Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2016, 14:38   #2731
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjbmw2001 View Post
Thank you.

How long does a single pair last?

Secondly - How is the blade helmet in terms of comfort and wind howl levels.
My axor is bearable till 55kph after that it seems like I'm in tornado. Tried to cover all the vents but to no avail.
I am using a MT blade and wind noise is very much under control till about 130 km/h. It helps if you duck down which makes it even quieter even at 100 km/h.
Comfort though is top notch, only thing is the internal visor over time becomes loose and comes down slightly (when internal visor is not engaged), not a big deal though.
Aniket6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 14:43   #2732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjbmw2001 View Post
Hello Folks,

Tried searching this thread for information on ear plugs, couldn't find any.

1) Is anyone using earplugs - city ride and long distance rides
2) If yes to 1, which brand and type of earplugs
3) Is there a substantial difference in the wind noise levels?
4) Would they be recommended?

The reason is I have a Vega Axor helmet and the wind howl is loud - looking at ear plugs to reduce this without too much compromise on hearing the usual road noise
1) Yes its most commonly used on long distance rides.
2) Usually its the 3M ones that are commonly available or you can even try dbsafe
3) Obviously as your ear canal is plugged.
4) Yes, if wind noise is really bothering. as the noise could damage one's hearing.
Shubz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 17:08   #2733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Need suggestions on what gloves to buy or if I should change the grips...
Quoting your post from the helmets thread. Riding gloves in addition to comfort will protect your hand in different ways. A well designed riding glove is always advisable. You have options with Cramster, TBG (Sold at let's gear up), BBG (A Chennai riding gear maker and has a page on facebook), Spartan/Aspida (Sold at biking spirit in Bangalore. Own a full gauntlet glove of this brand. My earlier gloves got stolen so got the same gloves due to the comfort and the protection offered by this glove). Have a look at all these options and pick up whichever matches your budget and is comfortable.
Old 3rd March 2016, 20:54   #2734
BHPian

Guys, I am looking for armoured over pants for daily ride. Suggestions please. Could Cramster velocity and Royal Enfield riding pants be used as over pants ?
Old 3rd March 2016, 21:57   #2735
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
Guys, I am looking for armoured over pants for daily ride. Suggestions please. Could Cramster velocity and Royal Enfield riding pants be used as over pants ?
I think RE pants will be easier to live with if used on a daily basis, there are few options on them as well.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 10:55   #2736
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I think RE pants will be easier to live with if used on a daily basis, there are few options on them as well.
As Sheel mentioned, the protective pants from RE, especially the jeans will be good for daily ride. These come with CE rated knee protectors. But the ground reality is that these are very rare at the dealerships and I don't trust online buying of pants, t-shirts, jackets, etc since fitting will be a gamble without trial.

The other good option is Zeus riding jeans. These are better than the RE jeans because they come with Kevlar lining, CE protectors for knee as well as hip. I have seen this stuff at Gear Up, Kolkata and it looks to be a very good product. Below is the link.

http://www.zeusmotorcyclegear.com/pr...torcycle-jeans
psurelia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 11:39   #2737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
adrian mate looking at your requirement of buying an armoured riding over pant for daily ride. I would suggest you to avoid Cramster Velocity which is a cordura pant with no mesh panels. I have a similar DSG Nero pants and believe me these cordura pants are not over pants meaning you cannot wear a pant beneath these only boxer shorts or Bermuda's will do. Also these cordura riding pants aren't suitable for daily riding as they will make you sweat like crazy without mesh panels. Both Cramster Velocity and DSG Nero are touring pants and will be an overkill for daily riding. Royal Enfield textile pants too don't have any mesh panels AFAIK. Denim range of riding pants with Kevlar is good but I am not sure if you can use them as an over pant. I would suggest you to have a look at mesh riding pants from local and foreign manufacturers depending on your budget. Spartan Aspida Proteus is a good option to begin with, then you also have DSG Aero, AGV Sport Solare, apart from the options mentioned above by some of the members. Do not buy it online as size and fitting is very important before choosing to buy.

Last edited by navin_v8 : 4th March 2016 at 11:40.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 20:30   #2738
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Have you checked out the rynox advento pants? Looks pretty good and I plan to get one for myself as a touring starter pack.

Anybody here have these? Any opinions?
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 22:15   #2739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by psurelia View Post
As Sheel mentioned, the protective pants from RE...,
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
adrian mate looking .... to buy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Have you checked out the rynox......opinions?
Thank you for the suggestions. As a first step on the hunt, visited the Royal Enfield showroom and checked on the Royal Enfield Riding Trousers.

The Riding Gear thread-royal-enfield-pants.jpg

The riding pants is of good quality with removable thermal liners and air vents.They claim it to be waterproof. The armour is of decent quality and the hip padding is also good. On inquiry of the use of the same as an over pants, got the reply that it can be used over the pants but will cause discomfort in long rides. The major pro for this is the price which is Rs.5499/- and that it can be bought after trying it on. (Don't have much shops in Trivandrum that sell riding apparels). So have kept this as an option. So the next stop is at Helmet world to check out on other brands which have mesh type pants. Thanks again for your time. Really appreciate it.
regards Arun

Last edited by adrian : 4th March 2016 at 22:36. Reason: adding some more
Old 6th March 2016, 14:19   #2740
AWD
BHPian

I tried RE riding trousers, they are ok but can't be worn in warm climates. Vents are too small to offer goos ventilation, gets really hot inside.
AWD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 21:38   #2741
Senior - BHPian

Happened to check out a safer jacket for my better half as well since she turns out to be my pillion for most of the long rides.

None other than Aspida had anything special for women in Kochi. Aspida Venus is an apt offering but bit pricey for the exclusivity. INR 6.8K while it had nothing more than the Nemesis with even lesser mesh and more cordura. But it fits her well

Again need the next size for more comfy wear which has a waiting of a few weeks. Any other suggestions at this price range?
Old 9th March 2016, 22:32   #2742
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for one piece leather suit, budget is around 35K. AGV sports was a good choice but sadly no one has it in stock(price was around 36K). Can someone suggest good alternative? Any reviews on TBG racing suit?
Old 9th March 2016, 22:47   #2743
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
I am looking for one piece leather suit, budget is around 35K. AGV sports was a good choice but sadly no one has it in stock(price was around 36K). Can someone suggest good alternative? Any reviews on TBG racing suit?
PRS is getting new stock of the 36K leathers in around a month's time. It seems to be a good VFM product with very positive feedback from actual users.
Old 9th March 2016, 23:33   #2744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
PRS is getting new stock of the 36K leathers in around a month's time. It seems to be a good VFM product with very positive feedback from actual users.
I got the same time quote from them about 15 days back, I could wait a month more I guess!
Old 9th March 2016, 23:39   #2745
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
I got the same time quote from them about 15 days back, I could wait a month more I guess!
They are getting new stock of the model which costs 55K by the end of March and the 35K one in a months time. BTW do you happen to know the exact model name of the 35K one piece suit? The PRS facebook page calls it the Phantom but they say the Phantom is actually the 55K one, confusing!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks