Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2015, 22:07   #2116
BHPian

If it's not leather and it's priced at 20k, I would give a serious look into Spartan/aspida brand, even an alpine would come in that budget. These guys make gears, I would trust them any day than the motor cycle manufacturers. I know even RE milk their brand ( I own an RE) buy selling gear at higher prices.

Bottom line, try other brands, if you still feel it's worth the money go for it. You need to be comfortable and the gear needs to be good grade ( Knox armor, removable armor, rain/ winter liners, etc.).
prasanna.vps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2015, 07:05   #2117
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust_Harl View Post
X-torque in HSR has RJAYS riding pants and jacket. I picked both of these and happy so far with the quality and the fitting.
Thanks, if you don't mind, could you please tell me as to how much you spent for the Riding pants and Jacket; which model you went for? RJays All Seasons II Jacket Black & Pant is what I was planning to go for, based on some quick online check.

Any idea, what is so different in A* star, did you by any chance consider any other brand before getting RJays??

This is the first time I am buying a riding gear in my life; I spend lot of time reading this thread and got confused

Quote:
I am looking for RJAYS boots. Not sure where I can find them
Is that really good or you are considering because you got other gears from the same brand? because wherever I had checked online either SIDI or A* seems to be go to brand for boots

Quote:

Congratulations on R15 bro. GOD SPEED. Ride Hard and Ride SAFE

#LLB
Thanks, well Run-in periods, another 250 odd Kms to go before I can go beyond 5k RPM, can't wait and want to make sure I get the gears in place before I complete this remaining 250kms
Old 29th January 2015, 09:08   #2118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chida View Post
Is there any store in bangalore where I can take a look at A* an Rjays riding gear; I know Dianese have their own store in Orion Mall, need to go there as well. This is my first real purchase of Riding gear, I am willing to spend about 30-40K, as long as I know that it gives me enough protection in case of fall.

btw I just got a R15, hence this query
A* is available on the first floor of Orion Motors, opposite Forum Mall. The details of all the stores in Bangalore selling different brands are on this thread.
Old 29th January 2015, 10:05   #2119
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking for RJAYS boots. Not sure where I can find them.
#LLB
I Just happened to see some information I gathered during my research (online) and found XTorque, Kasturi Nagar, Bangalore seems to be having Rjays riding boots with them.

Xtorque
Address: #3C, 137, 2nd Main Road, Kasturinagar, Bangalore-560043.
FB page: https://www.facebook.com/XTorque

Not sure where you live, let me know if you want me to check this place, this area is on my way to home (I have not seen the store). btw, I am not sure if it is the same guys who owns the store in HSR (that you referred).
Old 29th January 2015, 16:41   #2120
BHPian

Quote:
I Just happened to see some information I gathered during my research (online) and found XTorque, Kasturi Nagar, Bangalore seems to be having Rjays riding boots with them.

Xtorque
Address: #3C, 137, 2nd Main Road, Kasturinagar, Bangalore-560043.
FB page: https://www.facebook.com/XTorque

Not sure where you live, let me know if you want me to check this place, this area is on my way to home (I have not seen the store). btw, I am not sure if it is the same guys who owns the store in HSR (that you referred).
Hi

I am using RJAY ALL season 2 riding pants and Jacket. Both of them are value for money and is working good for my rides. I use it almost every week or at least alternate weeks for short and long rides. We follow all gear all time as a policy in our group and the gear works cool.

Jacket was ~ 9K and pant 6K. This was more comfortable compared to SPartan or other options that I tried and the fabric was better. By friend had a bad experience with Spartan and hence I did not plunge into it. The pant actually tore after his second ride. Not a good material at all.

You will have to try the riding pants couple of times and be sure on how the knee cap fits. It has to hold the position when you fall and more often I noticed that the knee protector was not correctly fitting in many of the other pants I tried.

If you have the budget then the best option is Dianese in ~19K range. Nothing like these.

I am looking at Dianese, Alpinestar or RJays riding boots based on the review and not to complete my jacket / riding pants

I stay near Vijayanagar and yes Kasturinagar is little far. While the name is the same, it is not owned by the same individual but I guess all of them are friends and operate as a group.

Can you pls. check for RJays short riding boots in Xtorque if possible and PM me the price. I am looking at 43 / 44 size. Appreciate your offer to check the boots in Xtorque. Thank you very much.

Ride Safe

#LLB
Old 29th January 2015, 19:54   #2121
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

Jacket was ~ 9K and pant 6K. This was more comfortable compared to SPartan or other options that I tried and the fabric was better. By friend had a bad experience with Spartan and hence I did not plunge into it. The pant actually tore after his second ride. Not a good material at all.

You will have to try the riding pants couple of times and be sure on how the knee cap fits. It has to hold the position when you fall and more often I noticed that the knee protector was not correctly fitting in many of the other pants I tried.
Yes thats the price i remember seeing online as well; will check this weekend. I did try SPARTAN jacket when I went to Mega Enterprises for my helmet couple of weeks back, I was not very sure about it, as I have read here and few more websites about the quality being an issue. so decided to stay away.

will check on the fitting before taking the plunge.

Quote:
If you have the budget then the best option is Dianese in ~19K range. Nothing like these.
I willing to spend on quality gear, may be instead of buying jacket, pants, gloves and boots all in one go, I would go for one each month or so. But my only worry is I am already using my R15 for daily office commute, so not sure if I should put a 19k jacket on a daily basis???

If RJay's fitting is comfortable, then I planning to go for RJay's for daily commute and may be Dianese for long rides.

Quote:
I stay near Vijayanagar and yes Kasturinagar is little far. While the name is the same, it is not owned by the same individual but I guess all of them are friends and operate as a group.

Can you pls. check for RJays short riding boots in Xtorque if possible and PM me the price. I am looking at 43 / 44 size. Appreciate your offer to check the boots in Xtorque. Thank you very much.

Ride Safe

#LLB
Nws, I would try to visit the store (Friday/Saturday) and see if they have it with them and the price ofcourse. will keep you posted.
Old 29th January 2015, 20:11   #2122
Senior - BHPian

I just got myself the Dainese SCARPA NIGHTHAWK Gore Tex boots

Cost INR 16999/-

Review to follow as I am yet to wear them. Here are a couple of pics of the same.

The Riding Gear thread-img_7421.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-img_7422.jpg

PS: Not sure why the images shows upturned/tilted though

#LLB

Last edited by Shubz : 29th January 2015 at 20:14.
Old 29th January 2015, 22:25   #2123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
I just got myself the Dainese SCARPA NIGHTHAWK Gore Tex boots

Cost INR 16999/-

Review to follow as I am yet to wear them. Here are a couple of pics of the same.
Lovely pair Shubz! Quality appears to be top notch. Goes with the Harley look. Do let us know how it feels on Sunday ride (BTW, where are you guys off to this weekend, let me know, I'll try to join in. Thanks)

I was looking at TCX boots which appear to be good at reasonable prices. Sometime soon, but the pants first.

Also had a look at Rjays All season pants once again at X-Torque. M was loose and small wasn't available. They also had some boots from Nitro, but no Rjays in stock. Must admit Rjays jackets were good, better than Cramster, though around 9K I guess. Eventually bought Rjays bike cover (purchase pending for long), it is good and fits the bike well.

At X-Torque, met a nice guy called Arvind who rides a Fatboy and manages this place in HSR along with their Cafe. He said they were expecting new stocks next week.

AGV sport also doesn't seem to be good quality as reports of tearing on the inner lining is all over the net. Will skip it as I'm not sure how exchange/return would be treated in such an event.

Some more hunting to go
rakesh_S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 08:38   #2124
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

Ride Safe

#LLB
X-Torque has moved from Kasturi Nagar to Dodda Nekkundi (Behind Soulspace Arena Mall), Outer Ring Road. They did not have any RJays riding gear with them. I was told only the HSR store has RJays.

I am planning to visit Orion Motors today, will let you know if I find RJays riding boots there.
Chida is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2015, 23:17   #2125
Senior - BHPian

Guys, need a few inputs.

I have a budget of around Rs. 5000. I am looking to buy some riding gear for the same.

I had thought of the DSG Primal or SPG Ares gloves, after which I felt that buying a riding jacket would be far more useful and protective.

Been looking around, but there seem to be a number of choices. The best of which seem to be the SPG Icarus. I would like it to be wearable in the winter and the summer and be able to tackle the rains as well.

Are jackets a better option over gloves? Also, any other jackets/gloves you might suggest?

The best bet would be to get both within Rs. 5000. But, I am not sure that is possible.

Any inputs are welcome.

I must add that this is intended to be an everyday jacket since I expect to wear this everyday to work.

For a daily commute, would the Helios really be necessary? Or would the Atlas or Icarus from SPG do the job? The daily commute will be a ride to Whitefield via Old Airport Road, that will be around 17km. I am not a speed freak, I stick to speeds of around 65kmph when the roads are empty.

Links:

Atlas: http://spartanprogear.com/Details.as...=1&cat=3&typ=4

Icarus: http://spartanprogear.com/Details.as...=2&cat=3&typ=1

Helios: http://spartanprogear.com/Details.as...=1&cat=3&typ=1

And to add to my confusion, we have the DSG Evo! http://www.planetdsg.com/dsg-evo-jac...f99c681b47a211

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 2nd February 2015 at 23:42.
Old 2nd February 2015, 23:51   #2126
BHPian

Quote:
X-Torque has moved from Kasturi Nagar to Dodda Nekkundi (Behind Soulspace Arena Mall), Outer Ring Road. They did not have any RJays riding gear with them. I was told only the HSR store has RJays.

I am planning to visit Orion Motors today, will let you know if I find RJays riding boots there.
Chida, if you are specifically looking for RJays, do try and visit Motoadda on CMH Road. They have some RJays gear with them, including jackets and pants which looked nice. They also have a website www.motoadda.in. I bought my RJays paddock stand from them this weekend and they seemed to have the jackets in stock.
Not sure about boots, they carry a brand called Tarmac which I saw there. Seems to be a 'goodish' quality product, but I only gave it a cursory look. You may want to research those if you like.
Hope that helps.
Old 3rd February 2015, 01:33   #2127
Senior - BHPian

The corrected website is http://motoadda.com/ not .IN
aargee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2015, 18:20   #2128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkurS View Post
Chida, if you are specifically looking for RJays, do try and visit Motoadda on CMH Road. They have some RJays gear with them, including jackets and pants which looked nice. They also have a website www.motoadda.in. I bought my RJays paddock stand from them this weekend and they seemed to have the jackets in stock.
Not sure about boots, they carry a brand called Tarmac which I saw there. Seems to be a 'goodish' quality product, but I only gave it a cursory look. You may want to research those if you like.
Hope that helps.
Thanks Ankur.

No, I am not very particular on RJAYS; based on reviews I felt it would be good value for money. Unfortunately, when I tried RJAYS Octane & all season jackets in Orion Motors found the size to be bigger.
Old 4th February 2015, 00:11   #2129
BHPian

Anyone used Speed and strength gear? Ordering a mesh jacket as my perforated leather jacket is unbearable during the day.

I've narrowed down to their Under the Radar jacket as it comes with CE armor even in the back. Reviews are few on the internet, hence the query. This is for short city rides mainly.

Last edited by djpeesh : 4th February 2015 at 00:13.
Old 4th February 2015, 00:55   #2130
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Need a suggestion. I might be traveling to US for a very short business trip. The only excitement I have for it is that, I plan to get some riding gear for me.

I have currently, A* SMX5 boots, A*SMX2 mesh riding gloves, DSG Maze riding jacket. I am mostly interested in getting a Riding Jacket and Pant combination.

Here are a few considerations:
Delhi/Gurgaon are hotter places so mostly mesh makes sense. But I am hoping for a few track days some time in future where only Leather gear is allowed.

Should I get mesh riding gear for the street use, and if an opportunity for the track day comes then get the AGV Sport or Cramster riding suits?
or
I should get the 2 piece leather riding suit straight away from the US which I can use on the street and the track as well?

I am mostly inclined on getting the Mesh stuff from US, but any pointers or suggestions are most welcome.

Regards
Rachit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks