Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2013, 03:12   #1276
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
I have been using Alpine stars T-GP plus air jacket for the past 6 months, though it is designed for hotter climate, it is not very comfortable especially in traffic. .
Totally agree, I use the T-GP Air too, Its a great jacket for long drives. On a hot day with traffic this can be a uncomfortable as any other jacket.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th March 2015 at 22:42. Reason: Post split. Partly moved to the "Which Helmet?" thread.
Old 11th October 2013, 18:22   #1277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
Totally agree, I use the T-GP Air too, Its a great jacket for long drives. On a hot day with traffic this can be a uncomfortable as any other jacket.

I have been contemplating to buy the Alpinestar mesh jackets. I am bored of my DSG maze. I was slightly confused between the TGP-Air and TGP Pro. Would really appreciate if you could share your feedback or opinion.

Regards
Rachit

Last edited by aah78 : 18th March 2015 at 22:46. Reason: Post split. Partly moved to the "Which Helmet?" thread.
Old 11th October 2013, 22:08   #1278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Thanks mate. Yeah I agree the Visor was expensive. 40% of the cost of helmet if you think from that angle.

Bell has one more special visor known was photochromatic shield or something. It acts as a clear visor in dark and automatically darkens up depending upon the light falling on it. But it was $139.

I have been contemplating to buy the Alpinestar mesh jackets. I am bored of my DSG maze. I was slightly confused between the TGP-Air and TGP Pro. Would really appreciate if you could share your feedback or opinion.

Regards
Rachit
I'm not great at writing reviews but will overall give an idea how I feel.
I use A* T-GP plus air for my daily riding on summer days.
Its a mesh jacket has good amount air flow and fits great.
Feels very comfortable when riding, but at stop&go signals it does feel warm.
I'm not a fan of the standard Bio Armor protection A* provides, it feels very light especially at the arms and back. I use a Bionic Race back protector which I bought primarily for my suit. I use that with this jacket too.
The Jacket will zip into A*pants that also have the 360 zipper.
It is NOT water resistant.
It has good amount of pockets for storage.
Do let me know if you need any pics or more details.

And I'm not sure of the Pro, but I think it looks more sportier, and has removable linings inside. Overall it is similar to GP Plus in terms of build and material.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th March 2015 at 22:46. Reason: Post split. Partly moved to the "Which Helmet?" thread.
kraft.wagen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 12:56   #1279
BHPian

im looking for some good riding boots/shoes and gloves!

i have three choices,either get it from India or US or dubai!

which would be the best choice as in cheaper and less chances of fakes?
Old 14th October 2013, 13:03   #1280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post

If it is from the US, do not miss out trying www.revzilla.com, www.motorcyclesuperstore.com
Old 14th October 2013, 13:51   #1281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I did not find any major difference in price between Dubai & India. DXB is bit more expensive, in fact. So it has to be India or US. US is cheaper & better particularly with sales. But you have to try them on, most of the time.

Si I have settled on buying from India - builds relationships & ability to try on stuff before buying.
Old 14th October 2013, 13:59   #1282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post

Si I have settled on buying from India - builds relationships & ability to try on stuff before buying.
except for the "try and buy" factor, the folks behind revzilla, motorcyclesuperstore or cyclestore are amazingly responsive and responsible.

Ask them a question - you get a personalized answer.

just as an example: I ordered Puma riding boots through Revzilla and a colleague of mine was to have got it with him for me. They had a 30 day return policy. and there was no way I could've managed to return that in 30 days, given the fact that he was to have come 15 days later and would spend 45 days in India.

I wrote to them apprising them of this situation. And pat comes a personalized reply - In your situation, we could extend the return timeline. Do keep us posted if you want to return by (i had given them a date when I would be actually getting the boots in my hands) and if you'd keep it or return.

and there was a follow up mail a couple of days later asking if I found the product right.

Mind you guys - I have never seen any of these folks in person!
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 14:51   #1283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Ask them a question - you get a personalized answer.
Yes, I have only bought from Revzilla and their service has always been really good. They always give you personalised replies for your queries.
Old 14th October 2013, 22:20   #1284
BHPian

Guys is there any good riding gear store here in Mumbai ? I don't know any store which provides everything under one roof.
Old 15th October 2013, 08:09   #1285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90BHP View Post
Guys is there any good riding gear store here in Mumbai ? I don't know any store which provides everything under one roof.
You have Performance Racing Store, Tardeo and Bachoo Motors. Both offer a wide range of riding gears and performance parts.
Motormania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 10:22   #1286
BHPian

Quote:

If from US look for Sidi boots, they are simply awesome. If you are looking for a less priced ones, Cortech Latigo is good too.

Like others mentioned, Revzilla is nice site and ready to answer queries. I would also suggest looking at http://sportbiketrackgear.com/ for some deals.
Old 15th October 2013, 22:12   #1287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If I had the money I would go for Dianese TRQ Race Out boot. I go weak in the knees every time I see it (Air boot is the one to get; prferably in black with the yellow stripe). Sidi's are obviously great but I just find them too "plasticky" to look at. Dianese is one of the most premium brands out there (vis a vis riding gear) & the TRQ boots have great reviews (check out Revzilla).

If you mentioned like an upper limit to your budget; the answer could be much easier

I use the Alpinestars Ridge boot and totally recommend it.

Pros:

- You wont be breaking the bank
- Is sufficiently protective as far as everyday riding & touring is concerned
- Looks great & is inconspicuous under a pair of denims. I actually wear them to work on Fridays (when I ride to work)
- Very comfy right out the box. Walking around is no problem. No real "break in" period. I have them on for over 10 hours at a time at work and no issues
- Its waterproof; yet does not leave my foot in sweat soup. In all fairness though; the longest I have had them on outside of an air conditioned set up is 3 hours. Was comfy. Does not get hotter than a pair of timberlands / CATs (is much lighter though)
- Good "true to size" fit. Especially a boon if ordering online / unable to try out the boots before buying
- You can look at the "Roam" version if you want a full length boot

Cons:

- Not a race boot and hence misses out on the higher protection features
- It will look like a regular pair of boots under your denims. Is a con if inconspicuity is not your thing
- Does not breathe great and (assuming) on a long tour (say 8 - 10 hours of riding) you would need to "air out" your feet
- Does not have toe sliders. I often scrape its sides whilst cornering. have bought a back up pair of Army DMS boots for that purpose alone. My next boots have to have replaceable sliders

Hope this helps. Do check out AXO Primatos as well. Have heard good things about them

Gloves - now this is a totally different topic. More details please - Leather, textile, summer glove, winter glove, waterproofing (yes / no) & the budget

Stay safe bud. Happy shopping!

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 15th October 2013 at 22:15.
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 10:47   #1288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Yes, I have only bought from Revzilla and their service has always been really good. They always give you personalised replies for your queries.
Naveen, a noob question.

Revzilla doesn't ship to India right ?. How do you manage to get the product to you ?.
Old 16th October 2013, 12:56   #1289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHkrish View Post
Naveen, a noob question.

Revzilla doesn't ship to India right ?. How do you manage to get the product to you ?.
Krish - Revzilla does ship to India if you purchase more than $300 worth of merchandise from them. Else its not feasible to ship it to India.

Best thing is to get it shipped to US (to a friend/relative) and have it brought down to India.

Else - I guess there these websites (I don't recall them now) who give you a temp address in the US and then have it shipped to India (taking care of customs etc) - but I guess that'd be a little expensive as well.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 13:06   #1290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Krish - Revzilla does ship to India if you purchase more than $300 worth of merchandise from them. Else its not feasible to ship it to India.

Best thing is to get it shipped to US (to a friend/relative) and have it brought down to India.

Else - I guess there these websites (I don't recall them now) who give you a temp address in the US and then have it shipped to India (taking care of customs etc) - but I guess that'd be a little expensive as well.
Yeah Shubz, Thanks that was news to me ( that revzilla ships to india) .

One of the websites which does that is ViaAddress.com. If they can take care of customs duty its good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks