Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2012, 22:08   #841
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Good buy Shubhankar. It is a mesh jacket which is good for abrasion resistance and since it has CE approved armor for elbow, shoulder and back protection, its a safe bet. The good thing about the Swift is that it provides good ventilation in summers and also provides adequate water proofing in the rains. I have the rain wear from RJays and it looks/feels exactly like what you have mentioned - Rexine cover. But it provides excellent water proofing as tested on long rides/city rides under pouring rain.

OT: Where is your Duke thread? Moved to Assembly line?
Yes Abhi - The product is good no doubt. Just that I wasn't ready to believe the multiple tags hanging on it. I didn't want an all weather jacket - too heavy - am a light person you know

I only wish the rexine had elastic or tags that could be pulled to tighten around the waist. And the rexine looks pretty ordinary too.

Yes my Duke thread has been moved to the Assembly line. I have requested them to move it back to the Motorbikes thread. I hope I am not missing something there or added something irrelevant (against the rules of the forum).
Old 2nd March 2012, 11:05   #842
BHPian

The doting sister tells me that this is on its way for me!

Tour Master :: Textile Jackets :: Transition Series 2 Jacket
Old 2nd March 2012, 12:27   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Made in Pakistan tag
Mine too. I have been using this for 2 months now and never noticed untill i read your post. Over all its a vfm jacket specially after price drop. I had paid 5999 in Oct last year.
Old 3rd March 2012, 22:24   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
70$ shipping for one Alpinestars leather Jacket, 1 pair of Hand glove, 1 pair of riding shoes, i think it's cheap, dont fall for sites calculation, send them enquery mail, they will sure come back to you with discounted prices and shipping charges.
Can you suggest few websites from where we can order gear..
Old 3rd March 2012, 22:51   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viraj_s85 View Post
Can you suggest few websites from where we can order gear..
If someone can get it for you while coming for US, then NewEnough and RevZilla have great prices and closeouts.

If you want to ship it on your own, check out RidersDiscount, they have a flat $25 shipping fee.
Old 4th March 2012, 17:00   #846
BANNED

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com
Shipping might be costly but send them mail for best offers and see the difference even after 70$ shipping cost.
Old 14th March 2012, 15:26   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Just got my RJays Swift jacket from Bachoo motors withing two days of ordering.
Made in Pakistan tag
May I know how much the jacket cost.
I was coated Rs.5500/- in Chennai.
It fitted well and was less heavier than cramster.
I tried the 2X size.
But I felt the cramster to be more heavier and stiffer, tougher to resist any kind of road impact, even the padding felt harder (not bendable like the Rjays)
I was told cramster is made in Bangalore !?
And Rjays are Australian brand made in China. Now I see Paksitan.
Was shopping at Velavan motors, Chennai

Suggestion on any other good jackets in the same price range and where to look for in Chennai.
Need to pick one before weekend.
Old 14th March 2012, 15:32   #848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster

May I know how much the jacket cost.
I was coated Rs.5500/- in Chennai.
It fitted well and was less heavier than cramster.
I tried the 2X size.
But I felt the cramster to be more heavier and stiffer, tougher to resist any kind of road impact, even the padding felt harder (not bendable like the Rjays)
I was told cramster is made in Bangalore !?
And Rjays are Australian brand made in China. Now I see Paksitan.
Was shopping at Velavan motors, Chennai

Suggestion on any other good jackets in the same price range and where to look for in Chennai.
Need to pick one before weekend.
I paid 5199+150 shipping directly from bachoo motors. Even I was hoping a Made in China :(
Old 16th March 2012, 15:40   #849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Suggestion on any other good jackets in the same price range and where to look for in Chennai. Need to pick one before weekend.
DSG has some mesh jackets for same/slightly lesser price range. These are good for summer heat and also offer good protection. Not sure where you can look in Chennai though - sorry. You can order online. DSG Nero is a good option too but you will get cooked in the summer if you are using it in city in traffic.
Old 16th March 2012, 16:12   #850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
DSG Nero is a good option too but you will get cooked in the summer if you are using it in city in traffic.
now i carry only the raw materials for my lunch; the cooking happens en-route to office

however, like Adi says - its better to sweat than to bleed..
Old 20th March 2012, 11:17   #851
Senior - BHPian

Re: How To: Clean your motorcycle helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Just remove them and soak them in warm water to which a mild detergent (shampoo also works well) has been added. Do not wring them after rinsing but drip dry them in the shade. Dont dry them in a dryer also.
Aditya,
Does this hold good for cleaning even gloves? With summer stepping in and my wet palms was thinking of putting them into the washing machine for a proper wash. Let me know if you have any idea else will try the one which you have mentioned above. Mine is a DSG leather one though.
Old 20th March 2012, 11:38   #852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Aditya, Does this hold good for cleaning even gloves? With summer stepping in and my wet palms was thinking of putting them into the washing machine for a proper wash. Let me know if you have any idea else will try the one which you have mentioned above. Mine is a DSG leather one though.
Mahesh, if your gloves are constructed using leather you can use a leather cleaner and conditioner to restore them to their original glory. Please see this.

Avoid using water to clean the gloves since it will cause the leather to deteriorate much faster - cracking, peeling, etc.

So what happens when you encounter rains while riding with leather gear? Use lots of news paper or toilet paper to stuff the gloves and boots so they absorb as much moisture as possible. Then leave them to dry naturally in the shade (never in the sun or in a clothes dryer) and use the conditioner as suggested.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2012, 11:46   #853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Aditya,
Does this hold good for cleaning even gloves? With summer stepping in and my wet palms was thinking of putting them into the washing machine for a proper wash. Let me know if you have any idea else will try the one which you have mentioned above. Mine is a DSG leather one though.
Mahesh, the one you have is DSG Acqua right? I believe, that is not fully leather like DSG Revive, it is also made of some fabric material with some portion being leather. You would want to test a small position of it before dipping the whole gloves into the water.
Old 20th March 2012, 11:53   #854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Mahesh, the one you have is DSG Acqua right? I believe, that is not fully leather like DSG Revive, it is also made of some fabric material with some portion being leather. You would want to test a small position of it before dipping the whole gloves into the water.
Santosh,
True only the palm area is leather and the rest are fabric material. The inner stuff is again padded with fabric. Problem would be the sweaty palms and they end up with odour after 4-5 hours of prolonged usage. Usually post rides i let them out in the shades for them to dry out. Else i might have to dump the existing ones and go in for something that's completely leather or fabric so that cleaning is not an issue.
Will however try out what you have suggested to check how it works.
Old 20th March 2012, 12:01   #855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Mahesh, if your gloves are constructed using leather you can use a leather cleaner and conditioner to restore them to their original glory. Please see this.
Are there any Indian makes available easily here? I have never been able to find these leather conditioners, water-proofers, etc. and usually land up using "mochi grade" white nourishing cream (blue box - Pelican brand) on my leathers once in a season. And my leathers have held up pretty ok in spite of some monsoon drenchings as well (close to 7 years now).

Last edited by ebonho : 20th March 2012 at 12:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks