Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2013, 01:29   #1186
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Picked this DSG Rage Jacket and an alpinestars balaclava together for 6000 bucks from Auto Queen, Cochin. The build quality is pretty good and the armours are all at right place and jacket has a snug fit. Here is the link http://www.planetdsg.com/dsg-rage-ja...te-p-1632.html
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-dsc_0174.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-dsc_0175.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-dsc_0177.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-dsc_0179.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-dsc_0180.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-dsc_0181.jpg  

Old 6th June 2013, 18:04   #1187
BHPian

Any reviews on A* SP2 Glove? For a weekend rider do you suggest the SP2 or SMX2 gloves?
Old 10th June 2013, 20:34   #1188
BHPian

Hey guys. I want to buy knee and elbow protectors. I'm looking for budget stuff. I do not do high speed riding or anything but something for everyday riding or highway cruising.

Which knee-elbow guards are available which are decently priced but do offer good protection? There are some unbelievable deals on ebay like knee-elbow protector combo at 500 bucks or so but I don't think they will be good quality.

Can anybody guide me? Also which are good shops in Pune for the same?

Thanks you
Old 11th June 2013, 11:03   #1189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
Hey guys. I want to buy knee and elbow protectors. I'm looking for budget stuff. I do not do high speed riding or anything but something for everyday riding or highway cruising.

Which knee-elbow guards are available which are decently priced but do offer good protection? There are some unbelievable deals on ebay like knee-elbow protector combo at 500 bucks or so but I don't think they will be good quality.

Thanks you
What you see on eBay look good only in photos , hey are cheap quality third rate stuff. If you are looking for protectors look for stuff from proper probiking/motorsports shops because safety should not be compromised to save a few rupees.
Old 13th June 2013, 10:10   #1190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post

Thanks you
Most of the Ebay Items which states them as from FOX are cheap replicas,
if you are looking at budget options Less than 2K there are options like
Cramster : http://www.cramster.in/Products/Cram...d-1333227.aspx ,
Scoyoco http://www.vicky.in/shopping/knee-gu...?search=scoyco for Knee Guards.

I am not much informed about elbow protectors though,

If possible go for a riding jacket itself ( if you can stretch your budget ),because it offers Back, Elbow, Shoulder protection all in one.
Lots of good quality jackets are available online in the budget of 5K to 10 K.

Ride safe
Old 23rd June 2013, 23:31   #1191
BHPian

So Finally after a wait of 4 years, finally I got my Riding boots. Initially wanted to get the SMX-2. But then decided in favour of the SMX-5.

I was looking at the SIDI Cobra also but chose the SMX-5, because they were slightly cheaper and I could buy them off the shelf from Delhi which meant I could wear them and try the fit before buying which I think is very important. I got the shoes from Meandring India, Vasant kunj New Delhi. Price is 11,100 Rs.

Well I have ridden only about 20 Kms in the boot.
Initial Impressions:
1) Quality is top notch. They are made in Thailand.
2) Comfort while walking and standing is good. No issues.
3) Slightly tighter from Ankle area. They will loosen up as they break in.
4) Right now having issues with Braking and Gear changing. Would need to get used to them, plus they are very stiff right now hopefully will loosen up in a couple of rides..

The Riding Gear thread-img_1901.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-img_1902.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-img_1903.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-img_1904.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-img_1905.jpg
Old 24th June 2013, 10:24   #1192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
So Finally after a wait of 4 years, finally I got my Riding boots. Initially wanted to get the SMX-2. But then decided in favour of the SMX-5.
That is a great buy Rachit, the price is pretty good for SMX5 in India.
Considering the $ value and import duties.
Is it the vented model ?.

Congrats buddy , ride safe.
Old 24th June 2013, 11:09   #1193
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rain jacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Thanks. I've decided to go ahead and place an order for this. The reviews of this particular one are great!
Sadly, sis couldn't carry this for me. So I went ahead and bought a Rain Cheater (Wildcraft) from Myntra. It was the last piece available in XXL. And they sent me a defective product. So I had to fight with them to get it returned. Now, they will only give me a refund. Not another piece since they don't have it. And even the Wildcraft store doesn't have an XXL.

My rain jacket woes continue....
Old 24th June 2013, 19:46   #1194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHkrish View Post
That is a great buy Rachit, the price is pretty good for SMX5 in India.
Considering the $ value and import duties.
Is it the vented model ?.

Congrats buddy , ride safe.
Thanks buddy. Yeah, looking at the boots and their quality i really feel this is quite good value.
Yes, these are the 'AIR' ones. Although it is too early to comment on their breathability but I wore these shoes for around a couple of hours and I was standing and not riding. My T-shirt was completely wet because of Delhi's humidity but surprisingly my socks were not wet. They were very lightly damp. So initial impression is definately positive. Lets see how they hold up in future.
Old 27th June 2013, 23:59   #1195
BHPian

Once upon a time when i was die hard Harley fan. Just wore it 2-3 times till now since last 2 years. Actually bought it for my reception party.
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-231144_4407525499619_2131617718_n.jpg  

Old 1st July 2013, 18:49   #1196
BHPian

Hi guys,

My Ninja 650 is expected next week. I would really appreciate your opinion on the riding gear i have shortlisted-

Jacket- Alpinestars T-GP Plus Air Jacket for Rs 9900
Boots- Alpinestars S-MX 1 Boots: Black
Gloves-Alpinestars M10 Monster Energy Gloves

Also slightly off topic, has any one used the Steel bird carbon fibre helmet? Seems to be good deal for Rs. 12000.

Thanks in advance
Old 4th July 2013, 11:22   #1197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopzdoc View Post
I would really appreciate your opinion on the riding gear i have shortlisted-

Jacket- Alpinestars T-GP Plus Air Jacket for Rs 9900
Boots- Alpinestars S-MX 1 Boots: Black
Gloves-Alpinestars M10 Monster Energy Gloves
Decent choice of gear.

The jacket is mesh so it would be comfortable in summers and with the warm liner it should allow comfortable riding all year through.

Of course, the best protection is offered by leather since it has maximum abrasion resistance.

With regard to the boots, i would suggest you to buy something like this.

Full length boots offer maximum protection and protect your ankles, Achilles heel, toes and shin. Ankles are most susceptible to injury in the event of a fall and boots such as the S-MX1 will only offer basic protection.

I have the Sidi Vertigo boots and they are very comfortable. Been using them for over 2 years now and they are the best you can buy.

Also, please buy full leather gloves instead of hybrid leather-mesh combo gloves. Full gauntlet gloves are not very comfortable but offer maximum protection. You can buy "normal" short length or cuff length gloves but make sure its full leather.

In the event of a fall, riders break the impact with their palms. Only leather gloves will protect you fully in this situation (God forbid you should have such a situation).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopzdoc View Post
Also slightly off topic, has any one used the Steel bird carbon fibre helmet? Seems to be good deal for Rs. 12000.
No clue about this helmet but the SOL helmets from Spartan Pro Gear are currently very popular. Decent price with DOT certification. They also have CF helmets under the brand name NEXX but these cost a bit more than 12k.

Last edited by n_aditya : 4th July 2013 at 11:28.
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 14:15   #1198
BHPian

Re: Motorsport India

Quote:
Did any of you notice that Motorsport has a dedicated page for India now?

http://www.motosport.com/IN

And this is the advert on their site. I am not sure of the prices since I have never purchased from there.
I ordered a Teknic Chicane Leather Jacket from them and the delivery was fantastic. Ordered it on a Friday afternoon and it was siting on my desk Monday morning. Plus got an awesome discount on it. This complements my Tekinc Mesh jacket perfectly now.
I got completely drenched in rain on the first 2 rides with this one and it protected me well from the weather, masks windblast brilliantly and dried up overnight when left on a hanger.

The Riding Gear thread-imag09031.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-imag0918.jpg

Also got a new set of riding shoes: had some difficulty sourcing them as I wanted size 46 but eventually got it from Let's Gear Up, B'lore for 15k. Just had one 250km ride so far with these on, so still breaking them in. Let's see how they hold up in rain and over time.

The Riding Gear thread-imag0916.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-imag0917.jpg
Old 4th July 2013, 16:17   #1199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
I ordered a Teknic Chicane Leather Jacket from them and the delivery was fantastic. Ordered it on a Friday afternoon and it was siting on my desk Monday morning.
Wow, that is indeed amazing service! But I guess it comes at a premium then

If you don't mind can you PM me the cost of the jacket and how much you paid for shipping? I'm more interested in the cost of shipping to get an idea.
Old 4th July 2013, 18:17   #1200
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, that is indeed amazing service! But I guess it comes at a premium then

If you don't mind can you PM me the cost of the jacket and how much you paid for shipping? I'm more interested in the cost of shipping to get an idea.
Naveen, just go to the link that Niranjan quoted in his post, find the jacket and add it to your cart. No need to sign up or enter any details. As long as the site detects that you are from India (there will be an Indian flag somewhere on top) when you proceed to checkout, it will show you the price inclusive of shipping and duties.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks