Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2016, 07:48   #2941
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

I recently acquired the Dainese knee V knee protector and Manis G2 back protector. Loved the knee protector, very comfortable, flexible and protects the shin as well. The Riding Gear thread-img_4984.jpg
csr9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 21:39   #2942
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csr9 View Post
I recently acquired the Dainese knee V knee protector and Manis G2 back protector. Loved the knee protector, very comfortable, flexible and protects the shin as well
Congrats! Looks great. Please share where you bought it from and price?
Old 31st December 2016, 08:43   #2943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congrats! Looks great. Please share where you bought it from and price?
Thank you! I got them from a UK Website (Link), delivered to a UK adderess. The back protector costed £49.99 while the knee protector is £37.49. In India, the prices are as below,

Manis D1 G2 Rs.6,999/-
Knee V E1 Rs.5,999/-

Got the quote from the Dainese store, Orion mall, Bangalore.

Hope this helps!
csr9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 12:30   #2944
BHPian

My riding gear set is finally complete!

Details:
1. Solace threshold riding boots (full length): Recently acquired from Open roads outlet for 7200 inr, wonderful boots, great protection, very comfortable and value for money
2. Rynox raid pants: Bought from Xlimitz store for 6750 inr, very comfortable riding pants, Knox armor on knee, shin and hip area, strong fabric material
3. Cramster Breezer riding jacket: Bought from Xlimitz store for 5950 inr, been using this jacket for almost 2 years now! True to its name, the mesh works just fine in our weather
4. DSG primal gloves: Bought from DSG store for 3750 inr, I think I spent a little too much here but its full leather with great protection & integrates so well with my riding jacket, always wanted full gauntlets!
5. MT axxis helmet: Bought from DSMoto store for 4150 inr, got the helmet for a small discount, perfect snug fit, washable and high quality!
6. Via terra velox saddle bags: Bought from XLimitz store for 2750 inr, got these for a small discount as well, works brilliantly on my D390! Adequate space for 2-3 days of travel
7. Alpinestars balaclava: Bought online for 300 inr , I bought it to keep my helmet smelling good and soak some sweat
Siddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 11:39   #2945
Senior - BHPian

Got myself the Merlin Titan Outlast WP jacket from GetGeared.co.uk

Paid £127.49

Great fit! Good combination of black / hi viz green / red!

The Riding Gear thread-20170108photo00000700.jpg

Very good reflectives.

The Riding Gear thread-img_8343.jpg

http://www.getgeared.co.uk/merlin-ti...p-black-yellow

Keeps it warm when its cold outside and vice versa. Doesn't mean its cool when exposed to direct sunlight at standstill.

Good armour on the shoulder / elbow / forearm and a back protector too.

Has an awesome "full hi-viz" internal thermal liner (removable). Am sure this won't be required for Bangalore climate.

Pros:
Touring jacket with good venting
Great color combo. Not too loud.
Easy zippers.
Good storage areas. two pockets near the thighs. two on the chest with wp layering.
Velcro bands around the waist area to fit it snug

Cons:
Cannot be zipped to the riding pant as the zipper system is weird.
Shubz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 16:23   #2946
BHPian

Nonoise Motorsport Earplugs

After riding a Harley Davidson Iron 883 and a Fat Boy for some time sans ear plugs, the need for noise protection showed up when exhausts were upgraded to Vance & Hines and riding skills became more honed. Not wanting to jump into the deep end of the pool price wise, tried Airline foam ear plugs first. Airline foam ear-plugs blocked all sounds, and I mean all sounds. No more traffic noise, wind noise, Sena communications, and even hearing directions when one was lost. In fact it was a tunnel of silence. Whilst cheap (well free..), the Airline foam ear-plugs were uncomfortable with the helmet on (and get dislodged easily) and also got dirty and tore easily. Upon extended wear (10 to 12 hour days) they caused a “muffled head” feel.

As a step up, I bought the Hearos Ear Plugs (foam). The Hearos were slightly better. They were better in quality and feel, but they also did deaden the sound - all sound - just like the no brand Airline foam ear-plugs. Extended wear did have the same discomfort, and being slightly bigger were not very comfortable with the helmet on. Dumb charades continued to be the main mode of communication with these ear-plugs in place. Whilst better in quality (and more expensive) than the Airline foam ear-plugs, I still needed something more comfortable that would cut down the wind sound, but let me hear traffic noises, and use the Sena communicator.

A friend (and one of the Founders of the Bikings & Bike and Biker) recommended the Nonoise Motorsport Earplugs. I’ve only used them for a 300 kilometer ride so far, and here’s what I found. They fit well right from the first time, and were not uncomfortable both while donning or shedding a helmet. They do a good job of removing a lot of the wind noise (still noticeable but not hearing debilitating). They certainly allow one to hear traffic noise and Sena transmissions. However, they do deaden the sound a little (sometimes muffles voices). Engine noise is more noticeable than the “dead” silent foam plugs, but in a good way that does not contribute to fatigue, or the “ear / head tingling” post a ride. These plugs seem to be a better balance between the need to not be deafened when on a motorbike and the need to hear traffic, communications and some ambient noise. I plan to use them for a few long rides in the coming months, and will be able to assess if they are worth the price. For now, post my first experience with them, they seem to be holding their value.

Here's the link to the ear plugs: http://www.nonoise-earplugs.com/en/products/motorsport/
Warlock is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 00:06   #2947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
Nonoise Motorsport Earplugs

I've been using these for a while now (around 6 months or so) and I've found them doing exactly what they are meant to. It's very interesting how they (NoNoise) has managed to make a filter, which is ceramic, which blocks out just certain frequencies. It lets the sound of horns, sirens, and comms in and blocks out the more noisy wind noise which can be deafening at higher speeds.
They're reusable and washable and come in their own nifty little case so you'll never have to look for another set of ear plugs in a while!
A cousin of mine who happens to be a doctor and a biker, kept telling me to get a set of ear plugs because they are really necessary. Biking takes it's toll on the body - your back may or may not show wear, or the knees, but the hearing will take a beating for sure if you're not careful.
Here's where I got mine - https://www.bikenbiker.com/collectio...ion-by-nonoise

Last edited by rjun04 : 26th January 2017 at 00:16.
rjun04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 11:49   #2948
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

Just to update on my gloves purchase. I had been trying to source the Darcha warm weather gloves from RE for quite sometime after reading various good reviews on its comfort and safety aspects. It looks like a rebranded Revit Sand Pro. However I wasn't successful in sourcing one in my size online or from RE Stores for past 6 months at-least.

During a recent visit to RE Stores while waiting for delivery of my bike after service, they told me that Darcha gloves has not been available in stock for more than 6 months now and hence chances are that RE is no longer sourcing the same from suppliers. The sales advisor Mr.Risen is a nice chap and he suggested me to buy RE Long Riding Gloves after understanding my usage is primarily for weekend long ride and tours. I was little hesitant thinking it will be very uncomfortable in the tropical weather but his own testimonial of using one on his Electra for more than an year made me buy one.

At INR2999, I realized its a VFM deal with adequate protection levels as near competitors were almost double the price. Used it for couple of weekend trips including cold high-range mornings and warm day rides. Its pre-shaped and fits well with my riding position on TB500. Its very comfortable and I recommend to give a try if you are in market for full gloves. Need to wait and see the durability part.

Last edited by jacs : 8th February 2017 at 11:54.
jacs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 15:59   #2949
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Just to update on my gloves purchase. I had been trying to source the Darcha warm weather gloves from RE for quite sometime after reading various good reviews on its comfort and safety aspects. It looks like a rebranded Revit Sand Pro. However I wasn't successful in sourcing one in my size online or from RE Stores for past 6 months at-least.
Strange, these seem to be available online though - https://store.royalenfield.com/colle...s-black-silver

I have found that these fit true to size (unlike, for example - Alpinestars. I have to go a size up in them). I usually wear a large and the L fit me like ....

And yes, the comfort is second to none. Amazing glove!
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 10:12   #2950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Strange, these seem to be available online though -And yes, the comfort is second to none. Amazing glove!
Oh yes! L looks available in Black & White shade now.

Anyways not feeling sad since the long glove is working well for me and got some fund towards the riding pants which is on cards before next major ride. Rynox Advento is shortlisted as it fits my size better compared to Aspida and still within the budget
Old 15th February 2017, 22:53   #2951
BHPian

@Siddy I see you bought the solace riding boots. I am currently looking for boots myself. I was wondering if you tried some others before settling for the solace boots?
Old 16th February 2017, 22:10   #2952
Senior - BHPian

How are the new RE footwear, particularly the short riding boots and low rise riding shoes ?
Old 16th February 2017, 22:47   #2953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhav Nayak View Post
@Siddy I see you bought the solace riding boots. I am currently looking for boots myself. I was wondering if you tried some others before settling for the solace boots?
I tried the Falco oxegen 2 (14,000 inr) and BBG racing boots full length (8000 inr). I found solace threshold riding boots most comfortable at the price point. Falco's were very nicely made (italian import) but then 14k was a little too much I thought Overall the solace boots are a good buy, TPU protection all over, replaceable toe sliders, sole is anti skid and fire proof and grip is good too. The boots lock the shin guard inside my riding pants as well, boot height is slightly more than the A* smx 6. Black looks elegant and the boot is water resistant as well, though I plan not to wear then during monsoons. Definitely recommended at 7200 inr
Siddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 08:50   #2954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddy View Post
I tried the Falco oxegen 2 (14,000 inr) and BBG racing boots full length (8000 inr).
Not to nit-pick Sid, but Falco Oxegen 2 seem to retail at Rs.12750/- over SPG's website & that's inclusive of the shipping charges, I believe. And for those BBG full length boots, I've never found them in stock over their web-site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddy View Post
Overall the solace boots are a good buy, TPU protection all...
Between, would you mind revealing the store where you sourced them ? Believe you had the chance to try them on prior to purchase.
Old 17th February 2017, 15:15   #2955
Team-BHP Support

How to measure your palm length for buying gloves?

Most Viewed