Old 6th May 2014, 10:56   #1546
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I use Sidi Vertigo Air boots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
I have the SIDI Vertigo Corsa boots and share the same feedback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
I use SIDI ST AIR boots and i must say that they are amazing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Am another happy user of SIDI boots for about 3 yrs now.
Thank you for the Feedback. I shall check with PRS if they have the ST Air and pick it up or then order them online.
Old 6th May 2014, 16:36   #1547
BHPian

BHPians, I am planning to buy A* SMX-6 boots very soon. These will provide till the shin. The Knee gaurds that I have now are the FOX ones which probably are fakes and want to change these as well.
The question is if the boots are providing coverage upto the shin is there a knee gaurd that covers only the knee area and does not extend to the shin and can be put on the jeans. Down the line I will also buy a riding pant but on occasions where I wish to waer a pair of Jeans the knee gaurd only should provide sufficient coverage long with the boots. Any suggestions.
Old 6th May 2014, 19:24   #1548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
Down the line I will also buy a riding pant but on occasions where I wish to waer a pair of Jeans the knee gaurd only should provide sufficient coverage long with the boots. Any suggestions.
Check these out:

Link-1

Link-2

I would recommend the latter since it is equipped with CE certified Knox armor.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 13:08   #1549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would recommend the latter since it is equipped with CE certified Knox armor.
I saw the Thor external knee and elbow guards at PRS yest but i wasn't impressed. I picked up the SIDI ST Air boots and now the knee guard or good riding pants continues. I guess i shall just pick up the RJAYS riding pants since i got the same company jacket and gloves.
Old 7th May 2014, 13:28   #1550
BHPian

Check this

http://www.outdoortravelgear.com/pro...ion-2014/black
Old 7th May 2014, 14:34   #1551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I saw the Thor external knee and elbow guards at PRS yest but i wasn't impressed. I picked up the SIDI ST Air boots and now the knee guard or good riding pants continues. I guess i shall just pick up the RJAYS riding pants since i got the same company jacket and gloves.
From what i have heard from my riding buddies, the Rjays pants tend to shear off at the seat with regular use.

I would suggest Spartan's riding pants from my personal experience. I have been using this for a while now and find them pretty good in construction and comfort. I have also had no issues tucking the ends inside the boots.

This one however is a mesh riding pant and will be well suited for our summers.

P.S. I have no association with these brands and only suggesting since I find them comfortable and they meet my requirements. I was also able to try and buy which was not possible with other brands.
Old 7th May 2014, 15:19   #1552
BHPian

Hello guys, thinking of getting Spartan Helios since there are good reviews about it everywhere. I have heard that the airflow is great for the summer. But how does it fare during those cold winter nights and early mornings of Bangalore? Is the rain liner enough for the cold or is the add on thermal liner needed?

PS Since I couldn't find any suitable thread, I'm posting this here. Would anyone please suggest me a good mechanic in Bangalore, preferably around Malleshwaram or Mathikere for getting my RTR serviced? The TVS ASCs only create more problems without solving the existing ones.

Last edited by theredliner : 7th May 2014 at 15:29.
Old 7th May 2014, 17:00   #1553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
I have heard that the airflow is great for the summer. But how does it fare during those cold winter nights and early mornings of Bangalore? Is the rain liner enough for the cold or is the add on thermal liner needed?
I'm not sure of the liner in the Helios but I used the rain/warm liner in my cramster jacket only once in the last 4 yrs of owning it. I was riding to chickmagalur in the rains and it kept me dry. I rarely feel cold and prefer colder weather to the heat or humidity any day and hence my very rare use of the liner. Your case could be different and I hope users of this jacket can provide you some insights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Since I couldn't find any suitable thread, I'm posting this here. Would anyone please suggest me a good mechanic in Bangalore, preferably around Malleshwaram or Mathikere for getting my RTR serviced? The TVS ASCs only create more problems without solving the existing ones.
There is no dedicated thread for this query but do contact owners via PM or on their ownership threads. That might help.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 10:59   #1554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From what i have heard from my riding buddies, the Rjays pants tend to shear off at the seat with regular use.

I would suggest Spartan's riding pants from my personal experience. I have been using this for a while now and find them pretty good in construction and comfort. I have also had no issues tucking the ends inside the boots.

This one however is a mesh riding pant and will be well suited for our summers.

P.S. I have no association with these brands and only suggesting since I find them comfortable and they meet my requirements. I was also able to try and buy which was not possible with other brands.
Ok so would not consider RJAYS pants.

How would joe rockets be?. The spartans i would have to find a store in Bombay as i do not know the size i would need.

Please do not worry about that..you are suggesting a brand on personal experience..

I just saw this on the BachooMotors site. Tarmac riding boots and they are not expensive.

http://www.bachoomotors.com/index.ph...gory&id_lang=1

Last edited by speedy : 8th May 2014 at 11:23.
Old 8th May 2014, 18:28   #1555
BHPian

Can high ankle safety boots from JCB and safetix be used an economical alternative to touring/city rides?
The upper is made from 100% buffalo hide and sole from high density plastic. It comes with a metal insert at the front to protect the fingers.
I know they can't match the protection provided by conventional riding boots but a safer economical option(for a student) than the run of the mill sports shoe.
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-image.jpg  

Last edited by Akhilash95 : 8th May 2014 at 18:30.
Old 8th May 2014, 18:47   #1556
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just saw this on the BachooMotors site. Tarmac riding boots and they are not expensive.

http://www.bachoomotors.com/index.ph...gory&id_lang=1
The Tarmac Tour look simply fantastic for 6K. Although I wish they had a flap to cover over the side zipper.
Old 8th May 2014, 21:03   #1557
Senior - BHPian

^^ What company is this? Tarmac? Never heard of it.

FYI - Spartan pro gear now also has a couple of boots in their portfolio; siilar price range
Old 9th May 2014, 10:56   #1558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
The Tarmac Tour look simply fantastic for 6K. Although I wish they had a flap to cover over the side zipper.
Tarmac designs are copied from Rjay and SIDI shoes as per what i was informed. Since its a local brand i guess one can custom make his shoe too..let me ask Bachoo Motors. When i bought my SIDI boots the zip was below the flap, but when you actually wear it the zip is under the flap, maybe its the same with this. Or did you mean the entire zip part is hidden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
^^ What company is this? Tarmac? Never heard of it.
Its a local manufacturer and new in the market..i guess a Month old now.

Last edited by speedy : 9th May 2014 at 11:00.
Old 9th May 2014, 11:28   #1559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Or did you mean the entire zip part is hidden?
Yes. I meant in a riding boot which claims to be waterproof, the entire zipper area needs to be hidden behind a velcroed flap. Water gets in through zippers. Any zipper.
Old 9th May 2014, 12:14   #1560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Yes. I meant in a riding boot which claims to be waterproof, the entire zipper area needs to be hidden behind a velcroed flap. Water gets in through zippers. Any zipper.
Ok, I shall ask Bachoo Motors if it is possible to make a change and also if its possible to customise a pair.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks