Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2013, 09:49   #1126
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Any feedback on the riding gear from Spartan Pro Gear. They have a new mesh jacket on the FB page - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6807202&type=1

When inquired, they asked me to check with Let's Gear Up - who in turn asked me to wait for a few more days.
Old 19th February 2013, 09:53   #1127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiraz Shah View Post
Need your feedback on the following pairs of gloves:

1) Cramster TRG2
2) DSG Primal
3) DSG Vector
Go with DSG Primal. Although i have not tried and tested it myself, some of my riding buddies own them and swear by these gloves.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 13:55   #1128
BANNED

The Riding Gear thread-forumrunner_20130219_135301.png.jpg

My Alpinestars leather jacket, gloves and shoes.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th March 2015 at 21:35. Reason: Picture reoriented.
Old 19th February 2013, 15:43   #1129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Any feedback on the riding gear from Spartan Pro Gear. They have a new mesh jacket on the FB page - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6807202&type=1

When inquired, they asked me to check with Let's Gear Up - who in turn asked me to wait for a few more days.
Spartan gear have been getting rave reviews all over. I myself bought the Spartan Helios for my wife and myself from Lets Gear Up. This was my first jacket so I have nothing to compare it to but I found the jacket to be excellent. It comes with a rain liner which can be used independently too. Their new jacket (Hyperion) seems interesting too.
Hells_Fury is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 17:15   #1130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Spartan gear have been getting rave reviews all over. This was my first jacket so I have nothing to compare it to but I found the jacket to be excellent.
My first and only riding jacket, the Cramster Raptor is almost 3 yrs old and I'm longing to buy a new one.

I am no longer comfortable wearing knee guards over my jeans while riding so contemplating on buying a pair of riding pants.

Spartan did mention that they will be launching 2 piece leather suits so patiently waiting for it. That will allow me to take the Ninja to MMSC in addition to superior protection which leathers provide.
Old 19th February 2013, 19:43   #1131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Spartan gear have been getting rave reviews all over. I myself bought the Spartan Helios for my wife and myself from Lets Gear Up. This was my first jacket so I have nothing to compare it to but I found the jacket to be excellent. It comes with a rain liner which can be used independently too. Their new jacket (Hyperion) seems interesting too.
Thanks for the update. When you mean rain liner - is that on the inside? Is it thick or just a thin material to protect only from rain?
Old 20th February 2013, 16:00   #1132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Thanks for the update. When you mean rain liner - is that on the inside? Is it thick or just a thin material to protect only from rain?
The rain liner is on the inside and attached to the main jacket via zips and clip on buttons. Its quite thin, meant only to protect from rain. Spartan do have a thermal liner too which they sell separately. I expect that will be thicker.
Hells_Fury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2013, 16:11   #1133
BANNED

Do Spartan are having duplicates also in market?
Last month been to IBW and seen many guys with Spartan and quality really felt very poor.
Cramster was good at quality specially liked their half leather half textile jacket.
Instead of buying knee protectors I am thinking of buying riding pants with inbuilt knee protectors.
Old 20th February 2013, 17:50   #1134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Do Spartan are having duplicates also in market?
Last month been to IBW and seen many guys with Spartan and quality really felt very poor.
Cramster was good at quality specially liked their half leather half textile jacket.
Instead of buying knee protectors I am thinking of buying riding pants with inbuilt knee protectors.
I bought Sedici riding pants (textile) with in-built knee protectors while in the US. It cost me $149 and when I spoke with the store manager, he was amazed that someone from India has come all the way to a store at Raleigh and talking serious biking - he let me have it for $109.
Old 1st March 2013, 17:44   #1135
BHPian

Is it possible to purchase Helmets with inbuilt slide in visors in India? I mean something like this: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/n...-virage-helmet
Old 1st March 2013, 17:55   #1136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarsh11 View Post
Is it possible to purchase Helmets with inbuilt slide in visors in India? I mean something like this: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/n...-virage-helmet
There is a SparX helmet available in Bangalore by the name Demonatrix. It has the same feature.
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 18:00   #1137
Team-BHP Support

Ajay, from where did you get those shoes? What was the price? I am yet to finalize one & due to my riding taken back seat, I am taking my sweet time, hence scouring.

Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 16:55   #1138
Senior - BHPian

Guys, did anyone check the advt. in the TOI yesterday? Looks like Dainese is planning to come to India . I hope they can price it on par with their US prices or slightly higher.
Old 4th March 2013, 17:03   #1139
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I saw the ad. Looks like Tusker Harley themselves will be opening up this store/outlet.

Dainese may be expensive but they are one of the best out there in terms of protection. Looking forward for any developments and soon.
Old 4th March 2013, 18:40   #1140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Guys, did anyone check the advt. in the TOI yesterday? Looks like Dainese is planning to come to India . I hope they can price it on par with their US prices or slightly higher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Yes, I saw the ad. Looks like Tusker Harley themselves will be opening up this store/outlet.

Dainese may be expensive but they are one of the best out there in terms of protection. Looking forward for any developments and soon.
I was on the verge of buying A* SMX 1 from Lets Gear up and this piece of news in TOI lit my eyes up. I got to call them and check on when are they expecting to stock the D stuff. Or probably just drop in sometime.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks