Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2014, 23:13   #15046
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I bet his driving is bad as his English.

How do these guys even know how to post stuff on networks when they are so uncouth/uncultured.
Anil, FB doesn't have an entrance test like TBHP
Bluu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 23:26   #15047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKis View Post
Dont take him too seriously. He is a big time nut case and have been following him on facebook for sometime!!
He's the biggest idiot I've seen in sometime. I'd only seen such characters on TV but then again every character on the reel is inspired by a real life nut.

He calls himself John 'The King' Khanna. He created multiple fake profiles on FB including those of women and defense personnel to counter the criticism of his drag racing capabilities.

Having read his posts I am assuming he 'spotted' an accident but then 'the king' has to sound like an idiot to justify his stature to the various people living in his head.

However I still feel a snapshot of this should be brought to TATA's attention because if its true not only has be damaged property but also assaulted someone.
AbhishekB86 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 23:58   #15048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKis View Post
Dont take him too seriously. He is a big time nut case and have been following him on facebook for sometime!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
If the incident is true, this guy must be jailed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post
He's the biggest idiot I've seen in sometime.
Dear All, We should rather move on from this discussion as people like him do not deserve our time and attention. I am sure TATA is a responsible organization and would not just sit back after is mishap. In my view people like him are just like a "virus" which need to be immediately "quarantined".

Thanks

AD
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2014, 07:41   #15049
Senior - BHPian

So the virus has spead here also....I was having a tub of popcorn in seeing all the tamasha he creates, the likes of which can put entertainers like vidya balan and ekta kapoor and others from bollywood to shame also. He is a certified MILO in my opinion.
(Mental Inside Lunatic Outside).
Also, what he wrote is all scripted, and he deleted that status after being confronted by the pics he put (4 year old manza) to the car he claimed he drove (vista D90). he is just a moron wanting to grab attention because he has nothing to do in real life.

Last edited by sidindica : 28th February 2014 at 07:44.
sidindica is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th February 2014, 22:49   #15050
BHPian

Two accidents in the past few hours. One very minor (I was involved) and second was little major (two two-wheelers)

1. I was passing Nagavara flyover, Bangalore (after Manyata Tech park). For those who know this flyover, at a time two cars cross it on one side. I was driving at the right most lane. Due to traffic, I was moving slowly. From behind came a Tata Pickup vehicle and overtook me from left. Not sure what happened, he started coming right side. Honked, NO USE! Still he continue to come towards right and hit my left mirror hard. He did not even had courtesy to apologize and continued to drive. Chased him for a while, he stopped and started scolding me that it was my mistake. After looking at him and his co-passengers, thought its no use of arguing with them. It will simply be waste of my energy. Stopped near Kalyan Nagar Chroma and found the left mirror is completely damaged. [pics attached below]
Luckily he did not touch other part of car body. Else it would be bigger dent in my pocket

2. While I was sitting near Chroma, distressed and feeling helpless about the 1st incident, noticed two two-wheelers collide each other at the start of Kalyan Nagar flyover. One of them appeared to be pretty serious. I have not seen him clearly (else I may not get sleep properly), but I believe he was not wearing helmet and he was bleeding all over. He became unconscious for some time.
I immediately called 108, but those people took very long time to come. By then traffic started piling up. So the guy was sent in Auto to nearby hospital.
Other guy appeared to suffer minor injuries, as I could see him walk after the accident.

After all this, all I can say is, please God save us and give people some common-sense!
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-wp_20140228_19_40_35_pro.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-wp_20140228_19_40_45_pro.jpg  

Last edited by 500ContyCruiser : 28th February 2014 at 22:50.
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2014, 23:17   #15051
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Two accidents in the past few hours. One very minor (I was involved) and second was little major (two two-wheelers)

1. I was passing Nagavara flyover, Bangalore (after Manyata Tech park). For those who know this flyover, at a time two cars cross it on one side. I was driving at the right most lane. Due to traffic, I was moving slowly. From behind came a Tata Pickup vehicle and overtook me from left. Not sure what happened, he started coming right side. Honked, NO USE! Still he continue to come towards right and hit my left mirror hard. He did not even had courtesy to apologize and continued to drive. Chased him for a while, he stopped and started scolding me that it was my mistake. After looking at him and his co-passengers, thought its no use of arguing with them. It will simply be waste of my energy. Stopped near Kalyan Nagar Chroma and found the left mirror is completely damaged. [pics attached below]
Luckily he did not touch other part of car body. Else it would be bigger dent in my pocket

2. While I was sitting near Chroma, distressed and feeling helpless about the 1st incident, noticed two two-wheelers collide each other at the start of Kalyan Nagar flyover. One of them appeared to be pretty serious. I have not seen him clearly (else I may not get sleep properly), but I believe he was not wearing helmet and he was bleeding all over. He became unconscious for some time.
I immediately called 108, but those people took very long time to come. By then traffic started piling up. So the guy was sent in Auto to nearby hospital.
Other guy appeared to suffer minor injuries, as I could see him walk after the accident.

After all this, all I can say is, please God save us and give people some common-sense!
Sad to know that your car suffered some damage. It is the attitude of people that must change. People who drive bigger vehicles think they are the masters of the road and those driving smaller vehicles must give way whatsoever.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2014, 23:58   #15052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Sad to know that your car suffered some damage. It is the attitude of people that must change. People who drive bigger vehicles think they are the masters of the road and those driving smaller vehicles must give way whatsoever.
Thanks for the concerns! Yes, attitude and moral of people has gone to gutters! Thanks to our RTO for giving license to every Tom-Dick-Harry!

Anyways, I am here with broken mirror, dent in my pocket and some spirit to cheer me up!
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2014, 09:05   #15053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Thanks for the concerns! Yes, attitude and moral of people has gone to gutters! Thanks to our RTO for giving license to every Tom-Dick-Harry!
Every Bangy boy, knows this. All you can do before is be sensible about this and let him take that right. It does not feel too good, but I believe it's better than a broken mirror.

Good Luck.
pratyush6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2014, 09:25   #15054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Every Bangy boy, knows this. All you can do before is be sensible about this and let him take that right. It does not feel too good, but I believe it's better than a broken mirror.

Good Luck.
I always let people go first. At least I should know that this guy wants to come right, then only I can let him go. On indication what so ever (either hand signal or indicators, I doubt he had them working). When going parallel in slow moving traffic, this guys suddenly decides to move right; what do I say him!

With slightest hint, I did honk at him, but it was of no use :(

Last edited by 500ContyCruiser : 1st March 2014 at 09:26.
Old 1st March 2014, 10:12   #15055
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday night while returning from office, I had the scariest experience of my life . It was 11:15pm in the night & I was entering the Khadki Bazaar area. I wanted to take a left turn so as to get on the road that leads to the old Mumbai-Pune highway. I had given the left indicator & turned the steering almost halfway into the turn & bang I hear a loud noise on the left front door & before I could make out what was that I could see one bike fellow hitting the tarmac & both the bike & the biker getting dragged on the road for almost 20 feet before coming to a halt. He could be easily doing 50-60 kmph when he hit my car. I immediately got down from the car & ran towards the fellow. Couple of other passers by also stopped to help the guy. Someone picked up his bike & other that fellow. Fortunately he was in his senses. There were bruises & cuts on his elbow & his leg. I ran back to my car to get the water bottle & locked the car. Offered him some water. He was talking. I asked him if he did not see my indicator. He said that he was engrossed in some thought & failed to notice the indicator. Thank God he at least accepted his mistake. Other passers by stopped to ask what had happened. I told them the incident. On seeing that I was helping the victim, they too helped him & didn't bother me much. Luckily the biker was staying in the nearby area & when I offered him to drop in my car, he said that he was fine & can manage to ride back to his home on his own. I told him to check if his bike was in condition to ride & luckily it was. When this guy left the spot, other locals who helped said that he was a drunk fellow.

Later on I came back to my car to check if there was any damage. There were couple of scratches on the door, fender, bumper & the alloy wheel. When I started the car to drive I noticed the steering wheel was offset from the centre position by at least 15-20 degrees. I had to cover about 16kms to reach my home, hence drove very carefully with the tilted steering. Luckily the car was able to keep a straight line, indicating that the alignment was not disturbed, only the steering wheel setting got disturbed, when this fellow banged on my turning wheel. All the way back to home, I have lost the count how many times I would have cursed this guy for driving so recklessly. On further analysis I realized that before that left turn, there was a speed breaker & this moron didn't care to slow down on the speed breaker. When he might have seen my car turning left, he would have tried to brake, but having been air-borne going at high speed over the breaker, there was no chance that he could have stoped in time, resulting in hitting me & skidding all the way to glory. That moron was also not wearing any helmet & was lucky not to get any head injuries.

Today morning I got up to see the damage in daylight & below are the few snaps. Nothing major (touchwood)

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-scratch-left-door.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dent-above-wheel-fender.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-scratches-left-alloy-wheel.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-scratches-bumper-edge.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2014, 10:50   #15056
Distinguished - BHPian

That is a scary story AutoIndian but glad that nobody was seriously hurt. Khadki area after dark is lonely and encourages manic driving so I am usually ultra cautious in that stretch. Not to mention the old Bombay Pune highway traffic lights are switched off at night making those intersections complete death traps.

Overtaking a turning vehicle from the wrong side has become SOP for Pune bikers. I don't know anyone would continue to indulge in thus brainless behaviour since the biker is the one who would bear the brunt of the damage.
noopster is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2014, 11:28   #15057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
That is a scary story AutoIndian but glad that nobody was seriously hurt. Khadki area after dark is lonely and encourages manic driving so I am usually ultra cautious in that stretch. Not to mention the old Bombay Pune highway traffic lights are switched off at night making those intersections complete death traps.
Absolutely . The Khadki cantonment area is very poorly lit & daily I cross this area between 10:30pm to 11:00pm. Every day I take utmost care, but yesterday even that was not enough. Before taking a left turn I always glance in my left ORVM, but yesterday it all happened within split second. Only later did I realize that the moron was riding a Pulsar, no doubt he was manic driving. I have seen umpteen number of accidents at these intersections, yesterday I was a part of it

Quote:
Overtaking a turning vehicle from the wrong side has become SOP for Pune bikers. I don't know anyone would continue to indulge in thus brainless behaviour since the biker is the one who would bear the brunt of the damage.
Hope the guy learns from his mistake & starts riding sanely respecting other road users.
Old 1st March 2014, 11:39   #15058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Not only Pune, it is very often happening in Mumbai as well. Even after giving right/left signal to turn right/left the bikers simply do not bother and insist on overtaking from the wrong side!!! As it is one has slowed down and looking ahead towards the oncoming / ahead traffic. How can one again look towards the right/left for these morons? And that too not willing to slow down at all. And then they curse you as if it is your fault you are turning after giving a signal!?

Another menace is that most bikers love to drive on the wrong side of the road nowadays to save a few metres distance. I suppose that blame goes on the government - keeping on hiking petrol prices - so save a few paise, even at the risk of causing a major accident.

Last edited by sandeep108 : 1st March 2014 at 11:42.
Old 1st March 2014, 12:52   #15059
BHPian

The weirdest accident my friend saw last night. The drunk driver too could not imagine how he made the vehicle climb reverse onto a Light Pole. It happened in Gurgaon.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-g-acc.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-g-acc1.jpg
Diesel lover is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st March 2014, 13:21   #15060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
The drunk driver too could not imagine how he made the vehicle climb reverse onto a Light Pole.
Picture is almost unbelievable but momentum can do strange things. There is something between drunk & light pole. This proves it.
msdivy is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks