Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2016, 20:45   #2911
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Hello Riders,

RE is beefing up its gear collection! It has recently added 3 new pairs of protective riding boots. It seems nicely put together. Obviously they are re-branded as RE. If you can spot the OEM product please share the link.
Looked in local stores but stocks have not arrived yet but is available online.

https://store.royalenfield.com/colle...oes-protective

Low riding boots Rs 6,500/-
The Riding Gear thread-riding_shoes_low.jpg

Mid riding boots Rs 7,500/-
The Riding Gear thread-riding_shoes_mid.jpg

High/Long riding boots Rs 11,000/-
The Riding Gear thread-riding_shoes_high.jpg

I must say the prices are very competitive

Ride safe,
Surja
surjaonwheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2016, 11:25   #2912
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Hello Avi Sir,Did you buy this Jacket online ?
If so how much time did it take to reach you and kindly state website address.
Hey Great! Yes, it was ordered online and got delivered to US address and btw, it was a gift to me

If I remember correctly, it was ordered from Motorcycle center

https://www.motorcyclecenter.com/c/M...ts/3/1262.html
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2016, 12:30   #2913

On 4th of September 2016 exactly 2 days after I bought my bike, I bought a MT Axxis blade helmet (orange and white colour). I use it regularly. Its been almost 2 months now and I feel the helmet lacks ventilation and I feel sweaty on my head (hair specifically), the air vent on the front works but the vents on the top seems to let no air in the helmet. Also the helmet visor fogs up a lot especially on rainy and cold mornings. When I open the visor a little then the fogging doesn't occur.

I have a few questions

1. How can I improve ventilation in my helmet (I have never faced this issue with my previous helmets ls2, vega)?

2. Is there anything I can do to avoid fogging up of my helmet visor on cold and rainy mornings other than opening my visor because I hate cold wind against my eyes and nose?

Thanks
Old 9th November 2016, 14:13   #2914
BHPian

Bought the Aspida Ares gloves after reading the reviews here and I absolutely love them. The only thing I hate about the gloves is there is no touchscreen compatibility for phones and stuff.

Is there a way to make the leather gloves touchscreen compatible ?

Also now am researching and hunting for good Shoes / Boots for riding.
Old 9th November 2016, 14:46   #2915
BHPian

Bad experience with DSG

I had purchased a DSG riding pant a year back (forgot the exact name). It was newly introduced apparently. Since at that time Rynox and Cramster did not have any riding pants and having heard mixed reviews about RE riding pant, I went with DSG. At first look it felt extremely well built and of good quality. However in just one short ride the stitching came off from the sides (sorry again, no pictures). Took it to Juhu DSG store in Mumbai and showed him. It was a clear case of bad design. He offered me a replacement, but what was the guarantee that the new one won't face the same issue? Since money back was not an option, I went with another type of DSG pant. It served me well for a year and survived Ladakh too. But now few days back this happened.

The Riding Gear thread-img_0206.jpg

I don't expect this to serve me any good and now I have completely lost trust in this brand.

What are the options now? Rynox has come up with Advento which looks good at some 8k. Any other recommendations (budget upto 8k)?
Dodge_Viper is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 12:34   #2916
BHPian

Great initiative from Royal Enfield at very competitive prices.

However, I wonder how have they taken care of the protection that a riding boot should have for example - Ankle protection, toe slider, lower shin bone, back heel etc. as the images do not give an idea regarding the same.
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 13:14   #2917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
Great initiative from Royal Enfield at very competitive prices.

However, I wonder how have they taken care of the protection that a riding boot should have for example - Ankle protection, toe slider, lower shin bone, back heel etc. as the images do not give an idea regarding the same.
Hi Amey,

These are sample pics, check out the link for more details.

Touring boots have TPU inserts in the toe box, heel box and shin (mid, high boots). Ankle protection is less compared to race boots due to the touring purpose. There are no linkages or frames to protect your feet from twist. But flex can be restricted to a certain degree due to the rigidity of construction.

Cheers,
Surja
surjaonwheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 14:57   #2918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Bad experience with DSG

I had purchased a DSG riding pant a year back (forgot the exact name). It was newly introduced apparently. Since at that time Rynox and Cramster did not have any riding pants and having heard mixed reviews about RE riding pant, I went with DSG. At first look it felt extremely well built and of good quality. However in just one short ride the stitching came off from the sides (sorry again, no pictures). Took it to Juhu DSG store in Mumbai and showed him. It was a clear case of bad design. He offered me a replacement, but what was the guarantee that the new one won't face the same issue? Since money back was not an option, I went with another type of DSG pant. It served me well for a year and survived Ladakh too. But now few days back this happened.

Attachment 1574631

I don't expect this to serve me any good and now I have completely lost trust in this brand.

What are the options now? Rynox has come up with Advento which looks good at some 8k. Any other recommendations (budget upto 8k)?
I agree with you. I also have a DSG Jacket (the basic one) and a DSG leather racing suit.

These issues have occurred with me too.

Coming back to your question, a couple of my friends are using the RYNOX and Cramster pants and are happy with it.

But I personally love the Triumph pants. Saves you from the heaviest of the rainfalls and pretty comfortable too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Hi Amey,

These are sample pics, check out the link for more details.

Touring boots have TPU inserts in the toe box, heel box and shin (mid, high boots). Ankle protection is less compared to race boots due to the touring purpose. There are no linkages or frames to protect your feet from twist. But flex can be restricted to a certain degree due to the rigidity of construction.

Cheers,
Surja
Great! Of course Royal Enfield must have outsourced these to a reputed manufacturing brand and should have protection as per the application suggested by the type of boots.

Looking at the price increase in Alpinestars boots range, this can be a very good option for weekend riders.

Last edited by mobike008 : 11th November 2016 at 16:34. Reason: Please use the edit button to add to your post within the first 30 minutes of submission. Use multiquote to respond to multiple posts at one go. Back to back posts merged.
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 15:17   #2919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Nice, good to know about TPU inserts in touring boots, covers almost all points in case of a fall. Touring boots are far more comfortable and its easy to change gears while riding than street/race boots I might buy the mid riding boots from RE, quality looks top notch and at that price point they are truly vfm.

By the way, latest addition to my riding gear are Rynox raid pants, the fit is good, love the cushioning on the rear side. Knox armor on knees and hips, adjustable armor on the knees(covers shins too). Got them for 6450 inr from xlimitz, pune. Once I buy the boots my gear is complete, currently using army commando boots which offer good basic protection.

Last edited by Siddy : 11th November 2016 at 15:19.
Siddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 15:58   #2920
Senior - BHPian

Gents, have any of you picked up riding pants for your better (or bitter ) halves ?

Can't go the US order route as sizing can be an issue, as most the sizes are much larger than the regular Indian women sizes. So don't prefer taking that path for now.

Any options at all ?

Last edited by praful : 11th November 2016 at 16:00.
Old 11th November 2016, 20:09   #2921
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Gents, have any of you picked up riding pants for your better (or bitter ) halves ?.......Any options at all ?
Have looked for them around 2 years back and never found anything local in Bangalore. Visited Lets gear up, Biking Spirit and even the stores in Lal Bagh road. Nada!! Not sure if situation has improved now with some options for the ladies. Worth a shot checking at LGU and Biking Spirit.
Old 13th November 2016, 21:20   #2922
BHPian

Dainese is having a sale. Got a great deal on a leather jacket and Agv helmet. @50% off.
patron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 14:23   #2923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
Dainese is having a sale. Got a great deal on a leather jacket and Agv helmet. @50% off.
Where? If online, any link would be helpful.
Old 14th November 2016, 14:34   #2924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Where? If online, any link would be helpful.
It's in the Orion mall store, Brigade Gateway, Bangalore. They don't have an online store.
Old 17th November 2016, 23:21   #2925
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
Most of the good stuff is getting over. However, I did pick up a jacket at 20% off, and added additional spine protection for that money. Did not like the pants in stocks and no shoes for my size either.

Most Viewed