Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2013, 08:37   #1366
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Theres only one place in Kerala to get riding gear - AutoQueen at Kaloor Junction, Cochin. Retailer for A*, DSG, Cramster, LS2, AGV etc:

I would suggest going in for a KBC / Sparx (not sure if they have it in stock) or an LS2 or AGV (the newer ones are there). For jackets, you have options between DSG & Cramster. Would recommend riding gloves as well. It should fit into his 15k budget.
Some pix for Duke people. How's THH brand for Helmets? Saw them at
https://www.facebook.com/autoqueenshop/photos_stream

Hope this helps people in Kerala.

I am so confused between Spartan pegasus and Rjay Cobra Short!
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-1174718_601342079904905_2044890261_n.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-1240630_607696075936172_1983531746_n.jpg  

jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 14:26   #1367
Senior - BHPian

It is time I get a new set of gloves. Been looking at leather gloves (preferably without the big huge gauntlets this time - as they are a pain to take off and put on on rides, and take way too much time) but then I realized that for the past year or two I have more regularly been wearing my cheaper non-leather wrist llength synthetic gloves compared to my leather ones. This is because the leather ones got destroyed in a ride to Gujarat and back in torrential rains, and some parts of some fingers literally finally melte away.

So my question is what are the best options for all-weather waterproof (or resistant) non-leather gloves out there currently? Looking at all-rounders which can be used in the city as well as for touring, with decent knuckle and palm protection. Obviously leather has a huge advantage in abrasion resistance, but that's something I will be willing to compromise on in the interest of a single glove that can be effectively worn all year long.

Please help guys, and send me likely choices. Links would be great too!
Old 4th December 2013, 14:55   #1368
Senior - BHPian

Doc: Saw an AGV perforated leather, wrist length glove with palm padding for about 2700 at Pro-biking here in Bangalore. Looks like that is what you are looking for! Well ventilated, leather & wrist length! No winter protection though.

Will send you a link if I find it!
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 16:21   #1369
Senior - BHPian

DOc: I think it was either this: this or this

Last edited by n_aditya : 5th December 2013 at 09:30. Reason: formatting corrected
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 19:06   #1370
Senior - BHPian

Bro don't know about the confusion. Am looking for a good non-leather pair of gloves which can be worn in the wet as well, without getting spoilt. Good knuckle and palm protection. Cold weather protection would be a bonus but not a necessity.
Old 5th December 2013, 16:26   #1371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Bro don't know about the confusion. Am looking for a good non-leather pair of gloves which can be worn in the wet as well, without getting spoilt. Good knuckle and palm protection. Cold weather protection would be a bonus but not a necessity.
Doc, when I was searching for a pair of gloves for me, I came across this:http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/a...touring-gloves

Hope this helps you.

(There is one more, but not water proof: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/i...sh-long-gloves )

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 16:33   #1372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Doc, when I was searching for a pair of gloves for me, I came across this:http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/a...touring-gloves

Hope this helps you.

(There is one more, but not water proof: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/i...sh-long-gloves )

--Anoop
Thanks Anoop. They look good. I have similar one in Dainese (but those are also getting old now).

I was looking for some Indian alternatives from say DSG or Cramster or Bachoo or PerformanceRacing etc. which I can lok at, try on, and order and pay for here easily, and get it quickly (riding season being here and all that).

Any nice ones there? Tried and recommended?
Old 5th December 2013, 17:24   #1373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was looking for some Indian alternatives from say DSG or Cramster or Bachoo or PerformanceRacing etc.
Any nice ones there? Tried and recommended?
Doc,
Am using the Cramster TRG Gloves which I feel are fantastic value for money. They are pretty affordable and keeps you warm. However they are not water proof as water does tend to seep in medium to heavy rains.

Did use the DSG Nero and not a big fan of them. Hope this helps.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 17:59   #1374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Doc,
Am using the Cramster TRG Gloves which I feel are fantastic value for money. They are pretty affordable and keeps you warm. However they are not water proof as water does tend to seep in medium to heavy rains.

Did use the DSG Nero and not a big fan of them. Hope this helps.
Thanks bro. The TRG is leather. I want synthetic (water proof). Even the so-called treated leather constructs get bad in our kind of rains. Not good quality boots though.

I checked out the Cramster site. Only the Tundra look like they are water proof/resistant (Hippora).

The Planet DSG site is down, but then the shop is across the road.
Old 5th December 2013, 18:04   #1375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks bro. The TRG is leather. I want synthetic (water proof). Even the so-called treated leather constructs get bad in our kind of rains.
Ahh Gotcha, if you primary objective is water-proof gloves then be ready to feel stuffy/sweaty since they do not breathe. There is one particular model in X-torque showroom but they are priced at 13K. Its simply outstanding except for the huge sticker price.

Regarding the boots, you might want to give the tourmaster boots a good look? Have heard good about them from my riding club guys and appears quite affordable at 9K. (the prices are roughly 18 months old when I was in the market looking for one).
Old 5th December 2013, 18:06   #1376
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks bro. The TRG is leather. I want synthetic (water proof). Even the so-called treated leather constructs get bad in our kind of rains. Not good quality boots though.

I checked out the Cramster site. Only the Tundra look like they are water proof/resistant (Hippora).

The Planet DSG site is down, but then the shop is across the road.:
Hi Doc how are you doing??

You can check out the dsg primal gloves, that Ive been using over a year now. Have ridden it in the rains without any issue and the velcro still holding up even after the abuse it has gone through.

Frankly, I had expected them to last less than a year and thought Ill go for Alpinestars after that - hehe. But im still stuck with the DSG.
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 18:27   #1377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Hi Doc how are you doing??

You can check out the dsg primal gloves, that Ive been using over a year now. Have ridden it in the rains without any issue and the velcro still holding up even after the abuse it has gone through.

Frankly, I had expected them to last less than a year and thought Ill go for Alpinestars after that - hehe. But im still stuck with the DSG.
Bro my current full gauntlet gloves which melted/disintegrated in the rains were also DSG (dunno if Primal or what). I need a synthetic waterproof pair with some cold fighting properties as well for touring. Otherwise for city riding my 300 buck Monster ripoffs are doing great (and are also water unaffected!). LOL
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 21:59   #1378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Quoting my old post - AGV it is. I have placed an order and I hope to get them soon. Thank you for helping me to choose

Now next question - My current job warrants that I have to be in full formal all the time (including tie), so I have to wear a professional \ executive looking footwear. I am currently using a pair of formal shoes from Clarks, but would love to have something which offers better protection and looks executive.

I did take a look at the Harley line of accessories, but did not see anything which catches my fancy.

Is there any footwear available in India which can give good protection while riding and can go well with formal dress code?

--Anoop
Well i am currently using these while i ride to the office. They are very comfortable and i guess would also offer a fair amonut of protection. I got these ones from a Lee Cooper showroom for 2.7k. Do check these out. They are worth it !
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-lee.jpg  

aditya.bhardwaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 23:17   #1379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post
Well i am currently using these while i ride to the office. They are very comfortable and i guess would also offer a fair amonut of protection. I got these ones from a Lee Cooper showroom for 2.7k. Do check these out. They are worth it !
These sure do look nice. Thank you for the suggestion, will definitely take a look at this.
I came across another brand also - http://www.orazosafety.com/product_d...php?pname=Coot

--Anoop
Old 6th December 2013, 09:35   #1380
Senior - BHPian

For my daily commute, home -> office -> home, I just purchased these 4 days back.
Amazing soft sole, for times when you walk :P
Covers a reasonable area above the ankle.

I know it looks like more form than function, but I am not complaining.

The Riding Gear thread-01whitemedievalblue304172puma11700x700imadjjfhgnzzg8kw.jpeg

Most Viewed