Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2019, 10:00   #3271
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Got Riding Boots from RE store in Thane, they have a 20% discount on MRP for items above 5000 and 25% for items over 7000. They have quiet a lot of options in Jackets and gloves! These are for 5200 after discount.
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-img_20190421_183928.jpg  

Maverick5490 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 10:05   #3272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataclysm View Post
Can someone guide me to some online stores for buying riding boots?
High note performance based out of Delhi
Performance racing based out of Mumbai
6KIOM based out of Bengaluru
sukiwa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 21:19   #3273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
High note performance based out of Delhi
Performance racing based out of Mumbai
6KIOM based out of Bengaluru

Thanks for these links, 6kiom is new to me and they have a lovely collection of Furygan jackets. Even their helmet collection is well stocked. Will reach out to them regarding fitting.

Regards
hiren.mistry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 01:13   #3274
Distinguished - BHPian

Had been to Spartan Pro Gear, Uthandi (Chennai) and saw these jackets on sale. 25% IIRC. Its available in the mount road showroom as well, on the same models.

The Riding Gear thread-20190423_084549_hdr.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-20190423_084646_hdr.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-20190423_084642_hdr.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-20190423_084652.jpg
swiftnfurious is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th April 2019, 15:31   #3275
BHPian

Thanks swiftnfurious for the heads up. Rushed to Spartan by 10:40 AM today. Took another 15 minutes for the store to open. My only aim was an all weather jacket. So Mesh for ventilation in the summer and a removable water proof liner. Could not find my bearings for a while. So disconnected. Went to Alsa Mall sandwich shop before stepping onto the Dainese store. With the sticker shock from there, headed back to Spartan and tried a variety of Aspida, Scimitar. There was something lacking after having tried the Dainese Jackets. Tried Macna Hurracage and it just felt right from the moment i tried it. Did not wait much or even try haggling. Settled the bill and headed home. The MESH did allow breeze in while riding. Will have to ride longer to see and share more feedback when i do. Thanks for the time taken for advise.
rohitoasis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 22:41   #3276
BHPian

Need some insights from fellow Bhpians urgently. I'll be starting my Sikkim ride day after tomorrow, and I planned to carry my magnetic tank bang(A Solace Xtreme Magnetic Tank Bag) with me as a hand baggage on the flight to Bagdogra. I read on a few forums that the magnetic bag will create trouble during security checks and might not be allowed to be carried as a hand baggage, and in some cases, as a checked in baggage as well.

Has any of you carried such bags as either a hand/checked in baggage before, and, if yes, did you face any trouble during the security checks? I plan to keep my camera and other electronic/riding essentials in this bag during my ride. If there is indeed an issue in carrying such bags on board, I'll have to make alternate arrangements.
Old 22nd May 2019, 08:57   #3277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharatravan View Post
Has any of you carried such bags as either a hand/checked in baggage before, and, if yes, did you face any trouble during the security checks?
I have carried them as checked in baggage a couple of years back I and I did not face any issue. The airports I went through security check were Chennai, Delhi and Leh. The magnets are only a metal part like any other metal and it is not shaped like any weapon. So I am not sure what will be issue technically.
arulpeem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 11:57   #3278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arulpeem View Post
I have carried them as checked in baggage a couple of years back I and I did not face any issue. The airports I went through security check were Chennai, Delhi and Leh. The magnets are only a metal part like any other metal and it is not shaped like any weapon. So I am not sure what will be issue technically.
Will take a leap of faith then and carry it as a hand baggage. Just hoping that they don't create unnecessary hassle during the security checks!
Old 3rd June 2019, 13:39   #3279
BANNED

Got myself a jacket and pants from Solace by ordering online.

SABRE Mesh Jacket ( Black ) 3XL Rs.8250
COOLPRO V2.0 Mesh Pant Black 3XL Rs.8150

The product was well packed and duly shipped.

The Riding Gear thread-imag0040.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-imag0041.jpg

Fitment is decent, in spite of me gaining quite a few pounds in succession, plus I'm wearing a cotton shirt and jeans underneath.

The Riding Gear thread-imag0043.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-imag0044.jpg

They were kind enough to throw in a complimentary balaclava as well.
ashwinprakas is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 21:58   #3280
BHPian

Hello guys, so I am planning to buy a riding jacket with mostly weekend rides in mind. My budget is in the 5000-7000 INR range. I have shortlisted a few jackets. Could you help me with the right decision?

Contenders:

Rynox Air GT - CE 2 for shoulder and elbow | high density EVA foam for back - 6k
Scimitar Razor 2 L-2 jacket - CE 2 for shoulder and elbow | dual density armour for back - 6k
Scala Marvel - CE 2 for shoulder, elbow and back - 6k

I have checked =Mototech Scrambler, Aspida Aura Mesh, BBG Xplorer too.

What i loved about Mototech is that it's the lightest jacket in the category. However I also realize its not a deciding factor.

Help
Old 3rd June 2019, 22:13   #3281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
Tried Macna Hurracage **** Will have to ride longer to see and share more feedback when i do.
The last time i rode was at Mid day and with the liner safely secured. I was a sweaty mess by the end of the journey. So finally got an opportunity to ride a bit thanks to the teambhp meet. Removed the water proof liner. Zips in the back and the sleeves. Unzipping was relatively easy. It was light and breezy in the early morning drive as expected. I was really hoping to know how it fared as the sun rose higher. Fortunately the roads were open and clear and the ride back was breezy as well. So fortunate this ride was not as sweat soaked mess as the last time. What was difficult was trying to fix the rain liner back into the jacket. Aligning the zip was the difficult part. Zipping it back not so much. The quality of zipper used is top class and for the moment, no snatching feeling in the zips yet. Overall happy with this buy.

Realized in yesterday's ride that my gloves are difficult to wear now. Have ordered new set of gloves today in Revzilla along with new Smoked visor for my helmet.

Last edited by rohitoasis : 3rd June 2019 at 22:15.
Old 4th June 2019, 18:11   #3282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Shooter View Post
Hello guys, so I am planning to buy a riding jacket with mostly weekend rides in mind. My budget is in the 5000-7000 INR range. I have shortlisted a few jackets. Could you help me with the right decision?

Contenders:

Rynox Air GT - CE 2 for shoulder and elbow | high density EVA foam for back - 6k
Scimitar Razor 2 L-2 jacket - CE 2 for shoulder and elbow | dual density armour for back - 6k

What i loved about Mototech is that it's the lightest jacket in the category. However I also realize its not a deciding factor.

Help
Do check the offerings from Solace as well. Ive been hearing good feedback from different TBHPians. Mile muncher ashwinprakas has got a set from them in the post above yours.
Old 11th June 2019, 12:03   #3283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by REManiac78 View Post
Try out the Orazo riding boots available on http://www.orazosafety.com These boots are made keeping riders in mind. Ideally go for the Picus model (http://www.orazosafety.com/product_d...hp?pname=Picus). It has a 8 inch height and is a waterproof boot with protection at the right places. My favorite color is the black / orange. Ordering can be done online and the same retails at a price of Rs. 3800.
Digging up an old post as there's some discussion observed on Safety shoes by CD & AP in another thread. These Orazo boots have held their price quite well, in fact the Picus velcro 8" is listed for 3,599 INR

Recently you must have seen a lot of YouTube influencers promoting Orazo riding boots. As for me these are "Something is better than nothing category" without breaking the bank! Suited for commutes, short trips (touring) even can serve you in the rain.

Anyone using these can share their experience.

If you see the riding boots scenario in terms of safety on impact, the list goes like this,

1. MX (motocross) - a tank around your foot! Stiff, stuffy but gives the highest impact protection compromising tactile feel of controls levers. Parts (buckles) are replaceable.

2. ADV (adventure) - practically a MX boot with walkable sole and good looks (oiled leather). The buckles are carried forward from MX. These can last your leg if damaged/worn out parts are replaced.

3. Racing boots - slim, compact with maximum tactile response and features to help you slide without resistance or being caught up with the bike in case of a fall. High end boots have axial and torsional twist protection as well in the compact dimensions.

4. Touring boots - basic shin, ankle and toe box protection with weather proofing! Looks like racing boots, mostly in black with zipper entry and velcro closures, easy to live with!

Note: Only full length boots are mentioned above. There are many bridges/hybrids across the above categories. MX being the costliest and Touring being the most affordable. Except ADV most boots have engineered leather material for impact(wear) resistance and weather resistance.

Let's kick some dust in this thread.

Ride safe,
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 19:54   #3284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Shooter View Post

Contenders:

Help
I am exactly in your boat. We're you able to decide?
Old 1st July 2019, 14:20   #3285
BHPian

Guys.. Need replacement for riding jacket and helmet. Currently using DSG Triton. Requirements as below

Jacket:
*Budget : 10-12k. Currently stuck on Rynox stealth pro
*comfortable for long tours
*close enough to waterproof via internal or external liner
*removable thermal liner
*will be good if it has lots of pocket
*textile construction

Helmet
*budget: 5-6k
*silent
*removable liners
*preference to be given to the ones with flat chin models to better stick action cam mounts.

Comments/suggestions /options welcome
bullet_chacha is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks