Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2010, 17:50   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
@Sheel, hope you dont mind by the way I put this, but for some it is simply not an option. Some live on such tight budgets that spending on a cab ride one evening may rob them of dinner on the last day of the month. Cabs charge around Rs. 10/km. Bikes can give a mileage of around 50 atleast. effectively bringing the cost/km to Re. 1/km. A 10 km. journey could save a man Rs. 90 and for some that is equal to there daily expense budget!
Sir, most of the people i know who cry hoarsely when i ask them to do something in the interest of their own safety, always bring the money thing up,

but the same people shall spend a significant amount on paan masala/cigarette/alcohol and other such luxuries and when i point this out, them have a very wry smile to show up.
Old 17th June 2010, 19:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

OMG !!! Really sad to read such a tragic incident.

Apart from the already mentioned saree guards, personal caution must also be exercised to a large extent.

I remember an incident when i was in pune. A lunatic on a bike was riding with his toddler on the pillion. The kid was no more than 5 yrs old and was clinging on to his shirt. One bump would have sent her crashing on to the road and this was a fairly open road with other vehicles zipping. There would have been no reaction time for anyone behind to brake if the kid had fallen off.

Tried to knock some sense into the guy's head (was in his late 30's i guess) and i was very polite but in turn i was asked to buzz off and he didnt even bother to ride slow and was in fact doing speeds of almost 60k's.

Guys like this should be shot for risking lives of innocent kids.
Old 21st June 2010, 16:12   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
the people dont buy a scooteer as it quite less mileage than a bike . a 36000 rs bike can easily give 70 kmpl but scooters not more than 45 . our incomes are not that high that they switch to scooter .in india also there are no helmets available for kids . the parents should buy the skating helmets as they are avail .

buses dont go everywhere and autos are expensive even for middle class .
Considering that the person involved had pulsar, a person having pulsar doesnt have money to use rickshaw?! Is your argument a joke?

Last edited by subscrive : 21st June 2010 at 16:17.

Most Viewed