Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2014, 19:50   #1486
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Used to be a fan of Cramster until this happened

The Riding Gear thread-img2014021200120.jpgThe Riding Gear thread-img2014021200121.jpgThe Riding Gear thread-img2014021200125.jpg

I guess i have used the jacket for around 10 rides over the past 1 year or so.

Don't think i'd buy Cramster gear in the future
slicvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2014, 00:19   #1487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
aargee, Do you feel the Rain...liner over there?
How cold? Hmmm...Bangalore in the month of December morning? GJ, specifically Jamnagar, Diu, Adhesar, Dolavira, Rapar mornings around 5:30 am, same month? Temperatures... I'm not really sure, may be around 20s I guess.

Shoulders were pretty much covered. Didn't feel anything cold in the entire body.
Old 12th March 2014, 21:39   #1488
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Used to be a fan of Cramster until this happened
Attachment 1216700Attachment 1216696Attachment 1216699

I guess i have used the jacket for around 10 rides over the past 1 year or so.
Though Cramster is of good stuff, it's always a game of luck on what you get. Some products are defective right from the word go, like their HIPPO waist pouch I got from them. From the looks of it, it was excellent, and just due to me getting over excited for getting a bum bag... was bummed, sorta.

Upon inspecting closely inside, happen to see clear rip inside the stitch seams, where the partition gets divided into two.

But their FLUX lasted well over two years after extreme use almost on a daily basis. But that being said, again, Cramster is always a game of luck, sometimes you win sometimes you lose.

Cheers!
VJ

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th March 2014 at 19:57. Reason: Post edited. Please use appropriate language on Team-BHP, rather than starring out words.
Old 30th March 2014, 19:28   #1489
Distinguished - BHPian

After a long wait of 1.5 months, got my Spartan Helios Jacket in Orange color. I wanted it in Orange because it grabs attention than any other color. So good for safety. But unfortunately there was no stock of orange color. So it had to come from the next batch of manufacturing, which took this long.

Coming to the jacket, it looks classy and upmarket. Fits beautifully in Large size for my generous body. Being a mesh jacket, air flow is always there and is comfortable if you ride even at slow speeds.

It has 4 pockets and a key hook. Two pockets on the inside and 2 outside. One of the inside ones is water proof. Everything is stitched to perfection.

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 30th March 2014 at 19:30.
Old 2nd April 2014, 13:49   #1490
Senior - BHPian

Re: Triumph Bonneville: My "Black Bruiser" finally comes home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Moral of the story Avi - get riding boots and wear them. That;s a serious bie you are riding. You need serious riding gear. I notice you don't have riding pants either.

I have even got myself a rib and chest protector. The only condition my folks put across before i bought my bike was to only ride with all the safety gear even if its a ride around the block. Its better to be a little uncomfortable and walk away home in an unavoidable situation, rather than being comfortable and be carried away to a hospital.

@ Mobike008, thats 5 months away. The stuff and the prices i mentioned are available in Bombay from Bachoo Motors and Performance Racing Store.

Last edited by speedy : 2nd April 2014 at 13:52.
speedy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2014, 15:19   #1491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Yup Doc. Point well taken but, iam not too keen to buy riding pants immediately. It's at the bottom of my gear buying list
Riding pants can never be bottom of a gear list bro. The legs are the biggest limbs with the maximum skin surface area (road rash) and the longest/heaviest bones (read rods and plates and pins internal fixation) with the biggest most complex joint in the body.

Take a call accordingly.
Old 2nd April 2014, 15:44   #1492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Riding pants can never be bottom of a gear list bro. The legs are the biggest limbs with the maximum skin surface area (road rash) and the longest/heaviest bones (read rods and plates and pins internal fixation) with the biggest most complex joint in the body.

Take a call accordingly.
Avi, have a look at this

http://www.hoodjeans.co.uk/acatalog/...eans-mens.html

They are armour lines jeans (Kevlar equivelant) and this with the prtotector inserts at the knees and thigh/bum area works well ( I have walked away scratch less from couple of spills in the past only because of these).

You can wear them as regular clothing once you are in your destination, and no one will notice it even ( just go to loo and slip out the protector insers and put it in you helmet)

I think they deliver in India

Therea are other good brands as well

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2014, 16:05   #1493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Avi, have a look at this

They are armour lines jeans (Kevlar equivelant) and this with the prtotector inserts at the knees and thigh/bum area works well ( I have walked away scratch less from couple of spills in the past only because of these).

You can wear them as regular clothing once you are in your destination, and no one will notice it even ( just go to loo and slip out the protector insers and put it in you helmet)

I think they deliver in India

Therea are other good brands as well

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Similar to Dragin' Jeans. The only issue I've heard with them is that Kevlar (unlike GoreTex) does not breathe, and wearing these as jeans all day can get you a tad warm and moist in the nether regions. Plus unlike proper textile riding pants, these are not water proof.

Last edited by ebonho : 2nd April 2014 at 16:09.
Old 2nd April 2014, 16:14   #1494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Similar to Dragin' Jeans. The only issue I've heard with them is that Kevlar (unlike GoreTex) does not breathe, and wearing these as jeans all day can get you a tad warm and moist in the nether regions. Plus unlike proper textile riding pants, these are not water proof.
What they actually use is not Kevlar. Its something they call K-tech Para-aramid.

I have used it in the hig temperatures here in the ME and have had all day long rides as well without any obvious moisture issues anywhere. The K-tech Para-aramid - is water reasonably water resistant as well.

http://www.hoodjeans.co.uk/acatalog/...cle-jeans.html

The 2014 models are now using some better removable armour as well (protector inserts)

http://www.hoodjeans.co.uk/acatalog/...ycle-jean.html

I am just sharing my experience and not marketing this any way please

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 2nd April 2014 at 16:16.
r_nairtvm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 11:27   #1495
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Avi, have a look at this

Ram, these Jeans are priced at 100 pounds and upwards and Do I understand correctly from their websit, CE rated protections are optional additions?

Seems to be an expensive option from a regular riding pant from brands like Rjays which comes with all required protection.
Old 4th April 2014, 11:48   #1496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Similar to Dragin' Jeans.
Quote:
I am just sharing my experience and not marketing this any way please
Quote:
Ram, these Jeans are priced at 100 pounds and upwards and Do I understand correctly from their websit, CE rated protections are optional additions?
Sirs, how well would the external elbow and knee protection gear work?. I have seen many riders wear this over their regular cloths.
Old 4th April 2014, 12:37   #1497
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Sirs, how well would the external elbow and knee protection gear work?. I have seen many riders wear this over their regular cloths.
Speedy, I have worn them only once and never worn it again. Elbow gaurd works well but, its the knee guard that slips out once in a while and needs constant readjusting

Asthetically doesnt look that good considering the economic pricing. I think they cost INR 1500 for a pair. I would prefer to wear these guards inside and cover it with outer clothing.
Old 4th April 2014, 13:06   #1498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Speedy, I have worn them only once and never worn it again. Elbow gaurd works well but, its the knee guard that slips out once in a while and needs constant readjusting

Asthetically doesnt look that good considering the economic pricing. I think they cost INR 1500 for a pair. I would prefer to wear these guards inside and cover it with outer clothing.
Oh then i think they would cause an issue while riding. I think then the riding pants would be a far better option.

P.R.S. has mentioned the cost on their FB page as Rs 3k each for the Thor elbow and knee guards. If you wear it inside and cover it with outer clothing and as you have mentioned they need constant readjusting, won't this be a bother?. If its externally worn..adjusting the straps would be easier then when the knee guard is worn under the clothing.
Old 4th April 2014, 14:06   #1499
BHPian

Avi,
I may come across as a salesman for riding gear but I gotta say.

When it comes to riding gear, please buy the best you can afford.
It won't save you if you hit an immovable hard object or get run over, but it will keep your skin and bones where they belong in case of a slide or a minor fall (which is the case most of the time).

Good quality riding gear (Right from the best helmets to jackets, pants, gloves and boots) do cost a lot of money. And not without reason. The amount of testing, R&D, good quality materials, good quality protection do not come cheap. Plus we have the cost of customs etc.

You will feel conscious the first few times you ride out in full gear. Eventually, you will not be able to ride a motorcycle without it.

Think about it. You have bought yourself a bad ass bike. Gear up.

Cheers,
Kapil
wolfy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 16:24   #1500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Seems to be an expensive option from a regular riding pant from brands like Rjays which comes with all required protection.
That is so. Here each man will have to make his own call, as is the case of all components of ridding gear. The Hood jeans were recommended by a friend who had these for long and my pair has been with me longer than the Bonny and survived couple of pre-Bonny spills as well where I was with out a scratch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Speedy, I am sure you know the importance of these guards/protectors staying in place. From that point of view in my opinion, its better they are part of well fitting riding gear than being an external component.

The practice of wearing them inside your clothing is not ok unless they are worn over some sort of inner clothing because the material of the protector/straps/Velcro etc. can bruise you if worn over bare skin. However, the irritation of adjusting them will still be there and chances of them being in right place is much lesser that in case of them being part of a "well fitting" ridding clothing.

This is my two fills worth

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks