Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2013, 12:33   #1081
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Bought a couple of Spartan Helios jackets (one for the wife and one for me) from Let's Gear Up in HSR Layout, Bangalore.
A friend of mine is looking for the Helios, but she's not too sure of the sizes. Could you figure out the size of your wife's jacket?

Also, would anyone know if Spartan jackets are available in stores in Pune?

Last edited by voodoochild : 9th January 2013 at 12:36.
Old 11th January 2013, 15:10   #1082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
A friend of mine is looking for the Helios, but she's not too sure of the sizes. Could you figure out the size of your wife's jacket?

Also, would anyone know if Spartan jackets are available in stores in Pune?
My wife got a 'M' sized jacket. She tried out S but it was too tight so she went for the M size.
Old 15th January 2013, 18:46   #1083
BHPian

Can some one please point me to a good conditioner for leather riding gear? Thanks in advance.
Have been suggested either Eagle One or Meguiar's Gold Class Leather Spray by a friend who stays in the US, but I don't have anyone coming over sometime soon. So my only option is getting something that's available here.

Last edited by dreamseller : 15th January 2013 at 18:53.
Old 16th January 2013, 08:35   #1084
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post
Can some one please point me to a good conditioner for leather riding gear? Thanks in advance.
Have been suggested either Eagle One or Meguiar's Gold Class Leather Spray by a friend who stays in the US, but I don't have anyone coming over sometime soon. So my only option is getting something that's available here.
Any car accessory shop will have a leather conditioner spray bottle.

I bought a spray bottle of Eagle1 Leather conditioner from one such car accessory shop many years back and it works perfectly for my leather boots and gloves.

Just spray the liquid onto the leather garment and wipe off with a microfiber towel.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2013, 12:04   #1085
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Any car accessory shop will have a leather conditioner spray bottle.

I bought a spray bottle of Eagle1 Leather conditioner from one such car accessory shop many years back and it works perfectly for my leather boots and gloves.

Just spray the liquid onto the leather garment and wipe off with a microfiber towel.
Why not simply use polish or nourishing cream meant for shoes? I have been doing that for years now (Pelican brand) for all my leathers - jacket, pants, gloves, boots.
Old 20th January 2013, 21:56   #1086
BHPian

Guys please help me decide between the following 3 jackets
1. Rjays jetstream II
2. Rjays octane and
3. joe rocket alter ego 3.0

I live in andaman islands and monsoons here witness heavy downpour.

I am also looking for bluetooth attached helmet. Please suggest guys. Preferably Mumbai as I'll be visiting on 25 and 26th Jan.
Old 22nd January 2013, 11:10   #1087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinegopi View Post
1. Rjays jetstream II
2. Rjays octane and

I am also looking for bluetooth attached helmet. Please suggest guys. Preferably Mumbai as I'll be visiting on 25 and 26th Jan.
Pick any of the above jackets. They are quite good but i would suggest the Jetstream over the Octane since the material is thicker than that of the Octane, and hence will provide better protection.

See this and this. You can buy bluetooth headsets/communication kits from Performance Racing Store. They stock the Scala brand which is THE best you can buy.
Old 22nd January 2013, 11:57   #1088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinegopi View Post
1. Rjays jetstream II
2. Rjays octane and

I don't know about the other two jackets but a friend of mine uses Jetstream II and it's pretty good during the rain. Recently we went for a ride in heavy rainfall and after 2 hours of riding in rain he was bone dry whereas I was wet from my arms. But compared to my Scoyco JK-27, the armour of Jetstream II seems pretty flimsy. I suggest you have a look at Spartan progear too. And as for bluetooth communication kit, Aditya has already posted a few links!
Old 22nd January 2013, 13:20   #1089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
You know you have got yourself a great lid if the only worry is that the white isn't in sync with the rest of the gear or the bike

For the record, over the years I have corrected my helmet size all the way from a XXXL HJC to a size Medium Arai! I always bought the largest available size due owing to my religious head gear, but this time around besides a wee bit less vertical height, the fit is pretty dang perfect!

Have a look:

Wow! What a beauty!! Any more details as to how and much and from where will be appreciated..

Last edited by manson : 22nd January 2013 at 14:25.
Old 22nd January 2013, 14:23   #1090
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Wow.. What a beauty.. Any more details as to how and much and from where will be appreciated..
It retails here for 38K at PRS but I ordered my Vector II off a closeout deal on ebay.com as the marker graphics were at the end of their 2012 season and MPower obliged to carry it down for me last month
manson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2013, 21:55   #1091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
My Woodlands don't seem to be combating the rains too well. I'm on a shoestring budget now, and my prime focus is waterproof riding shoes. Any reviews about ::Orazo:: ? I can't extend my budget above 3000.
Hey Prateek. The best models which Orazo has on offer is the Orazo Picus (8 inches lace up) or Coot (5 inches lace up). Picus by far us their largest selling model and most preferred by motorcycle riders. The boots offer a reasonably good amount of protection. The initial feel when you wear them will definitely be stiff. But that the case with all steel toe boots initially. As you wear them they loosen up and adjust to the shape of your foot. For the price point that you are looking for, they are the best bet. Alternatively, if you have anyone coming down from the US you must also look at Caterpillar boots. Amazon offers some really good deals on Cat boots, so no harm in checking them out.
REManiac78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2013, 23:52   #1092
BHPian

Riding jackets available for less than $100 price bracket.

Its discounts / closeouts galore on some of the prominent web sites retailing motorcycle riding gear in the US. Speed and Strength happens to be one amongst my favorite brands and they currently have some good deals going on.Check out the URL for more details -

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...le_jacket.html

This jacket is currently on offer @ $79. Even at the present exchange rates, this jacket is a real steal.

The second one is a textile jacket from the same brand -

http://www.compacc.com/p/Speed-and-S...Textile-Jacket

This is currently on offer @ $99

So if any of you have your relatives / friends coming down from the US, this is a "must have".

Both the above-mentioned web sites - Competition Accessories & Motorcycle Gear are prompt and competent when it comes to delivery and customer service. However, before placing the order, do go through the sizing charts just to be doubly sure. I've experienced the sadness of ordering the wrong size and shipping it back to the US for an exchange and again re-importing into India. But the effort was worth it

Alternatively you can even look for local courier company who import from the US to India. Since I'm from Mumbai, I've come across a couple of good courier company's offering very competitive rates to bring the consignment via courier mail to India, and trust me their charges are way cheaper compared to the shipping charges offered by any of these web sites. Charges are typically up to Rs. 500 per kilo. Some of them will even clear the consignment for you without paying any customs duty. They only collect handling charges which is again minimal. Delivery time to India is typically 1 week after the consignment is picked up from the location in US.

Please observe calculation of weight done. It may happen that the item weight is 1 kilo. But due to the size of the package (in terms of volume), the package will calculated @ 3 kilos. Typically packages in the US are packed in cardboard boxes. Volumetric weight is calculated based on - Length x Width x Height / 5000. So after the consignment is packed, be sure to check the final weight based on the above details. This is what decides your final landed cost into the country.
REManiac78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2013, 12:02   #1093
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by REManiac78 View Post
Riding jackets available for less than $100 price bracket.
I have had amazing experiences with Revzilla - www.revzilla.com and www.kneedraggers.com a.k.a http://www.motosport.com/motorcycle?...63ca69395ded61

Revzill does ship to India and so does another site called www.jafrum.com (though I haven't tried them)

I have bought tonnes of stuff from Revzilla during my multiple short visits to the US and their customer service has been exemplary to state the least!

Last edited by bblost : 23rd January 2013 at 12:08. Reason: Please avoid quoting large posts in full. Thanks.
Old 23rd January 2013, 13:00   #1094
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Revzill does ship to India and so does another site called www.jafrum.com (though I haven't tried them)
Any idea how much does Revzilla charge for shipments to India?
Old 23rd January 2013, 13:11   #1095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Any idea how much does Revzilla charge for shipments to India?
Aditya - the charges are again based on the size and weight of the shipment. But I guess the shipping to India hovers around $50 mark.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks