Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2011, 10:40   #766
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

In preparation for CSS, I had ordered these a few weeks ago. Got them delivered last Saturday from STG.

It costed me a shade under 10K. Gloves were under closeout, hence the sweet deal
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-alpinestars_summer_road_racing_socks_600.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-psycleskin1complete.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-taichi_gp1_gloves_red_lg.jpg  

Old 12th December 2011, 12:03   #767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
In preparation for CSS, I had ordered these a few weeks ago. Got them delivered last Saturday from STG. It costed me a shade under 10K. Gloves were under closeout, hence the sweet deal
Nice pair of gloves Jayant.

Need to get a new pair myself. My Revive is coming apart on one of the fingers and on the thumb region on the left glove after 16,500 kms or 1.7 yrs of usage. :(

What's the function of the skin suit? I assume it keeps you cool under the leathers and absorbs sweat too?
Old 12th December 2011, 12:29   #768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
In preparation for CSS, I had ordered these a few weeks ago. Got them delivered last Saturday from STG.

It costed me a shade under 10K. Gloves were under closeout, hence the sweet deal
The gloves look awesome to be honest. Do send in the link from where you picked it up. So somebody is busy fishing for riding kits
Old 12th December 2011, 12:35   #769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayasok View Post
My kit

AGV S4-SV helmet, Dainese D-Air Jacket and Gloves, Falcon Riding Boots and Hein Gericke Touring Textile Trousers
Can you share the link from where you got the Falcon riding boots.
Old 12th December 2011, 12:37   #770
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
What's the function of the skin suit? I assume it keeps you cool under the leathers and absorbs sweat too?
Yes, precisely. During the Indimotard trackdays, where I was just wearing a T-shirt, I had trouble wearing and removing the jacket because of the sweat. So apart from what you have mentioned on keeping cool and absorbing sweat, it becomes pretty easy to wear and remove the suit. Anand and fellow track rider Vignesh (CBR 600RR) recommended this.

On the gloves, do check out the STG website, they still have closeout running
RS Taichi GP-1 Racing Gloves Red from SportbikeTrackGear.com

For that price, I highly recommend Taichi. Better than A* in fact.

Edit - Mahesh, above is the link.
JVH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 13:05   #771
BHPian

but sportbiketrack gear dont ship stuff to india is it?
Old 12th December 2011, 13:11   #772
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
but sportbiketrack gear dont ship stuff to india is it?
they definitely do. The whole shipment cost me $35. For bigger boxes (helmet), shipping will be around $50. For suits, its $60. Pretty fast too. Had ordered on 26th Nov and received on 10th Dec.

I was surprisingly not charged any duties on this one. But normally, it will be around 30% of the MRP.

Edit - the shipping is not calculated automatically in STG. During checkout, one has to specically enter shipping as a separate item in the cart and then check out. Its very well explained on their International shiiping page.

Last edited by JVH : 12th December 2011 at 13:14.
JVH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 13:36   #773
BHPian

Guys, I'm in the market for a pair of knee guards for wearing it daily to college. I'm on a pretty low budget of 1k-2k (please don't flame me, hardly any savings happen when in college! ). I already have a DSG Nero, so don't want a knee + elbow guard combo which can be seen on eBay. Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks!
Old 12th December 2011, 14:58   #774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Guys, I'm in the market for a pair of knee guards for wearing it daily to college. I'm on a pretty low budget of 1k-2k. I already have a DSG Nero, so don't want a knee + elbow guard combo which can be seen on eBay. Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks!
You might need to stretch your budget a wee bit for these.

Else, the replica (read as fake) Axo, Fox knee guards are available for around 1k but i wouldn't recommend it.
Old 15th December 2011, 13:58   #775
BHPian

Quote:
You might need to stretch your budget a wee bit for these.

Else, the replica (read as fake) Axo, Fox knee guards are available for around 1k but i wouldn't recommend it.
Aditya, which one do you recommend from the ones at the link? Will anyone of these be good with simple trousers, for a ride to work everyday, apart from wearing these over a pair of jeans on the weekends?

The FOX RACING TITAN RACE KNEE GUARD for 3700/- says that it offers zero restrictions - any idea what this means?

Couple of cheaper alternatives here: On The Rocks :: Products - Knee Guards & Protectors

I'm planning on ordering a DSG Nero, apart from the knee guards. Anything better at about 5-6k?
Old 15th December 2011, 14:30   #776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayman360 View Post
Aditya, which one do you recommend from the ones at the link? Will anyone of these be good with simple trousers, for a ride to work everyday, apart from wearing these over a pair of jeans on the weekends?

The FOX RACING TITAN RACE KNEE GUARD for 3700/- says that it offers zero restrictions - any idea what this means?

Couple of cheaper alternatives here: On The Rocks :: Products - Knee Guards & Protectors

I'm planning on ordering a DSG Nero, apart from the knee guards. Anything better at about 5-6k?
These should be good to wear for daily commutes. They dont seem bulky so you can wear them inside your denims or trousers or over them. I guess, that's what zero restriction is trying to imply.

AFAIK, On the Rocks is a bit on the higher side when it comes to prices. So you might want to check around.

The Fox Racing Titan Sport/Race knee guard looks pretty robust.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2011, 14:53   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayman360 View Post

Try the Rjays-Swift @ bachoomotors.com I got it for 6K, perfect jacket for Indian climates. 3700/- for a knee guard is a little steep. Check Cramster.in as well.
As a Hyderabadi, I would suggest you to avoid on the rocks because its way too overpriced. You can also visit Commercial Auto in Ranigunj, they are the South India dealers for Soyoco riding gear and you can bargain as well.
lazyrider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2011, 20:09   #778
BHPian

Quick update/review of my gloves.

It's been close to 20 days since I received my gloves from bachoo motors. And just after two long rides, one of 200km and other of 700km, the RJays are coming off its shape.

Rjays gummed labels on the palm area have started to come out. All stitches are well in shape though, so that's a relief. Apart from these quality issues, the gloves are great for short or long rides. They are sold as mesh gloves, but even in the freezing temperature of North India they are good and keep fingers warm all the time. Haven't crash tested them so far, so will stay away from commenting on safety. The knuckles are not CF as on other gloves in the same price range.

Before going for the Rjays, I tried for the more trusted Revive glove from DSG. The glove for S/M size was out of stock. And DSG never replied back to my query! It's been close to 1 month now and they still haven't replied me back on the stock. Wondering if Bachoo motors informed them that I had bought gloves from them?

One more thing, I need to know how to clean/wash/wipe dust off my riding jacket (textile)? I think I read it on Xbhp to simply take the liner and armor off the jacket and put it into the washing machine like normal clothes. Is it the right way?

Last time when I took the elbow and shoulder armor out of the jacket, it took me more than one hour to fix them back in the right place. And I plan not to repeat the same. Is there any touch-n-go sort of method?
Old 19th December 2011, 10:39   #779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
It's been close to 20 days since I received my gloves from bachoo motors. And just after two long rides, one of 200km and other of 700km, the RJays are coming off its shape.
Shivank, speak to Zulfi from Bachoo motors if required. The gloves will take the shape of your hands after a few rides so its not an issue. If you're facing any other issue then you probably must talk to Zulfi.

Mesh gloves are only suited for really short city rides. They do not provide adequate protection for highway rides / touring requirements. God forbid you have a fall, the mesh gloves will shred away in an instant. Always use leather gloves and if possible leather jackets and pants too.

Quote:
Before going for the Rjays, I tried for the more trusted Revive glove from DSG. The glove for S/M size was out of stock. And DSG never replied back to my query! It's been close to 1 month now and they still haven't replied me back on the stock. Wondering if Bachoo motors informed them that I had bought gloves from them?
Haha. Bachoo motors informing DSG? This is not a nexus my friend, that you bought something from one person so the other guy is miffed and doesn't want to do business with you.

For a fact, a lot of my buddies have been complaining about the dwindling response time and attitude of Planet DSG staff. You should speak to Vijay from DSG and escalate the issue. Let him know that you went with RJays because of his staff's attitude. At least, he'll know he lost some business to competition.

Quote:
One more thing, I need to know how to clean/wash/wipe dust off my riding jacket (textile)? I think I read it on Xbhp to simply take the liner and armor off the jacket and put it into the washing machine like normal clothes. Is it the right way?
I remove the protectors and dunk the jacket in the washing machine. If you want to avoid this, soak the jacket in a mild soap solution for an hour or two and lightly brush the dirty areas. Then rinse off with clean water and allow it to dry naturally.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 12:09   #780
BHPian

Quote:

They are sold as mesh gloves, but even in the freezing temperature of North India they are good and keep fingers warm all the time.
Quote:
Mesh gloves are only suited for really short city rides. They do not provide adequate protection for highway rides / touring requirements. God forbid you have a fall, the mesh gloves will shred away in an instant. Always use leather gloves and if possible leather jackets and pants too.
Oops, my bad, I mentioned the gloves as mesh before. A little correction as they are summer gloves instead of mesh. Aditya, it's a leather glove indeed. I had forgotten to mention this.

The gloves are fine and only the labels on palm are coming off. Will wait for other 10-15 days and examine other things like stitches et al. If there are some issues after this period, will definitely take the matter to Zulfi/Bachoo motors.

Quote:
Haha. Bachoo motors informing DSG? This is not a nexus my friend, that you bought something from one person so the other guy is miffed and doesn't want to do business with you.

For a fact, a lot of my buddies have been complaining about the dwindling response time and attitude of Planet DSG staff. You should speak to Vijay from DSG and escalate the issue. Let him know that you went with RJays because of his staff's attitude. At least, he'll know he lost some business to competition.
I am having no idea as to why DSG is not replying back? Seems Bachoo Motors is only one teasing them these days by showing their profits..

Quote:
I remove the protectors and dunk the jacket in the washing machine. If you want to avoid this, soak the jacket in a mild soap solution for an hour or two and lightly brush the dirty areas. Then rinse off with clean water and allow it to dry naturally.
So either ways, I have to take the armor out of it. I will follow the latter method though, otherwise logos on the jacket might come off while spinning in the machine.

And yes, thanks again!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks