Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2017, 00:43   #3136
BANNED

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Every hard knee guard worn externally will have a tendency to scratch the tank eventually.
A work around is to use side tank pads at the contact area to avoid scratching. They come in various shapes and sizes, even bike specific. Can also be had in transparent color for a conceal look.
Have used them on rides and work well. Alternatively, riding pants with in built protection is the way to go.
Thank you. But, I have not been able to find transparent side pads for the Dominar. Typically, I don't like to put stuff on the bike that will retract from its original look. But, I'd be willing to try transparent pads. By any chance, have you bought them before and would you be able to share a link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
I have not used knee gaurd but have seen that they scratch the tank and uncomfortable at times.

So instead I bought a Solace riding pants which has SAS TEC level 2 armours and I am pretty happy with that. You can try riding pants and then decide whether to go for knee gaurd or pants.

KK
The pants look nice. But, it is too biker specific for me. I want a more casual look that I can use for office as well. That's where denims work very well.
Old 19th December 2017, 08:01   #3137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post
Thank you. But, I have not been able to find transparent side pads for the Dominar. Typically, I don't like to put stuff on the bike that will retract from its original look. But, I'd be willing to try transparent pads. By any chance, have you bought them before and would you be able to share a link?

The pants look nice. But, it is too biker specific for me. I want a more casual look that I can use for office as well. That's where denims work very well.

These are denim riding pants. Looks casual and has protection as well. These pants are stretchable, have Kevlar and knee pads protection which are removable.
Check these out.
https://www.motoworld.com.sg/jacket/...8-black-colour

http://s.aliexpress.com/U3E3MVFr

Also for side tank protection, universal transparent sheets which you could cut to size available from Techspec on amazon.in
Happysmiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2017, 10:02   #3138
Team-BHP Support

How is the Ixon riding gear? Any of you using it? I am looking forward to replace my Joe Rockets in sometime and find Rev'it to be a bit pricey. Rev'it doesn't have the back protector as built-in, you have to buy that as an extra which should add another Rs. 5,000. My Joe Rockets have lasted me 7 years as of now and can do an year more [have purchased the protectors again after they degenerated]

Wish to buy a brand which would be supported. Just don't want to buy alpinestars.
Old 21st December 2017, 13:06   #3139
BHPian

usual shopping spree at Mustafa Mall (Singapore), I got these stuff:

Arm Sleeves (~Rs.700):
At home, I just wore these sleeves for a moment, and instantly felt cooling effect!! Lets see the real test, when I wear these under my jacket during rides.
The Riding Gear thread-tbhp-arm-sleeves.jpg

Gloves Hook
(~Rs.220) :
the gloves can be clamped on one end, and other end can be clamped on your jacket/pants.
The Riding Gear thread-tbhp-gloves-hook.jpg

For the hot season rides, I would be interested in some Hyperkewl inner-wear products, any pointers (part#, sources & prices) would be helpful, thanks.

Next, looking for a hydration bag (1.5 to 2 ltr water, and some storage space). Will check in my next visit to Decathlon, including the riding shorts (gel padded).

regards,
Pranav
pcpranav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 13:33   #3140
Senior - BHPian

If you are in singapore - you can look at Airism from Uniqlo for the inner wear hypercool stuff.
Old 21st December 2017, 14:58   #3141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
How is the Ixon riding gear? Any of you using it?

Wish to buy a brand which would be supported. Just don't want to buy alpinestars.
I've had Ixon gloves and they've held up OK. Not great. I just bought some Richa and Held gear. Looks pretty good in my first couple of rides. I'd say almost Klim levels, and D3o armor all around. Lots of sales online.
djpeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2017, 13:30   #3142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
I just bought some Richa and Held gear.
More details -which gear , pics and review please
Did you buy from Redliners, or from online portals?
Old 26th December 2017, 13:48   #3143
BHPian

Hi, can anyone suggest a good winter jacket and riding pants, Delhi winter to be precise. Nothing too expensive, anything under 10k would be great. Thanks in advance
Old 27th December 2017, 10:47   #3144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram_agg View Post
Hi, can anyone suggest a good winter jacket and riding pants, Delhi winter to be precise. Nothing too expensive, anything under 10k would be great. Thanks in advance
I have been using Cramster Eclipse for a few years now and I feel it is a ideal jacket for our extreme weather. The lower cordura portion is removable to make it a breathable mesh jacket for summers while putting it back on makes it a cozy warm jacket for our North India winters. Plus the half top Brazilian leather on the chest and sleeves is classy as well as functional. I love this jacket.

http://www.cramster.in/Jackets/ECLIP...d-2807862.html

Cheers...
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 14:16   #3145
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram_agg View Post
On top of your riding gear, wear your rain gear. And I hope your riding gear has all the winter/rain liners, should be enough.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 15:26   #3146
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
On top of your riding gear, wear your rain gear. And I hope your riding gear has all the winter/rain liners, should be enough.
I do the same, and it works like a charm. I have a plus-sized rain-gear which is a perfect fit if worn over my riding gear. Tried and tested in sub-zero temperatures with constant snowfall as well as in heavy rains.
//M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 22:14   #3147
Senior - BHPian

Any reviews on Zeus Dark Rider motorcycle Jeans?http://www.zeusmotorcyclegear.com/da...le-jeans-black

I want something lightweight and for casual/relaxed tourings. Already have a pair of riding pants, but, find it too cumbersome for quick getaways. Also, wearing a knee protector over normal jeans fouls with Fatboy's tank, hence, want to avoid them.

tia,
-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 7th January 2018 at 22:14. Reason: typo
Old 11th January 2018, 17:43   #3148
BHPian

Hi friends,

few weeks back I had purchased few items :

a) Solace Riding Pants @ Rs.7600:
I picked this from Wildfire store, from where I had purchased Solace Asmi jacket for wife few weeks back. The owner of store Mr.Ricardo is a nice person and called me when pants arrived, and I went to check the size / fittings.

Overall the pant is very good, I used for 2 long trips (~400 KM each). Only problem I faced is while riding, every sometime the knee pads keeps rolling upwards towards my upper legs, leaving my knee quite exposed with only a bit of padding left for protection. Actually knee pads have bit extension to act like a short & soft sheen guard too, and this shorter part just remains on the knees. On the go, I had to push these pads downside and continue. Im not sure what could be wrong.

b) Decathlon Kalenji Dry Running 3/4th pants @ Rs.699:
This short (3/4th, for me just covering knee) are synthetic, quick-dry & breathable. I wore it without UW, and directly wore the riding pant. Now without UW (cotton, and seams!), it was better.

I discussed my interest of buying their gel or padded cycling shorts (3 range available), but one of the guy told that such shorts wouldnt really help in case of motorcycle riding, so I didnt pursue further.

c) Decathlon Btwin Hydration Pack 520 (Black) @ Rs.2500:
It has a 2 litre water bladder and bag itself has 6 litre storage with few compartments. It good material, practical. Its my first time using such product, I did have many benefits to have water quickly, though I need to practice more for real-time water sipping on the ride itself. Even if I have to stop for water, its far more easy to sip than take out (or buy) water bottle! I feel a good investment, especially for long rides. Only concern, maybe with full 2 litres full of bladder (i.e. 2 kgs), there could be some weight feel on back while riding, nevertheless we can always fill the bladder with less water.

d) Decathlon Hydration Bag Cleaning kit @ Rs.199:
Found this kit (MRP 699 I guess) at one of Decathlon store and purchased it, maybe for later usage.

regards,
Pranav
pcpranav is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 22:26   #3149
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally my riding gear arrived, just left with the riding boots, will pick that this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-1516640114772.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-1516640141157.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-1516640163189.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-1516640178189.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-1516640195530.jpg  

AtheK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 11:15   #3150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
I discussed my interest of buying their gel or padded cycling shorts (3 range available), but one of the guy told that such shorts wouldnt really help in case of motorcycle riding, so I didnt pursue further.
Strange advice. The padded cycling shorts work very well. I tried them out for a 6 day ride and it keeps everything in place nicely with absolutely no chafing or discomfort. They work better than regular cycling shorts.

I got the padded ones and not the gel ones which I believe are more expensive.

Most Viewed