Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2008, 00:52   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Also, to get rid of the fungus, keep them under direct sunlight when you have a nice, hot sunny day. the fungus will disappear within a couple of hours.
I'll try that too, when the day comes.
Old 9th August 2008, 08:27   #62
Senior - BHPian

in Mumbai, that day will not come for atleast another 45 days
Old 9th August 2008, 09:31   #63
Senior - BHPian

Then maybe he should courier them to someone in Delhi for Fungus removal! How about you Hitanshu??
Old 9th August 2008, 09:35   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
in Mumbai, that day will not come for atleast another 45 days
Are you the Phamilyman or the Weatherman?
Old 27th August 2008, 19:34   #65
BANNED

Straight6, with information you provided i searched the web and found out that Daijya is the Indian name for Japanese Marushin helmets. Hmm... so it might be good You see i am very particular about the pedigree of the helmet

Marushin Helmets. Japan since 1958

Marushin Kintaro Red
Old 27th August 2008, 23:09   #66
BANNED

Gill you will get solid colour, no flashy graphics, helmets from KBC and AGV.

If you're thinking about Indian AGV and KBC i'd suggest that you go for KBC.
Old 28th August 2008, 14:53   #67
Senior - BHPian

Anku in his DSG jacket.
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-img_0026.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-img_0027.jpg  

Old 28th August 2008, 15:10   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Most helmet manufacturers warn against stickers in their owners manual.
Really? Why would stickers be a problem?

Quote:
Anku in his DSG jacket.
Pardon my newbie'ness to T-Bhp, but is Anku a sbk rider? Asking coz I can a beautiful honda in the background.
What I wanted to say is, the DSG jacket is ok if worn more as a weather protection jacket than a armored jacket. Coz personally the DSG armour is just about so-so, I own the same DSG Spike Red jacket too, so I know what are its shortcomings.
Anyways, I sincerely feel that as a sbk one should always invest in proper leathers as nothing beats the protection of leathers. Incase one is concerned about the heat, better quality mesh jackets are available too. Cramster/DSG/Angels Racing stuff is ok for our desi bikes, the videsi bikes warrant better protection.
Old 28th August 2008, 18:30   #69
BHPian

Quote:
In fact, bright graphics make you more visible to others. If you still don't want that, you can go for either white or yellow helmets. Black is the worst choice in plain colour.
I understand your concern and rational.
But it's more of personal choice!Moreover i need it for daily commuting rather then fast driving.I fell awkward wearing bright colors to be honest.

Can any one suggest from where one can get Sparx Helmets here!
Old 28th August 2008, 21:58   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Really? Why would stickers be a problem?

Pardon my newbie'ness to T-Bhp, but is Anku a sbk rider? Asking coz I can a beautiful honda in the background.
What I wanted to say is, the DSG jacket is ok if worn more as a weather protection jacket than a armored jacket. Coz personally the DSG armour is just about so-so, I own the same DSG Spike Red jacket too, so I know what are its shortcomings.
Anyways, I sincerely feel that as a sbk one should always invest in proper leathers as nothing beats the protection of leathers. Incase one is concerned about the heat, better quality mesh jackets are available too. Cramster/DSG/Angels Racing stuff is ok for our desi bikes, the videsi bikes warrant better protection.
The glue on the stickers is not good for the shell of the helmet.

Yes, that's anku's 954 in the background. He wants to buy a new helmet and maybe another jacket.

I have a Cramster and its not bad at all.
Old 29th August 2008, 09:46   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The glue on the stickers is not good for the shell of the helmet.
How does glue get through the paint and then eat through the shell and there by greatly reducing the structural integrity of the helmet? If this is what you meant.

Quote:
Yes, that's anku's 954 in the background. He wants to buy a new helmet and maybe another jacket.

I have a Cramster and its not bad at all.
I beg to differ, Cramsters/DSG/Angels Racing are good when you wanna ride places where the elements of nature are pretty harsh i.e. weather protection. But when it comes to proper protection, these jackets will only really protect you from bruises, road rash etc. When riding a sbk the in the situation of a fall, the degree of hurting oneself is much higher.

Anyways each to his own.
Old 29th August 2008, 10:24   #72
BANNED

Quote:
How does glue get through the paint and then eat through the shell and there by greatly reducing the structural integrity of the helmet?
What you've asked is exactly what the reputed helmet manufacturers say. But how i don't know, it may be best answered by a chemical engineer.

But my layman guess is that since the composites are substrates held together by resins (advanced adhesives) the chemicals found in sticker glue might work against the resins holding the composites together.
Old 29th August 2008, 16:28   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How does glue get through the paint and then eat through the shell and there by greatly reducing the structural integrity of the helmet? If this is what you meant.

I beg to differ, Cramsters/DSG/Angels Racing are good when you wanna ride places where the elements of nature are pretty harsh i.e. weather protection. But when it comes to proper protection, these jackets will only really protect you from bruises, road rash etc. When riding a sbk the in the situation of a fall, the degree of hurting oneself is much higher.

Anyways each to his own.
I think the helmet manufacturer knows more than we do so I would just go with their instructions.

I have 7 riding jackets so I know the level of protection the Cramster offers. Its not bad at all. In fact, I'm pretty sure they are not manufactured here.

The way you put it, people should be riding in full racing suits then. Don't forget that even a full suit is not enough when you crash at high speeds. Most of the helmet manufacturers have a disclaimer in the owners manual saying that their helmet may not save your life.
Old 29th August 2008, 17:04   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
I got it from Megha enterprises lalbagh road. Why ??
So they already have these imported ones with them?
Old 11th September 2008, 15:52   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P180V1 View Post
I checked the top air vents on my AGV GP1 helmet & found that there were 2 holes inside the foam which allow air inside, I also rode & checked they did work. So I say they are useful.

CHEERS,
G D
Hey, can you post a photo of the holes in the foam? I'll post photos of mine as well.

Most Viewed