Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2019, 18:32   #3256
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Why is the phone not picking up GPS signal when atop The tank bag?? The bag pocket is too thick? Has anyone else experienced the same? So is a phone mount my only option?
Which tank bag is it? I have the Viaterra Fly v1 non-magnetic one. Google Maps navigation works perfectly, so do the GPS speedometer apps. Have you tried using a different phone?

Last edited by theredliner : 5th March 2019 at 18:37.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 19:22   #3257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Which tank bag is it? I have the Viaterra Fly v1 non-magnetic one. Google Maps navigation works perfectly, so do the GPS speedometer apps. Have you tried using a different phone?
I'm using the ViaTerra Fly as well, non magnetic (not sure which v). Didn't try any other GPS based apps. I'm using a OnePlus 6. Don't have another phone to try at the moment!
Old 5th March 2019, 19:29   #3258
BHPian

Quote:
I'm using the ViaTerra Fly as well, non magnetic (not sure which v). Didn't try any other GPS based apps. I'm using a OnePlus 6. Don't have another phone to try at the moment!
When was the bag bought? I believe Fly v2 was introduced sometime in 2017.
Also, which bike do you ride?
Old 5th March 2019, 20:16   #3259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
When was the bag bought? I believe Fly v2 was introduced sometime in 2017.
Also, which bike do you ride?
I bought the bag from a fellow BHPian probably a year ago. Not sure when it was manufactured.

I ride a Himalayan.

Does the manufacturing year of bag and the motorcycle I ride have anything to do with the phone picking up GPS signal?
Old 5th March 2019, 20:29   #3260
BHPian

Quote:
I bought the bag from a fellow BHPian probably a year ago. Not sure when it was manufactured.

I ride a Himalayan.

Does the manufacturing year of bag and the motorcycle I ride have anything to do with the phone picking up GPS signal?

Calm down

I asked about the year of manufacturing as I wanted to know if it was v1 or v2. I'm not sure how good the reception is in v2.

About the motorcycle - electronics can interfere with GPS signals, though unlikely. Also, a phone with weak GPS reception can perform worse on a supersport motorcycle where the rider would be leaning over the tank and blocking the area right above the phone.

Last edited by theredliner : 5th March 2019 at 20:33.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2019, 20:53   #3261
BHPian

Guys, little help for a novice rider. Would anyone be willing to spend some time over next weekend gear shopping around Chennai.
Old 11th April 2019, 22:12   #3262
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
Guys, little help for a novice rider. Would anyone be willing to spend some time over next weekend gear shopping around Chennai.
I messaged you my contact. I am not seasoned on this topic, but will be happy to share whatever I know.

PS :: Anytime towards the evening would be great to connect. I usually spend my day (till 11 AM) sleeping.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2019, 09:27   #3263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I messaged you my contact. I am not seasoned on this topic, but will be happy to share whatever I know.

PS :: Anytime towards the evening would be great to connect. I usually spend my day (till 11 AM) sleeping.
Thank you sir. Much appreciated. I will touch base with you.
Old 12th April 2019, 17:29   #3264
Senior - BHPian

Hello guys,
I need to change my riding jacket, I currently wear a Rynox Air GT v1.0 mesh jacket for the past few years. It's still in good nick but the itch to get a new one has bit me. I use this jacket primarily for my commute (Borivali-Airoli and back) that is a good 70-75 KMS per day. So comfort is a priority.
Considering our weather conditions a mesh or a textile jacket make the most sense. can you suggest some options within the 10-12K range?

Thanks
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2019, 18:49   #3265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Hello guys,
I need to change my riding jacket, I currently wear a Rynox Air GT v1.0 mesh jacket for the past few years. It's still in good nick but the itch to get a new one has bit me. I use this jacket primarily for my commute (Borivali-Airoli and back) that is a good 70-75 KMS per day. So comfort is a priority.
Considering our weather conditions a mesh or a textile jacket make the most sense. can you suggest some options within the 10-12K range?

Thanks
I would suggest you the Furygan jacket with D3O armors all around (Furygan Arrow Vented). It'll be comfortable and flexible for your daily commute. You need to buy the back protector separately, but it'll still be within your budget!

Head to Speed Merchant, Dr. Annie Besant Road, Mumbai.

Other options are all European too,
- RST
- Rev'it
- Dainese
Premium stuff, value worth their price!

Happy shopping! Seems you used your Rynox for good 4+ years: (The Riding Gear thread) It deserves an upgrade.

Cheers
--surjaonwheelz

Last edited by surjaonwheelz : 12th April 2019 at 19:14.
surjaonwheelz is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2019, 19:50   #3266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Hello guys,

Thanks

I got the Komine 086 full mesh jacket (made in Japan) from Orion motors, Bangalore.
It's the lightest mesh jacket, IMO, with full protection including chest.
Using it for 2 years and it's extremely comfortable in summers.
Beware of Chinese duplicates available on aliexpress.
Happysmiles is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2019, 14:09   #3267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
I would suggest you the Furygan jacket with D3O armors all around (Furygan Arrow Vented). It'll be comfortable and flexible for your daily commute. You need to buy the back protector separately, but it'll still be within your budget!

Head to Speed Merchant, Dr. Annie Besant Road, Mumbai.

Happy shopping! Seems you used your Rynox for good 4+ years: (The Riding Gear thread) It deserves an upgrade.

Cheers
--surjaonwheelz
Wow!! You dug out such an old post. Yes, I have been using the Rynox for a while now. Hence the need to change. I checked out the Furygan jacket and quite like it.

I did not of Speed Merchant, thanks for referring me to them. However, their website seems to be on the blink. The Riding gear link directs to their helmets listing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happysmiles View Post
I got the Komine 086 full mesh jacket (made in Japan) from Orion motors, Bangalore.
Thanks for this, I am indeed looking for a light weight jacket. I will check this jacket.

Regards
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2019, 16:00   #3268
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happysmiles View Post
Ive seen this in Orion Motors and was most impressed by the lightness of the jacket. It was much lighter than my A* jacket that Ive been using for several years now. I vaguely remember something about the Komine jacket was a slight negative for me, I cant remember now. Does it lack chest protectors? Can you share a more detailed review for us now that you have used it for 2 years, it will certainly come in handy for fellow BHPians.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 07:52   #3269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Ive seen this in Orion Motors and was most impressed by the lightness of the jacket. It was much lighter than my A* jacket that Ive been using for several years now. I vaguely remember something about the Komine jacket was a slight negative for me, I cant remember now. Does it lack chest protectors? Can you share a more detailed review for us now that you have used it for 2 years, it will certainly come in handy for fellow BHPians.

If you get the sizing correct, then the Komine mesh jacket is Perfect. Being a summer riding jacket almost all of the jacket in the front and pockets are mesh.
Yes, there is chest protection as well. Easy to remove the armors before washing. Remember to mark the armors while removing with a white marking pen with L and R.
Quality of zips, mesh, materials, reflective stripes, and velcro is top notch even after many washes.
I wear Drifit inners with the Komine mesh jacket. Perfect combination.
Order from the official websites /Resellers. Avoid Aliexpress. Komine is Made In Japan.
Lots of newer designs available now. Go for it, You won't be disappointed.
Happysmiles is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 09:25   #3270
BHPian

Can someone guide me to some online stores for buying riding boots? Except for RE and Spartan Pro Gear

Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks