Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2013, 21:06   #1111
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
For international shipping I think they want the order to be $300 or over?
Never got to check on the minimum order value for international orders. When I last checked, they only told me to select products - add to the cart, get in touch with their "international shipping" dept and they will provide an estimate and then we could go about completing the order if the shipping charges are agreeable to the buyer.

When I checked on a pair of riding boots (which was close to $200), they estimated the shipping charges to be around $60.
Old 7th February 2013, 06:25   #1112
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 8th February 2013 at 13:57.
marinegopi is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th February 2013, 09:27   #1113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Gopi Sir - is that a double D ring chin strap lock or a clip on type?
That looks like a clip type buckle with a quick release system (like the one in the LS2's). It's definitely not a double D ring.
Old 7th February 2013, 09:40   #1114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

That looks like a clip type buckle with a quick release system (like the one in the LS2's). It's definitely not a double D ring.
Thought as much. Do HJC's come with the QRS as standard?
Old 7th February 2013, 09:46   #1115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post

Gopi Sir - is that a double D ring chin strap lock or a clip on type?
Pls no sir. Just gopi is fine

It's a clip type with quick release as Aditya has pointed out
Old 8th February 2013, 14:42   #1116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinegopi View Post
Pls no sir. Just gopi is fine

It's a clip type with quick release as Aditya has pointed out
Thanks for the pictures. Eagerly waiting your review on the helmet, the comfort factor, high speed stability and quality of paddings etc.

If I can stretch my budget, then I may go in for this lid else I will settle for a SparX or SOL.
Old 8th February 2013, 17:13   #1117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post

Thanks for the pictures. Eagerly waiting your review on the helmet, the comfort factor, high speed stability and quality of paddings etc.

If I can stretch my budget, then I may go in for this lid else I will settle for a SparX or SOL.
You are welcome. As far as the review is concerned it all depends on when I get my new bike. I now have a helmet, pair of gloves but no bike. Anyways the helmet seemed comfortable for the few minutes I wore it.
Got it from performance racing store in Mumbai. They have a tape to measure head size and suggest the perfect size.
Old 8th February 2013, 19:29   #1118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinegopi View Post
You are welcome. As far as the review is concerned it all depends on when I get my new bike. I now have a helmet, pair of gloves but no bike. Anyways the helmet seemed comfortable for the few minutes I wore it.
Got it from performance racing store in Mumbai. They have a tape to measure head size and suggest the perfect size.

Now that is a smart thing to do.

PS:- SparX helmets are now available almost everywhere in the 6k-6.5k range. Sounds like a good option for someone upgrading from a LS2 or the likes. SOL and SparX are probably the only options in that range.
Old 8th February 2013, 21:20   #1119
BHPian

Hope I don't have to shelve the riding gear for long. Let's hope.

But I actually didn't get the Vega V tune bluetooth helmet
Old 10th February 2013, 19:50   #1120
Team-BHP Support

With reluctance, I have to let go buying myself a pair of Sidi mesh riding shoe as PRS for some reason wasn't able to procure it. I was trying since December.

I have personally inspected RJays Jackets & Helmets (in the initial days in May '10) & they appeared good. I have decided to go in for the RJays Sprint Boots. Any of you have worn one? How is the comfort level like? Can anyone provide a better photograph of it than the one available at Bachoo Motors?

Thanks
Old 10th February 2013, 20:37   #1121
Team-BHP Support

Chanced upon these while browsing. Any information on these? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Old 11th February 2013, 08:38   #1122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I have decided to go in for the RJays Sprint Boots. Any of you have worn one? How is the comfort level like? Can anyone provide a better photograph of it than the one available at Bachoo Motors?

Thanks
I would suggest you to go with some better brands, Sheel. At least the Alpinestars if not the Sidi's or the Gaerne's. Quality comes at a price and you'll be happy with the slight premium over the long run.

The Sprint boots are comfy, have worn them and walked around but not ridden with them. But my suggestion is to get a pair of boots with good shin protection. Alpinestars touring boots for example are comfortable and not as "tight" as racing / track boots. Go with something that offers maximum safety features.
Old 11th February 2013, 10:51   #1123
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I would suggest you to go with some better brands, Sheel. At least the Alpinestars if not the Sidi's or the Gaerne's. Quality comes at a price and you'll be happy with the slight premium over the long run.

The Sprint boots are comfy, have worn them and walked around but not ridden with them. But my suggestion is to get a pair of boots with good shin protection. Alpinestars touring boots for example are comfortable and not as "tight" as racing / track boots. Go with something that offers maximum safety features.
Aditya, frankly there are very few options as regards to my usage.

I will have to wear that shoe for close to 12 hours everyday & I don't think that save for a mesh pair, I can think of anything else.

DSG doesn't have one in stock & I really do not think I shall go with them as they haven't been able to reply to my query either by mail or via their web-page.

I won't be much riding in it & at best they shall be short commutes. Once I start riding again, I shall go for proper boots.

If you found them okay, I shall be ordering it in a couple of days.
Old 13th February 2013, 23:42   #1124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reswaran View Post
I met with an accident in Oct and if not for my LS2 and Cramster gloves, things would have been a lot worse. Anyway, long story short, i suffered multiple fractures in my left forearm.

To ride again, I need to make 100% sure the left forearm is fully protected from refracture. The jacket I have has CE armor elbow inserts, but the forearm area is still unprotected. Any suggestions on what I can use to protect my forearm?

Thanks!
It would be best for you to opt for the Knox Cross Elbow Guard (long). The application for this guard is towards any form of motorcycle riding (street / race / cruising). In Bombay, it is sold by Outdoortravelgear. Retail price for this piece is Rs. 3750. You can get their contact details from JustDial. They even ship across India at an additional charge, depending on the place of destination. With this piece, I'm sure you can't go wrong.
REManiac78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 01:21   #1125
BHPian

Hi everyone,

Need your feedback on the following pairs of gloves:

1) Cramster TRG2
2) DSG Primal
3) DSG Vector

I have copied the gloves' features from their websites for a quick comparo:

TRG-2 -> Professional Racing Gloves - Full Gauntlet

- Carbon Kevlar® Reinforced Knuckle (by Shoeller/Keprotec)
- Knuckle Under Pad for Extra Comfort+Protection
-Carbon Dotted Pinkie Finger Protection
-Carbon Dotted in Thumb Finger
-Triple Strap Wrist Closure
-All round wrist Protection
-3 Carbon Protective Air Vents Knuckles
-Wipe Strip
-Stretching Leather Panels @ Wrist | Finger

DSG Primal Gloves

Constructed with premium grade leather to provide the utmost feel & control.
Carbon Fibre knuckles protection
Carbon Fibre protection for little finger.
Flexi-fit fingers for comfort fit.
Air Vents on fingers to provide air flow.
Special Abrasion Resistant palm protection.
Dual Velcro wrist closure to ensure gloves do not come off in case of a fall.
Keprotec Fabric: a product of Schoeller Switzerland, is five times stronger than steel per gram& used in the manufacture to provide
Frictional Resistance
Heat Resistance
Weather resistance

DSG Vector Gloves

Constructed with premium grade leather to provide the utmost feel & control.
Molded polyurethane knuckle with TPR finger protection Leather construction.
Extended gauntlet with hook-and-loop closure
Dual Velcro wrist closure to ensure gloves do not come off in case of a fall.
Palm area features premium quality full grain leather.
Flexi-fit fingers for comfort fit.

Now, I am more inclined towards Cramster (a friend is using those and seems very satisfied, plus, Reswaran's post helps too! Hope your forearm is better mate?). They have dealers here in Delhi so I can try them on before first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reswaran View Post
I met with an accident in Oct and if not for my LS2 and Cramster gloves, things would have been a lot worse..

Thanks!
But I have also heard good things about DSG Primal, so a little confused now.

Have not heard much about DSG Vector but they 'look' premium to me in the pics. But I remember seeing a post here where the user had written that the fit and finish of DSG Primal is much better than DSG Vector's?

I could gather that none of these is water-proof but I would like to know which one of these would provide maximum weather protection (i.e., in winters and rain; summers don't equal to sweaty palms in my case so I hope to wear these gauntlets when the sun rules too )

Quick replies would be much appreciated as I want to buy/order on/before my birthday on Friday

Thanks & regards,
Shiraz

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks