Team-BHP - Helmets for Kids
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Ride Safe (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ride-safe/)
-   -   Helmets for Kids (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ride-safe/6959-helmets-kids.html)

Do any of you know of a brand that offers helmets for little kids? I'm looking for one that would fit my 6 year old son, who was using a nice little open face helmet that we picked up from KL 3 years back.

The only one of the available brands that did fit him was one called "Lady Diana" by Vega or some other brand starting with a "V". However, thats too heavy for kids to carry on their heads on the time.

Please revert.

Hi.

I suppose the best quality and deal you can get is from overseas. I had once done the futile exercise for a friend with no decent results :Frustrati

Cheers

If you can't get a proper bike helmet, then get him a bicycle helmet. Bell makes these. They are going to be open face only though.

another option is going to be to get the smallest helmet you can and add more padding to it.

Digging up this relic.

Are there any good helmet options for a 3 year old? My daughter travels with my wife and me on our two wheelers and I want her to get into the habit of wearing a helmet.

Any leads will be greatly appreciated!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluu (Post 3408721)
Digging up this relic.

Are there any good helmet options for a 3 year old? My daughter travels with my wife and me on our two wheelers and I want her to get into the habit of wearing a helmet.

Any leads will be greatly appreciated!

Yamaha launched new Child Safety program recently and launched few helmets for kids.

You can check with the any Yamaha dealers (Major dealers would be better)

Few pics found on web
http://www.motorbeam.com/bikes/yamah...afety-program/

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunrider (Post 3409812)
Yamaha launched new Child Safety program recently and launched few helmets for kids.

Checked already, they're not suitable for 6 year olds; they're more suitable for teens

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 3409915)
Checked already, they're not suitable for 6 year olds; they're more suitable for teens

Same situation, have you been able to source a helmet for your kid?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dass (Post 3454152)
Same situation, have you been able to source a helmet for your kid?

Been thinking about it almost every single day, yet could not find a vendor who would sell. The only possibility I see is to find one outside this country.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 3454173)
Been thinking about it almost every single day, yet could not find a vendor who would sell. The only possibility I see is to find one outside this country.

You can do two things:
a. Find a retailer in KL - I can bring it down for you. You just have to drop by thiruvanmiyur to collect it in person.
b. Speak to Krishnendu kes (google him up) aka ken cool on xbhp. else pm me your email and i'll connect. His son even at age 7/8 had full gear from helmet to armor, almost a decade back. He may know indian brands.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 3454174)
a. Find a retailer in KL - I can bring it down for you. You just have to drop by thiruvanmiyur to collect it in person

I'm flattered!! Thank you Sirje; Being nearly a resident of KL (hope it's Kerala & not Kuala Lumpur), I'll try to find a retailer next time when I'm there

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 3454174)
Speak to Krishnendu kes...may know indian brands.

Will do. Thanks for the lead; I was under the impression Ken da imported it outside the country
BTW, Ken da & aargee know each other for nearly 4 years now ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 3454234)
I'm flattered!! Thank you Sirje; Being nearly a resident of KL (hope it's Kerala & not Kuala Lumpur), I'll try to find a retailer next time when I'm there

Ouch. I meant Kuala Lumpur! i forgot Kerala completely :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 3454234)
Will do. Thanks for the lead; I was under the impression Ken da imported it outside the country
BTW, Ken da & aargee know each other for nearly 4 years now ;)

Yes of course, that's possible, but who am I to assume that? I've known ken for almost a decade now. I can only offer help! :D

guys, have you checked this website
http://wranglerhelmets.tradeindia.co...t-1124727.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 3454469)
Ouch. I meant Kuala Lumpur! i forgot Kerala completely :Frustrati

Just asking to check if there's something I could do without troubling anyone...

Discarding the cost of shipping & the fact US makes nothing but branding, do you think gears sold from US are more reliable, cheaper & considered a better buy than getting one from KL?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 3454531)
Just asking to check if there's something I could do without troubling anyone...

Discarding the cost of shipping & the fact US makes nothing but branding, do you think gears sold from US are more reliable, cheaper & considered a better buy than getting one from KL?

KL is a more mature market in general.
It still has 70% step thrus but the others ride in proper gear. almost all of them. very little non-kitted out riders (during peak hours/bikes).

That would mean a decent market in these goods.

Cheaper more reliable etc no clue. It would be at par or slightly costlier if its US brands only. US has great online stores and great sales. That may be tougher than buying at a store in KL. Even in US, I didn't buy anything at a store - it was too expensive (atleast for cycling).

Are we saying that there are no options of buying these online here in India? such a dampner.