands?

Most Viewed