Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2014, 19:26   #1606
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

The buggers at Snapdeal cancelled my Spartan Helios Jacket due to non-availability of size.

Any reviews of Cramster's Eclipse Jacket? Part leather/part mesh - http://www.cramster.in/Products/Cram...d-1333203.aspx

Last edited by dkaile : 31st May 2014 at 19:28.
Old 1st June 2014, 22:31   #1607
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
The buggers at Snapdeal cancelled my Spartan Helios Jacket due to non-availability of size.

Any reviews of Cramster's Eclipse Jacket? Part leather/part mesh - http://www.cramster.in/Products/Cram...d-1333203.aspx
How about visiting a Spartan store nearby and picking it up. When it comes to riding gear nothing beats the try and buy method.
Old 2nd June 2014, 12:04   #1608
Distinguished - BHPian

Ordered a pair of Tundra winter/ rain resistant gloves from Cramster online store on Saturday. Paid 2100 bucks for the pair including shipping. I believe they are tough enough to stand the abuse for good time. Waiting for the product to get delivered.

The Vega helmet is on the way. Should reach by today or tomorrow.
Old 2nd June 2014, 13:26   #1609
Senior - BHPian

Anybody has any ideas as to where to source good Riding Gear/Jacket in Bangkok? Which market etc.? Which brand etc.? I will be there at the end of this month. Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd June 2014, 13:32   #1610
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Anybody has any ideas as to where to source good Riding Gear/Jacket in Bangkok? Which market etc.? Which brand etc.? I will be there at the end of this month. Thanks in advance.
Not sure about Bangkok, but a few recommendations from my side:

1. www.PlanetDSG.com
2. Cramster.in
3. Honda riding jacket available at Honda Merchandise store near you. Not sure about online availability.
Old 4th June 2014, 00:15   #1611
Senior - BHPian

Bought some riding gear last week. So now my riding gear is complete with the list below:

Helmet: LS2 FF350
Gloves: Spartan Ares
Jacket: Spartan Helios
Pants: Spartan Odysseus
Boots: Tourmaster Solution 2.0 touring boots

Did a ride of around 500 kms fully geared up. The pants are very comfortable and you can stay in them all day (without the rain liner of course). The jackets are super ventilated and even during B2B traffic you dont get that cooked in the jacket feeling. The boots are pretty comfy though i had a scary moment when i stomped on the rear brake by mistake and almost had a fall. Lever modulation takes some time to get used to with the boots. The gloves are the only ones which were not very comfortable and ended up causing pressure near the wrist and at the tip of the thumb. Thinking of changing them if they dont improve over time.

Since i ride a D200, the riding pants ensured that the heat from the bike is not felt even when it is at operating temperature (typically 8 bars on the temp. gauge) for long periods of time in the saddle. Once i entered the city the gear endured heavy rains for nearly 1 hour as there was mad traffic. The liners did their job pretty well. The jacket liner had left a wet patch about the size of a tennis ball near the neck area on my t-shirt after 1 hour of incessant rains. The pant liner held up better with just the area near the vents getting slightly wet on one side (might have got wet before putting in the liner too). The highlight though was the boots. Once i got used to them, there was no looking back. You can be in them the whole day and after 1 hour ride thru slush and rain, once i got home, my socks were bone dry. Not a drop of water has gone inside!!

Drying the gear was also pretty easy. Just wiping them with a wet tissue got rid of all the mud and muck from the pants and boots. Drying them in the sun without the armors did the job in about an hour of putting them out to dry. Thats pretty quick if you ask me Overall very happy & satisfied with the purchase.
Old 4th June 2014, 02:53   #1612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Guys - No news on good closeout options on the firang maal? Request an urgent reply as I travel to states this weekend. Thanks again!

Edit - Any reviews / user experience on Spartan Ares?
Not sure if you are still here, I usually buy from RidersDiscount or Revzilla. I also have some local shops I pick up stuff from. If you know what you want I can talk to the shop for some small discounts. PM me where you are in States, if you in LA are I can take you the shops around.

PS:I don't work for any of the shops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Iam slowly deciding on my gear that I want to get from US. Comments and more recommendations are welcome

Helmet : AGV K3 (Almost Decided to buy if i dont find anything better at $160). Primary reason to select this is good reviews of it being a silent helmet in this price range. One query though. How much does the smoked visor cost and how easy or hard is it to fit and remove as and when needed to the helmet?

Jacket : Slider 2 Jacket ($119 on Closeout, Otherwise $250). Seems like a heavily armoured jacket with good mesh for lot of breathing.

However, as per user feedback, its a heavy jacket with all linings intact

Pants : Slider Adventour motorcycle pants ($120 on close-out and original price $200). They seem great for our warm weather conditions and has pretty good armour and protection overall.
http://www.compacc.com/p/sliders-adv...torcycle-pants

You can check out the video too for a detailed review

Boots : These seem really VFM at $50 and has decent protection. Never heard of BILT. Are they popular for making boots or its just another motorcycle gear making company? It's got great reviews though

Also, how are these compared to Aeromoto shoes posted by REmaniac78?
http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/S...182_59409_1501

Look forward to inputs. Will tweak my selections based on recommendations from all
What is the budget you have for Boots? I would prefer Sidi or Alpinestar. I have no personal experience with Bilt, these are exclusively sold at Cycle Gear only. Having looked at a few boots from Bilt I feel they are not that great. Let me see if I can get some pictures from the shop this weekend.

Visors are easy to change. You may get some better deals on eBay

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th June 2014 at 08:31. Reason: Merging posts
kraft.wagen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 22:22   #1613
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Bought some riding gear last week. So now my riding gear is complete with the list below:

Helmet: LS2 FF350
Gloves: Spartan Ares
Jacket: Spartan Helios
Pants: Spartan Odysseus
Boots: Tourmaster Solution 2.0 touring boots
Hi Abhinav. Good to see a fellow biker geared up. Where did you buy the gear from? Mind sharing the price of each of the gear?

Also the gloves need to break in. Keep wearing them and you they will get adjusted to your hand shape and size. It took 2 weeks for my DSG primal gloves to get adjusted. Now they are just perfect

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 4th June 2014 at 22:26.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 22:28   #1614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Hi Abhinav. Good to see a fellow biker geared up. Where did you buy the gear from? Mind sharing the price of each of the gear?
Hi Sagar. I bought the gear from Biking Spirit on St. Marks Road (Behind the Triumph Showroom).

Helmet: LS2 FF350 - This is with me for some time now. Used mainly for touring. Dont remember the price i paid for this. Was in the ball park of around 3000.
Gloves: Spartan Ares - 3299
Jacket: Spartan Helios - 6299
Pants: Spartan Odysseus - 6299
Boots: Tourmaster Solution 2.0 touring boots - 10,000 (Actual price was 13k but due to some discounts that were running on these, got these for 10k).

Thanks for the tips on the gloves. Will use them everyday to work and back to break them in.
Old 4th June 2014, 23:27   #1615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Hi Sagar. I bought the gear from Biking Spirit on St. Marks Road (Behind the Triumph Showroom).

Helmet: LS2 FF350 - This is with me for some time now. Used mainly for touring. Dont remember the price i paid for this. Was in the ball park of around 3000.
Gloves: Spartan Ares - 3299
Jacket: Spartan Helios - 6299
Pants: Spartan Odysseus - 6299
Boots: Tourmaster Solution 2.0 touring boots - 10,000 (Actual price was 13k but due to some discounts that were running on these, got these for 10k).

Thanks for the tips on the gloves. Will use them everyday to work and back to break them in.
Hi Abhinav. That's a good set of gears you've got. How was your experience with Biking Spirit?
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 23:40   #1616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Hi Abhinav. That's a good set of gears you've got. How was your experience with Biking Spirit?
My timing of buying the gear was wrong. Firstly they moved their shop at exactly the time i wanted to buy the gear. Not their mistake. But they did not have stock of my size (M) in both jackets and pants. I had to wait nearly a month for stocks to arrive. Even on the day they said the stocks would arrive due to logistics issues it arrived around 4hrs late.

But this apart, they really know their stuff with regards to riding gear and I was pretty happy with the way they explained each and every thing and also helped me understand how to go about gearing up. Very knowledgeable folks.

I waited nearly 2.5 hours on the day stocks arrived and i was happy i did that since they had got very limited stocks in each size. If i had not waited and decided to come next week, i would have ended up disappointed again!
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 13:41   #1617
Senior - BHPian

Cramster's ECLIPSE Leather+Cordura+Mesh 3 layered Riding Jacket Review

Ordered Cramster's Eclipse Leather+Mesh Jacket - http://www.cramster.in/Products/Cram...d-1333203.aspx after prolonged discussions with them. Landed cost was 7.6K including 350 bucks for courier.

Some features as mentioned on their website -

All Weather Hybrid Riding Jacket

True All Weather Convertible Jacket with Dual (External & Internal) Multi Climate Liners.
Extreme Comfort & Safety in Any Kind of Climate.
Styling: Short | Convertible | Top Leather

Primary Layer/Outer Shell: Premium Grain Leather + TechnoTex®
Secondary Outer Shell: Maxtex Cordura + Heavy Duty Mesh
Contact Layer: Perforated Mesh Liner

Integrated Water Resist Layer: Original Reissa® Powerskin | Breathable | Rain/Wind/Snow Resistant
Inner Detachable Layer: Thermolite® Warm Liner - Best In Class | Full Length Fully Detachable
Outer Detachable Panel :
360Degree Removable Technotex Panel
On the Fly Textile to Mesh (with Reissa Inner) Convertibility

Exclusive Pluggable Flourescent Reflective Vest for Supreme Day+Night Visibility
CE Approved Armours - 5 piece set (2 Shoulder, 2 Elbow and 1 Back armour pad)
Optimized Air Flow
PreCurved Sleeves for Max Comfort
Adjustable Sleeve Straps
3M Scotchlite® Reflectives - Front & Back
YKK® Zippers

So today I received the jacket, in less than 48 hours of making the payment.

International quality fit and finish, not a stitch out of place. Here it is with the armours removed.
The Riding Gear thread-cramster-eclipse-leather-mesh-riding-jacket_1.jpg

Premium feel
The Riding Gear thread-cramster-eclipse-leather-mesh-riding-jacket_2.jpg

Close up of the Premium Grain Leather and the Maxtex Cordura
The Riding Gear thread-cramster-eclipse-leather-mesh-riding-jacket_3.jpg

CE Protection on all armour, Reissa Powerskin material used from Korea, 3M Reflexate Technology
The Riding Gear thread-cramster-eclipse-leather-mesh-riding-jacket_4.jpg

Inner removable Thermolite Warm Liner for winters, 360Degree Removable Technotex Panel with On the Fly Textile to Mesh (with Reissa Inner) Convertibility and the pluggable Reflective Vest which is removable.
The Riding Gear thread-cramster-eclipse-leather-mesh-riding-jacket_5.jpg

All CE approved Armour and Back Pad.
The Riding Gear thread-cramster-eclipse-leather-mesh-riding-jacket_6.jpg

Summer Mode with the lower Cordura portion removed to reveal the Mesh Layer with waterproof pockets.
The Riding Gear thread-cramster-eclipse-leather-mesh-riding-jacket_7.jpg

Detailed review to follow after proper use. Seems a great buy till now.
dkaile is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 16:02   #1618
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the back to back post, but here's how it looks worn, front and back, with all CE Armour in place but 2 layers removed i.e. Inner Thermal layer and Lower Cordura Layer (that makes it full water-resistant) for revealing the breathable Mesh i.e. in SUMMER mode -

The Riding Gear thread-cramster-eclipse-leather-mesh-riding-jacket_front.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-cramster-eclipse-leather-mesh-riding-jacket_back.jpg
dkaile is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 16:22   #1619
Senior - BHPian

Dhiraj,

Awesome stuff! I had 2 questions. How is it at your elbow while riding? Since these come pre-curved arms does it wobble when riding or are they firm around your arm?

2) Can i buy just the shoulder and elbow inserts?
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 16:38   #1620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Dhiraj,

Awesome stuff! I had 2 questions. How is it at your elbow while riding? Since these come pre-curved arms does it wobble when riding or are they firm around your arm?

2) Can i buy just the shoulder and elbow inserts?
Well the short handling I did with it till now, it seems quite comfortable though it is not light by any standards and I presume riding jackets should not be in order to provide proper protection. Though not as heavy as a full leather one from Harley. Elbows are quite comfortable and do not seem to move. Detailed review on this point after 2-3 rides.

For your second point, I presume you will need to email/phone Cramster - info@cramster.in M:098800-89225(Mon-Sat: 10am -8pm)

Last edited by dkaile : 5th June 2014 at 16:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks