Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2011, 14:47   #796
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
I have a pair of DSG revive gloves. They are starting to get a little dusty. Was wondering how to clean them up. Any suggestions?
See this.

Last edited by n_aditya : 26th December 2011 at 14:49.
Old 4th January 2012, 04:55   #797
BHPian

New Racing Kit

Berik 2piece and SIDI Vortice Road Racing Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Can you share the link from where you got the Falcon riding boots.
Actually found it in a garage sale in Geneva for about 25 CHF(about Rs 1000)
Attached Images

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th January 2012 at 12:32. Reason: Back to back posts. Please wait for 30 Mins before next post or use EDIT button to make changes to existing post.
akshayasok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2012, 09:58   #798
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayasok View Post
New Racing Kit

Berik 2piece and SIDI Vortice Road Racing Boots
Awesome! Mind sharing the cost and where you picked up from? Geneva?
Old 4th January 2012, 17:39   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH

Awesome! Mind sharing the cost and where you picked up from? Geneva?
Actually picked it up from a George White factory in Bolton UK, everything was on sale so got the boots for 150 quid and the leathers for 200 . Definitely pay it a visit if u come to the UK , they have branches all over , sort of like big bazaar for motorcycle gear. Spend hours in there www.georgewhite.co.uk
akshayasok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 21:01   #800
Senior - BHPian

My latest aquisition

Name:  ForumRunner_20120109_205956.png
Views: 3052
Size:  443.6 KB
Old 10th January 2012, 12:49   #801
Senior - BHPian

Hello guys,

My friend is going to take delivery of his RE Thunder bird tomorrow, He needs a good helmet and a riding jacket. His budget is around 15K for both. Which brand should I suggest and is there any good place in Eranakulam to buy these.

Regards,
Nandu.
Old 10th January 2012, 13:14   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu
Hello guys,

My friend is going to take delivery of his RE Thunder bird tomorrow, He needs a good helmet and a riding jacket. His budget is around 15K for both. Which brand should I suggest and is there any good place in Eranakulam to buy these.

Regards,
Nandu.
Suggested helmet Nuvo composite & DSG Nero jacket.
He could also get an A-star all weather if they still are on discount.
Check planetdsg.com.
nitin.rai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 13:15   #803
Senior - BHPian

My jacket - DriRider Apex

My pants - DriRider Nordic Hybrid Touring

My boots - RST Vortex II Waterproof Touring

My armor - Oxford HexaCore Max 7-plate Back Protector

My water supply - Camelbak Classic 2 L Hydration Pack

More complete upper body armor (to be worn under my leathers/jersey) - Thor Impact Rig SE

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Please click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Also, please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th January 2012 at 10:17. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 13:55   #804
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Hello guys,

Regards,
Nandu.
Theres only one place in Kerala to get riding gear - AutoQueen at Kaloor Junction, Cochin. Retailer for A*, DSG, Cramster, LS2, AGV etc:

I would suggest going in for a KBC / Sparx (not sure if they have it in stock) or an LS2 or AGV (the newer ones are there). For jackets, you have options between DSG & Cramster. Would recommend riding gloves as well. It should fit into his 15k budget.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 14:49   #805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
My jacket - DriRider Apex
Quote:
My pants - DriRider Nordic Hybrid Touring
Quote:
My armor - Oxford HexaCore Max 7-plate Back Protector
Quote:
My boots - RST Vortex II Waterproof Touring
Quote:
More complete upper body armor (to be worn under my leathers/jersey) - Thor Impact Rig SE
Ebonho, impressive set of riding gear buddy!! Care to share where you got the stuff from. Specially the riding jacket and pants. Are they both water proof and do they have protective armor in them (looks like they do in the pics). Please share the cost of each item if you dont mind. They really look good in the pics.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 15:15   #806
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
is there any good place in Eranakulam to buy these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Theres only one place in Kerala to get riding gear - AutoQueen at Kaloor Junction, Cochin.
Link to Auto Queen - AUTO QUEEN
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 15:30   #807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Ebonho, impressive set of riding gear buddy!! Care to share where you got the stuff from. Specially the riding jacket and pants. Are they both water proof and do they have protective armor in them (looks like they do in the pics). Please share the cost of each item if you dont mind. They really look good in the pics.
Thanks bro. All the stuff was picked up and got over by a friend from Australia - thankfully when the AUD was still 40 INR (except the Thor Impact Rig which I got this year when the rupee slid to almost 55 INR to 1 AUD). He's also a pretty serious biker and has 3 BMWs (the GS1200R super enduro, the K1300S track machine, and the G450X moto-crosser) back home.

At the time last year, the jacket, pants, and boots (all waterproof with CE rated built-in hi-density foam armor for the back, chest, shoulders, elbows, forearms, hips, tailbone, knees, and shins) cost me approximately 10K each, the back protector about 7K, and the Camelbak approx 3K.

DriRider is a pretty well-known Australian brand - though not so well known outside Australia. RST is a well known British gear manufacturer (my friend wears their jacket and pants and they are top grade stuff).

The Thor Impact Rig is about 11K now. The non-SE version which is cheaper does not have the built in double adjustable kidney belt. It does get a little hot though I have not used it much yet - the Oxford back protector is what I usually slip on (like a haversack - cinched around the waist) and is very comfortable though your T-shirt gets sweaty under it at the back over longer distances.

My friend picked these up recently for me as well from a garage sale (one racing season used) - should be getting them next month. Got them for about 8K (they retail for approx. 350-400 AUD out there new so they were a steal).

Alpinestars GPS3 Waterproof Road Racing / Touring Boots

Last edited by ebonho : 10th January 2012 at 15:52.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 20:26   #808
Senior - BHPian

Recently purchased LS2 Speed and Knighthood basic riding gloves. While I like the gloves more than the similar Scoyco gloves I have, the lid is much better than the Indian made AGV I have used in recent past. And light years ahead of the Vega Boolean I used for a couple of months recently.
Old 20th January 2012, 11:08   #809
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which Helmet? (Tips on buying a good helmet in post #78)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
@ Throttleking - No two ways about it, change your helmet.

@ SuunyBoi - Last Sunday I had gone to JC Road with a friend who wanted a new helmet. We went to Helmet Paradise where they showed us Sparx, KBC, Nuvo and HJC helmets and the prices were okay. We didnt bargain because my friend realised that he was getting the same Sparx helmet in Calcutta for 5.2k and ended up buying him a Nero jacket instead. It helped that I went in with my KBC, Nero and A* boots so the sales guy didnt try pulling off too much of sales mumbo jumbo The selection was pretty decent considering how small the market is.
Can you post pix of jacket and may we know the price?

http://www.planetdsg.com/dsg-nero-jacket-p-468.html ?

Last edited by Technocrat : 21st January 2012 at 02:15. Reason: Splitting post to helmet tread & riding gears thread :)
Old 20th January 2012, 12:17   #810
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which Helmet? (Tips on buying a good helmet in post #78)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Yes this is the one! It costs around 5500 bucks. Has really good armor. Comes with Winter/Rain protection liner which is removable. The jacket is pretty heavy and also not too breathable. Even without the liner you will feel cooked when standing at signals, B2B traffic etc with all vents open. But once you start moving it gets better

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks