Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2012, 12:48   #886
BHPian

Re: A* vs RJays vs DSG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurtazaGhiya View Post
The velcro strips on my A* jackets came off the plastic strap in 2 days flat. Will post a pic so you guys can understand what I mean. Expensive gear does not necessarily mean best in terms of quality.
Pics of the strap.

The Riding Gear thread-img_0610.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-img_0611.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-img_0613.jpg
Old 25th April 2012, 22:19   #887
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

^^ +1 Top brand doesn't always mean top quality. This was realized by my fellow rider who had bought an A* jacket and the logo itself was almost falling off (mind you its a new jacket and he was using it on his second ride)
Old 26th April 2012, 12:46   #888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurtazaGhiya View Post
Pics of the strap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
^^ +1 Top brand doesn't always mean top quality.
With so many fakes in the market its almost impossible to distinguish between the genuine ones and the fake stuff.

Best bet is to buy from Performance Racing Store. Their products are 100% genuine.

If you come across heavily discounted stuff from A* and other brands stay away. Quality comes at a price.

@Murtaza - sir, you might want to ask the seller to replace the gloves with a new pair. Cramster was at least nice enough to exchange my two time worn jacket for a new one but the new one also had the velcros peeling off. Had to buy a velcro strip and stitch it onto the original straps. BTW, where did you buy these gloves from? Just curious.

Last edited by n_aditya : 26th April 2012 at 12:47.
Old 26th April 2012, 13:09   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
With so many fakes in the market its almost impossible to distinguish between the genuine ones and the fake stuff.

Best bet is to buy from Performance Racing Store. Their products are 100% genuine.

If you come across heavily discounted stuff from A* and other brands stay away. Quality comes at a price.

@Murtaza - sir, you might want to ask the seller to replace the gloves with a new pair. Cramster was at least nice enough to exchange my two time worn jacket for a new one but the new one also had the velcros peeling off. Had to buy a velcro strip and stitch it onto the original straps. BTW, where did you buy these gloves from? Just curious.
Aditya, don't call me sir man!

The pic is of the A* jacket and the strap is the one that we have on the sleeve. I bought a jacket from someone who got it from the UK. Posting a pic of the jacket:
The Riding Gear thread-38916_10150219790400790_863235789_13738883_7207821_n.jpg
Old 1st May 2012, 13:00   #890
BHPian

Hey guys! Is the Dainese Knee V Guard a good knee protector?? It is priced at $69. Is it worth it, or are there better alternatives? I need ones that can be worn inside regular pants. Suggestions anyone?

Attaching a link and a picture below.

Dainese Knee V Guard - RevZilla
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-64411dainesegenouilleresperformancenoir.jpg  

Old 1st May 2012, 15:06   #891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
Hey guys! Is the Dainese Knee V Guard a good knee protector?? It is priced at $69..
Not specific to knee guards but Dainese in general make robust riding gear. Fellow member JVH has got the Dainese riding pants and jacket, so you can check if he can throw some light on the products.

You can also look at A* Bionic knee guards which are a good alternative albeit slightly costlier.
abhinav.s is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2012, 12:41   #892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
Is it worth it, or are there better alternatives? I need ones that can be worn inside regular pants. Suggestions anyone?
Description mentions Knee and Shin area is tested and certified to meet EN 1621-1 standards.

Motorcycle armor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EN1621-1:1998

Go ahead with the purchase.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2012, 13:59   #893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Not specific to knee guards but Dainese in general make robust riding gear.
You can also look at A* Bionic knee guards which are a good alternative albeit slightly costlier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Description mentions Knee and Shin area is tested and certified to meet EN 1621-1 standards.

Go ahead with the purchase.
Thanks for the reply guys! I did check out the A* Bionic knee guards, but they were a little more expensive. I'll be getting the Dainese guards along with a few other goodies by the end of this month. Will post pics once I get them.
Old 11th May 2012, 19:18   #894
Senior - BHPian

Riding Pant

There was some discounts on this pant couple of months ago, so ordered it and my cousin bought it from US. Material is pretty good but the protectors are not so great but definitely better than wearing a jeans pant for riding.
Cost - $49 (so cannot accept anything better for the price)
Brand - Unknown
Website - Motorcycle Helmets, Motorcycle Jackets, Leather Jacket & Leather Pants

The Riding Gear thread-img_2535.jpg
Old 12th May 2012, 10:41   #895
Senior - BHPian

Very decent buy for that price. Most decent pants are $150 upwards.
Old 21st May 2012, 08:23   #896
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
In preparation for CSS, I had ordered these a few weeks ago. Got them delivered last Saturday from STG.
It was only last week that I got to test the gloves and the socks. The socks are very comfy and a must buy IMO over full length boots like Sidi, A*, Dainese or Puma. The gloves were a little tight in the beginning because they weren't broken in but am now getting used to it. Protection offered for the price of $89 is splendid. Much better than the A* I had earlier (though they were short gauntlet) in terms of feel, fit and finish.
Old 21st May 2012, 20:26   #897
BHPian

As I mentioned a few pages back, I need to buy waterproof pants having knee guards/armour attached. Is there any option apart from the Rjays? My budget is 6500 max. Rjays doesn't have my size in stock. I need to make the purchase within 2 days.
Old 23rd May 2012, 10:28   #898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
As I mentioned a few pages back, I need to buy waterproof pants having knee guards/armour attached. Is there any option apart from the Rjays? My budget is 6500 max. Rjays doesn't have my size in stock. I need to make the purchase within 2 days.
Take a look at this. It's 100% waterproof but slightly over your budget.
Old 3rd June 2012, 16:08   #899

Hi,

Is there any shop in Kolkata where I can buy riding gears (Jacket, knee/elbow armour etc.).

Thanks.
Old 6th June 2012, 16:26   #900
Senior - BHPian

Guys, the rains are here and sadly, I still have to commute to office on a bike - with a laptop. I've got a rain jacket that will suffice and a rain cover for the laptop. However, the pants that came with the jacket is small and short. I am looking for a comfortable pair of pants that are waterproof and will work as overpants so that I can wear my office clothes under em. Any pointers?

Wouldn't mind paying a bit for them - upto 2k would be fine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks