Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2012, 12:35   #946
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
Looks interesting. Did a google search, looks like they're the ProBiker MCS01? Where in Pune? I might be heading to DSG on MG Road for the Revive gloves, on n_aditya's recommendation, and might pick up these as well. I hope they come in plain black too though

Cheers,
Rahul
They come in red, blue, and black, but my size (XXL) was only in blue. Plus mine has the "Monster Energy" graphics all over instead of the Probiker metal tag/graphics.

Its a small shop in Nana Peth which also sells motocross mudguards etc. (had gone there to pick one such up when I saw these, so picked them up as well). Don't remember the name.
Old 2nd July 2012, 13:42   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Glad I've been able to help Tejus.

I'd recommend the DSG revive in lieu of the Cramster. I've been using the Revive for over 2 years now (~22,000 kms) and they have performed very well.

Can vouch DSG Revive anywhere; 29K kms on my CBR & some 6-7K on my Rx in one year & 2-3 months & my revive has been soaked in water twice & I'm quite confident it can with stand for another 3K very easily. .
Thanks guys. My friend and I have been using Cramster MX-3 for over a year now. Mine are in a pretty bad shape after around 16,000 kms. We'll give the DSG Revive a try today and most probably pick up a pair each

Last edited by tejus.s : 2nd July 2012 at 13:44.
Old 3rd July 2012, 09:05   #948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
But did the "rain" test in the shower. Pants work great - not a drop of water seeped in.
@naveenroy - Did you get a chance to try out pants in actual rain? Would appreciate if you can share your experience.

take care and ride safely
Old 3rd July 2012, 10:57   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Agree 100%, but textile ones can be used in the wet without becoming a squidgy mass, and they also dry quickly, which is a big advantage in the monsoons (now we just need some rain ....).

For city riding, I prefer these over the bulky leather ones. Good air flow and knuckle protection. Easy to put on and take off. Not bulky so can keep wearing them at fuel stops, get wallet/credit card out of pockets, use the mobile. Anti-slip palm with mount of venus protection pad. And got them for just 300 bucks.
I have the same gloves. Has been serving me well for nearly a year now.
It fits pretty ok and is comfortable enough for long rides. I have had good experience with them in the Mumbai rains last year too.
Old 3rd July 2012, 11:07   #950
BHPian

Could someone let me know where one can purchase helmets, riding jackets and knee guards in Goa ?
Old 3rd July 2012, 11:14   #951
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsarmaniac View Post
I have the same gloves. Has been serving me well for nearly a year now.
It fits pretty ok and is comfortable enough for long rides. I have had good experience with them in the Mumbai rains last year too.
A little more padding/inserts on the palm would have been nice. But they are very neat for the price. In the city, at those speeds, you hope you will not come off, and the traffic means that you need something you will not sweat in. Once you get used to wearing any gloves, you feel very odd not wearing anything on your hands while riding. The grip on the handlebar just does not feel right. So these gloves are perfect for that in terms of having something on, if for nothing more than just the grip rather than the protection per se.

Last edited by ebonho : 3rd July 2012 at 11:15.
Old 3rd July 2012, 12:55   #952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkavthekar

@naveenroy - Did you get a chance to try out pants in actual rain? Would appreciate if you can share your experience.

take care and ride safely
Nope. No rains in Bangalore yet! Will keep you guys posted
Old 3rd July 2012, 13:34   #953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkenkare View Post
Could someone let me know where one can purchase helmets, riding jackets and knee guards in Goa ?
Dream Sporting Gear (DSG) has an outlet in Goa. The address as quoted on their website, is:

Performance Stroke, G/11, Alice Apartments, Near RTO, Arlem, Margao. Telephone: 96370 92520.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Rahul
voodoochild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 18:21   #954
BANNED

With the monsoons around the corner, my office commute will become a messy squelchy affair unless I purchase proper rain gear for biking, not only in the city but also on the highway.

I tried various unbranded raincoats in one and two pieces but they either wear out too fast or are not comfortable.

Can someone suggest a good quality rain gear for the upper and lower body please? Most posts here either suggest something for the upper body and something else for the lower. Is it not possible to get something which is a pair? Also, I ride a bullet so would prefer something which is sedate and goes with the bike, if possible.

Quote:
But did the "rain" test in the shower. Pants work great - not a drop of water seeped in.
Naveen, I too am thinking of ordering a pair of those pants for myself but want to know how to protect my upper body from the rain? What do you use?

Last edited by n_aditya : 4th July 2012 at 16:30. Reason: posts merged
Old 3rd July 2012, 18:59   #955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
With the monsoons around the corner, my office commute will become a messy squelchy affair unless I purchase proper rain gear for biking, not only in the city but also on the highway.

I tried various unbranded raincoats in one and two pieces but they either wear out too fast or are not comfortable.

Can someone suggest a good quality rain gear for the upper and lower body please? Most posts here either suggest something for the upper body and something else for the lower. Is it not possible to get something which is a pair? Also, I ride a bullet so would prefer something which is sedate and goes with the bike, if possible.
Duckback rain suits. They have really nice lightweight modern ones now. Pretty pricey though.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 19:05   #956
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Duckback rain suits. They have really nice lightweight modern ones now. Pretty pricey though.
Are they available online? Tried to search but in vain.

Price is ok if they last long and are really water proof.
Old 4th July 2012, 11:20   #957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

No idea bro. Its Duckback. Generic for raincoats like Bata is to shoes. Available all over India. Small shops and big.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 13:43   #958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Naveen, I too am thinking of ordering a pair of those pants for myself but want to know how to protect my upper body from the rain? What do you use?
I have the rain coat from a set that I had bought years back. I also wear a regular cloth jacket to office so that will save me from the rain. But guess you can get a jacket from the same material as the pants. Looked around in the same site?

How about these - they look perfect - Buy Btwin Cycling Rain gear RAIN JACKET Online
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 14:22   #959
BHPian

Quote:

I guess you can try to contact them here
MurtazaGhiya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 15:25   #960
BANNED

Quote:
I have the rain coat from a set that I had bought years back. I also wear a regular cloth jacket to office so that will save me from the rain. But guess you can get a jacket from the same material as the pants. Looked around in the same site?

How about these - they look perfect - Buy Btwin Cycling Rain gear RAIN JACKET Online
They do look good but they are only for the upper body, how to I protect my lower body, especially the ankles and shoes that are prone to slush and water from my bike's tires?

The pants that you purchased, are they effective?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurtazaGhiya View Post
I guess you can try to contact them here
Thanks, I tried their website but the rain suits they have are not Duckback. I will go to their store this weekend and try it out though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks