Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2015, 00:31   #2581
Senior - BHPian

Got my first full leather gloves. Got ASPIDA - Pegasus Gloves, short cuff ones. Fitting and feel is very good. Will know more about them after a couple of rides. Just might get too hot in the summers.
Old 28th September 2015, 10:40   #2582
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Also, I had purchased Rynox gloves (pics attached) last year (May'14) before my Ladakh ride from OTG which have been serving well so far. No complaints or quality issues regarding the product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
I picked up some Rynox gloves for my Bhutan ride. By the time I'd reached Nashik, I wanted to toss them out. The leather peeled off, the dye came off on my hands and there were some weird pains in my index finger.
Been using the Rynox Inferno gloves for well over 25,000 kms now, no issues whatsoever. Here's the review.

Picked up TBG Sport gloves from Let's Gear Up, Bangalore last weekend. Got the wrong size, but they are replacing without any trouble. Will post a review once used proper.
Old 30th September 2015, 22:44   #2583
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, any recommendations for Spine protector and knee guards that i can get from the US?

Spine protector - I want to have the full length one till the tail bone.
Knee Guards - Would prefer something that can be worn both under and over the pants as and when required with high degree of protection
Old 2nd October 2015, 22:09   #2584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Guys, any recommendations for Spine protector and knee guards that i can get from the US?

Spine protector - I want to have the full length one till the tail bone.
Knee Guards - Would prefer something that can be worn both under and over the pants as and when required with high degree of protection
This knee guard from Dainese seems to offer bit more comprehensive protection. Good reviews for this.
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/d...-v-e1-n-guards

Spine protector there are many choices in Revzilla. Read reviews and see what best suits you.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/d...back-protector

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/j...back-protector

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/a...back-protector

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/a...back-protector
Old 2nd October 2015, 23:40   #2585
Senior - BHPian

As whencut mentioned the dainese ones are great so far. I use them and am happy with them. Just feel the closing flaps are the wrong side first.
Old 3rd October 2015, 10:46   #2586
BHPian

Do we get these Dainese Knee V E1N guards from Bangalore store? Can any one who has visited the Dainese store in Bangalore confirm if they have these in stocks or can be ordered from there store? Should plan a Bangalore trip just to get gear from Dainese store.
Old 3rd October 2015, 11:04   #2587
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
Do we get these Dainese Knee V E1N guards from Bangalore store? Can any one who has visited the Dainese store in Bangalore confirm if they have these in stocks or can be ordered from there store? Should plan a Bangalore trip just to get gear from Dainese store.
Yes they have these knee guards in Bangalore store. Costs 6000 a pair. Just called them yesterday.
Old 4th October 2015, 17:44   #2588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
I picked up some Rynox gloves for my Bhutan ride. By the time I'd reached Nashik, I wanted to toss them out. The leather peeled off, the dye came off on my hands and there were some weird pains in my index finger.

Tried to upload a photo but bhopal does my seem like my phone and 3g keeps coming and going.
The Riding Gear thread-1443960594288.jpg

Here are the gloves. The leather from the fingers came off, probably because of the rain. Had to borrow a friend's backup pair of Triumph branded ones. They survived the trip while the Rynox ones were abandoned in Hotel Golden Palms, near Bhopal airport.

In terms of gear, after surviving two high speed crashes and walking away without a scratch, I have to say gear saves beyond what you expect.

My AGV Sport leather jacket saved me from broken bones and road rash when I collided with a dog at 80 kmph and a taxi in Bhutan at 50 kmph. I'll never ever stint on gear again.

The jacket is still scratch less with the titanium shoulder cap dented on one side. Need to figure out if that can be replaced.
djpeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 14:10   #2589
BHPian

Re: Rynox Deal from Outdoor Travel Gear (Mumbai, Thane & Goa)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelemail View Post
Thanks mate. I bought DSG EVO jacket and a pair of basic gloves last Saturday. Fitted well within by budget and seems to be of decent quality, except for the back protection.

Thanks once again for the suggestion.
Please stay away from DSG gloves (basic one). Its not even 1 month and had been to only a couple of long rides, but the stitches are coming off already.

Will post the picture shortly.
Old 6th October 2015, 07:17   #2590
BHPian

As mentioned in my previous post the stitches are coming off in left glove. The right glove is intact.
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-1444095866074.jpg  

Old 6th October 2015, 10:41   #2591
Distinguished - BHPian

DSG quality has gone to dogs. It is no longer a reliable brand that it used to be. It has joined the league of Cramster!

Their Gloves, Pants, Jackets have a lot of quality issues. I would not buy any of their products in future. There are much better alternatives available
Old 7th October 2015, 15:50   #2592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpcard View Post
I have seen a triumph rider in and around my locality with a backpack which seems to have an outershell I guess for impact protection and it looks very smart as well, any idea if these are available in India and what brands to look out for! I checked a few of these bags on amazon.com but they costed upwards of 20k in most cases.

Is this what you are looking for?
Just saw this on Facebook. Check it out.

http://www.zeusmotorcyclegear.com/co...-daypack-white
Happysmiles is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 00:40   #2593
BHPian

Any one have any reviews on the Icon Reign Waterproof boots? I found a good deal on iCasque.co.uk (it's coming to $170 including shipping). My Alpinestars boots were shredded on the trip.

Also picking up a pair of Ixon gloves (since the shipping price is the same. They have 50% off)
Old 17th October 2015, 17:19   #2594
BHPian

I have been riding since 2003 and my only protective gear has been my helmet till now. Even if I am a pillion I do use the helmet. All these years my ride has been purely for commuting and within cities. Now given the road conditions and the unpredictable road manners of others I do feel I should start adopting the protective gear. I am also developing this itch of touring of late and I may or may not start touring sometime soon (subject to my bike upgrade). I am a noob in this department and need advice on the equipment (read gear) I need to buy as a starter.

Request the gurus to suggest the preferred brands based on their experience.
Old 17th October 2015, 18:26   #2595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
I am a noob in this department and need advice on the equipment (read gear) I need to buy as a starter
First of all, I would suggest you to understand what's in the market rather than asking any self proclaimed guru stating you should buy this or that as no one known you better than you do

Few years ago, I wrote this article in Gearheads, however, TBhp blocks the link to Gearheads so I cannot provide that link to you here. Would suggest going through it as starters, Google for "gearheads, aargee, riding gears" & click on the first link

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks